Author Topic: 30AC Coin Pack-Ins  (Read 24604 times)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
30AC Coin Pack-Ins
« on: June 25, 2006, 03:00 PM »
Coins are going to be packed in with the 3 3/4' basic figures instead of thye mini holograms, what do you think about this? Would you rather have mini holos return, or have coins take over? Although I thought the mini holos was a cool idea when we first heard about it and the Carkoon wave hit, frankly now that I have about 10 of them I am a bit bored with them. I wasn't around to experience the first go-round of coins with the POTF figures, but I am excited with the prospect of them returning in the '07 Saga Collection.

Your thoughts?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 09:49 PM by Jeff »

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
Re: 2007 Coin Pack-Ins
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 03:12 PM »
Anything is a better idea than the lame holos ::)
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 04:01 PM »
I'll bet they start out with silver coins, and then halfway through the year they switch to gold.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2006, 04:27 PM »
Yeah, something like that. Or maybe the basic figures will all have the same color coin through the whole line (I'd expect silver), and then 10 of the figures will have chase variations with gold coins.
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2006, 05:03 PM »
I rather my action figures come with accessories and not other useless crap.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2006, 05:18 PM »
I'd rather my figures move beyond 1983 and have knee, elbow, and wrist joints become a standard in the line...  Pack-ins like the mini holos cost more than people realize I think, and coins I can't imagine will be much better...  I have no interest in pack-in garbage anymore, I would prefer the quality of the toys themselves reach a higher standard considering the retail price they now cost...  Static legs and arms just ain't cuttin' the mustard anymore.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2006, 05:26 PM »
I have no interest in pack-in garbage anymore, I would prefer the quality of the toys themselves reach a higher standard considering the retail price they now cost...

Ditto.   :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2006, 05:30 PM »
I totally agree Jesse. I want better articulate figures over the junk that doesn't relate to the figure. If they do include something, why don't they add something that can be used we the 3 3/4 figure, but if that takes away from the figures articulation, quailty, etc then leave it out.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2006, 06:47 PM »
Sorry but I am happy with these ;)  Coins and FF's have been my favorite pack-ins for the last 20 years. 

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2006, 08:07 PM »
Ditch the pack-ins and give us $5 figures.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2006, 08:14 PM »

With the economy, fuel prices, etc  I think the $5 SW figs may be a thing of the past.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2006, 08:31 PM »

With the economy, fuel prices, etc  I think the $5 SW figs may be a thing of the past.

eh?  What's the difference between now and when ROTS figs hit?  I miss my $5 SW figs.  I could care less for additional goodies crap thats included with the figure.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2006, 10:12 PM »
I'd rather my figures move beyond 1983 and have knee, elbow, and wrist joints become a standard in the line...  Pack-ins like the mini holos cost more than people realize I think, and coins I can't imagine will be much better...  I have no interest in pack-in garbage anymore, I would prefer the quality of the toys themselves reach a higher standard considering the retail price they now cost...  Static legs and arms just ain't cuttin' the mustard anymore.

What scares me is the cost of zinc has gone up considerably. (Zinc is the main ingredient fo die cast) So with that said will the cost go up again for this crap.
As Jesse pointed out I think the vast majority of us want more acessories or articulation. At this point i would rather them stay with the holo figures to create a chess set. I cant beleive I said that...............
Its like freeze frames all over again, give up the gimmicks and give us content!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2006, 06:59 AM »
The coins could be cast in polyvinyl with metalic flake for all we know so i"m not in a panic on it, but to me pack-ins are pack-ins and all run something that negatively impacts the bottom line of the core product.  A Force File or Freezeframe's cost is negligible...  A miniature holographic figure requires mold toolings, production, special packaging demands...

A coin's going to require tooling too, and if you're right Jack on these being metal (let's say for the sake of argument that's the deal) we're looking at something costlier...

BTW I agree on the price issue with iFett...  I've said it before and I'll say it again.  If the costs of oil for manufacturers suddenly spiked Star Wars figures up $2 from last year, you'd be seeing similar increases elsewhere in anything within the plastics industry.  The jump is just a price spike from retail (I blame them more than Hasbro, however Hasbro's got the blame for what the product ultimately is for the price irregardless).  The fact TRU or KB Toys can run sales for weeks at a time where figures come down to $4.50 or so, and they still profit well, is enough to hate these prices.

$6.99 figures of course aren't anything new to the line, but they sure suck compared to what we paid last year, combined with what we got in terms of quality last year.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2006, 07:31 AM »
I have not seen $5 since midway through the ROTS line.  So actually prices did change in my region.  With the price of gas, I think that figures are reflecting that .  Where I live, TRU, WM and Targets all sell these at a minimum of $6.83 (Walmarts price). So that right there is about a 27% rise in price.  That is huge.