Author Topic: Master Replicas Joins up with Medicom!  (Read 2375 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Master Replicas Joins up with Medicom!
« on: May 28, 2006, 01:54 PM »
I received an e-mail from MR recently that says this:

"Master Replicas is very excited to announce an alliance with The Medicom Toy Corporation, to distribute specific Medicom Toy products. Until now, many of Medicom Toy’s expertly crafted, highly sought-after Disney collectibles have not been made readily available outside of Japan. Now, Master Replicas and Medicom Toy have teamed up to bring you those collectibles you’ve been yearning for!
Currently, three products have been selected for distribution, with additional products to be announced as they are made available. The first three products will be:

“That's got to be the best pirate I've ever seen.” Of course, the pirate in question is Captain Jack Sparrow, whose exploits in 2003’s Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl, have become the stuff of legend. And now, Captain Jack is back as an authentic prop replica!
Just in time for 2006’s Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest, Master Replicas and Medicom Toy are pleased to offer this 12 inch tall Jack Sparrow figure, featuring a realistic likeness and authentic costume and weapons replicated from the film. Jack Sparrow is being released as a part of Medicom Toy’s coveted Real Action Heroes line, and will make a great addition to any 1/6 scale figure collection!

$149
Collectors Society On Sale: May 30, 2006
(9:00 am Pacific Time)
General Public On Sale Date: June 1, 2006
Expected to Begin Shipping: Fall 2006

“What’s this? What’s this?” It’s Jack Skellington, star of Tim Burton’s Nightmare Before Christmas as an authentic prop replica. Released in 1993, the first full-length, first stop-motion animated film ever created won critical acclaim and a huge following for its endearingly ghoulish characters and delightfully “twisted” visual style.

Jack stands nearly 18 inches high – the exact size used during filmmaking - and features 12 interchangeable soft vinyl heads and an internal brass armature, so you can pose the Pumpkin King for maximum spooky fun.

$279
Expected to Begin Shipping: Fall 2006

Released in 1991 and flying straight from the pages of Dave Steven’s graphic novel, The Rocketeer recreated the 1930s world of gangsters, spies and the beginning age of Aviation.

The authentic prop replica of the Rocketeer is 12 inches tall, fully articulated for maximum posing, complete with “replica” chewing gum on his rocket, and comes with his own stand.

$149
Expected to Begin Shipping: Fall 2006"

So right now it's just disney figures, but hopefully, Star Wars are just around the corner!

This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Master Replicas Joins up with Medicom!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 03:39 PM »
Very interesting.  Sideshow will be distributing the SW Medicom items and MR will cover the Disney items.  This should make things much more attainable.  8)

edited for my poor spelling.  ::)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 03:40 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006, 07:56 PM »
Aww crap....I didn't even think that. 
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 5, 2006, 12:32 AM »
12" Rocketeer?

Sweet deal!

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...