Author Topic: Okay I ordered cases whats gives??  (Read 2142 times)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Okay I ordered cases whats gives??
« on: June 1, 2003, 03:48 AM »
Okay I work at Walmart(I dont want to but I need the money and they pay deptartment managers good)

A couple of weeks ago I ordered 1 case of Collection 1 and 2 of Collection 2 after the cases of the Hoth Han wave sold out.

Well tonight they came in and they sent me crap.

Collection 1 case- Yoda/Destroyer Droid assortment

Collection 2 cases-Royal Guard/Taun We assortment

I don't understand. If I could order specific cases it would be good but at this rate they could send me these lame 2002 cases. Now they'll sit cases NO ONE will buy them.

Any thoughts?

MJ
I remember my dream now.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Okay I ordered cases whats gives??
« Reply #1 on: June 1, 2003, 07:00 AM »
This is a long standing problem with a lot of retail chains.  The SKU #'s on all of these assorments are the same.  They're  just known as Collection 1 & Collection 2.  That makes it impossible for managers to order individual assortments at the retail level.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #2 on: June 1, 2003, 12:58 PM »
It's total crap is what it is.
dustrho

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 1, 2003, 04:50 PM »
Hmmm...

Once again I find Hasbro at fault.  Stupid Hasbro!

:P

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 2, 2003, 04:02 PM »
At first I was going to argue he point with you, CHEWIE, after all, it was Wal*Mart's warehouses MetalJedi would really have fault with.

But after thinking about it a little bit longer, I have to back you up: it is Hasbro's fault.

Hasbro way overproduced the figures from last year. These are clogging up the distribution system to the point that new product can't even make it to the warehouse. I wouldn't be surprised to find out the new figures we've gotten this year have been drop-shipments straight from Hasbro to the stores.

Hasbro introduced the Collection 1 and 2 idea. If every wave did have it's own SKU, then knowledgable stores could get the product they want.

This is just depressing...

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 2, 2003, 04:39 PM »
i wonder if by the time episode 3 coems out hasbro will have realized they should make literally half the amount they normaly do. god knows how many they did make of most items...especially zam wessels....GAH!!

your wal mart soudns like my target, always gettign more, but of old crap. i thinkt he only worthwhile item in target is a few accessory sets, notably the hoth as its an underseller.