Author Topic: 30AC Wave 1 - Revenge of the Sith  (Read 77151 times)

Offline Marshallmario

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC Wave 1 - Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #390 on: April 10, 2007, 10:37 AM »
   I stopped at my local Wal-mart this morning at 7:00am, like I have almost every weekday morning for the last month trying to get a McQuarrie. They had 37 TAC wave 1 figures up on the pegs. 2 SBD, 4 Airborn... but no McQuarrie. I figure they must have put up at least 4 cases of figures? I'm pretty down right now with Hasbro still packing him at 1 per case and now wave2 starting to show. I've read all the discussion about waiting and they will show up but I no longer agree. I think he will remain almost impossible to find and the McQuarrie figures in the next wave will be worse to find as this spirals downward. I sure hope I'm wrong but thinks look dark at this point.

Offline IshiTib

• Jedi Initiate
  • The actual avatar is my newest figure:)
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: April 10, 2007, 04:53 PM »
finally they appeared in my town, so i am lucky :) i took the airborne trooper and galactic marine, very nice, but mace windu, mcquarrie and r2 were missing, i wanted to buy mace, but maybe he'll appear again
Sorry for my bad English, i am German.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: April 10, 2007, 10:22 PM »
I acquired Mace from a trade with a fellow collector today. Hes pretty cool. Hes growing on me...  8)

And now, Obi-Wan is officially the peg heat-wrap of the Targets of SJ. R2's also getting there. No one else seems to be warming though, kind of a good thing now that i have all the ones i need...that is, except SBD!!!  :'(

David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: April 13, 2007, 09:18 AM »
Just wanted to pass along a truly strange story that borders on creepy. 

I may have mentioned this before (I'm too lazy to look), but about a month ago, I picked up a Super Battle Droid figure at Target and when I opened him up, I noticed that he had two left hips.  His lower legs were correct, but where his right hip should have been was a backwards left hip.  I found this pretty odd, but nothing too disconcerting as he could still stand on his own rather well, and since I have multiple SBDs, it did kind of add a bit of variety to the stances.

Well, yesterday, I walked into a local Wal-Mart and bought another SBD.  When I got home and opened him up, I noticed that, shock of shocks, he had two RIGHT hips.  Again, his lower legs were correct, but in place of his left hip was a backwards right hip.  EXACT OPPOSITE OF THE PREVIOUS FIGURE. 

The obvious question is to the customizers who might be reading this thread:  I've found that the hips pop off pretty easily without any boiling/whatever/etc, but I'm having trouble figuring out how the knee joints are connected and if they are easily removed/replaced.  Now that I have both sets of hips, I can make two correct SBDs without backward hips, but I'm about as skilled in customizing as Ben Affleck is in dramatic acting, so any advice before I destroy a figure would be appreciated. :)

The second thing is that this is the most bizarre thing I've ever had happen to me through the many years I've been collecting SW toys.  I mean, one backward hipped figure is kind of weird, but to get another figure, in another area, at another retailer, and have it with not only the same problem, but have it be the exact reverse of the previous figure, essentially giving me the tools to correct said problem on both figures, is ******* creepy. :)

Offline rikdom

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: April 13, 2007, 03:37 PM »
Creepy......Or lucky?

My advice, play the lottery.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: April 14, 2007, 01:48 AM »
No sign whatsoever that TAC even exists in Jax. ::)
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #396 on: April 14, 2007, 04:45 AM »
Dr. P,

Boil up some water...  Drop the SBD in.  His knee/leg should pop apart pretty easily.  The construction is a pin holding the knee to the thigh.  I just looked at mine, and that's all there is to it.  The leg pieces should become flexible (you might be able to do this by running it under scalding hot tap water too), and the pin should push out with a little force...  Pretty simple.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: April 14, 2007, 10:11 AM »
Creepy......Or lucky?

My advice, play the lottery.

Sadly, if he's like everyone else, he used all his luck up on the SBD's and won't be eligible for anything lucky for another seven years. :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: April 14, 2007, 11:50 AM »
Sadly, if he's like everyone else, he used all his luck up on the SBD's and won't be eligible for anything lucky for another seven years. :P

Yeah, I fear that this will be my one "lucky" collecting incident and that it's all downhill or Jerjerrod from here on out.  ;)

Thank you for the advice, Jesse.  I'll let you guys know how it goes. :)

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: April 14, 2007, 07:04 PM »
well i picked up another SBD. great figure but i think im done with this one for now. might pick up a third later but i need to save up for wave 2 and a v-wing...when ever that things hits stores that is (in canada)
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: April 15, 2007, 12:04 PM »
Success!  ;D

Thanks again for the tip, Jesse.  Extremely hot tap water worked really well, and I was able to pop the knee joints and switch them in less than 10 minutes.  :)

Obi-Wan and R2-D2 (and to a lesser extent, Mace Windu) are REALLY starting to back up around here.  Wal-Mart, Target, and TRU all have at least 4 Obi-Wans and TRU is holding the record for R2s at 12.  Someone please tell me that neither of these are shipping in future cases because, if they are, all those Jerjerrods are going to get jealous and start multiplying again to take back their crown. :)

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: April 15, 2007, 01:38 PM »
Wow, WM is getting TAC!!!????  :o

;)
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m