Author Topic: The Office  (Read 65825 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: The Office
« Reply #105 on: April 12, 2007, 10:39 AM »
New Office!

SAFETY TRAINING
8:30/7:30c TV14

SAFETY LESSONS IN THE OFFICE - Andy (Ed Helms) returns to the office after several weeks of anger management training, determined to make a fresh start with all the Dunder-Mifflin employees. Meanwhile, it's safety training day in the office, and Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) and Dwight (Rainn Wilson) are on a mission to illuminate the true dangers of the workplace.

"Darryl thinks he's such a man because he works in the warehouse.  Well, big deal!  I worked in a warehouse.  Men's Wearhouse.  I was a greeter."
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 12, 2007, 02:16 PM »
I'm glad to see Andy is back.  He and Dwight are comedy gold together. 

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #107 on: April 26, 2007, 10:55 AM »
NEW EPISODE TONIGHT!

PRODUCT RECALL

8:30/7:30c TV14

UNPRINTABLE? AN OFFICE IN CRISIS - The office is in crisis mode after a large shipment of Dunder Mifflin paper is accidentally sent out with an obscene watermark - and Michael tries to manage the media with an impromptu press conference. Jim and Andy also attempt to calm the high school principal who has sent out prom invites on the affected stationery.

"We're in a crisis.  Apparently, a disgruntled employee at the paper mill decided that it would be funny to put an obscene watermark on our 24-pound cream letterstock.  Five hundred boxes has gone out with the image of a beloved cartoon duck. . . performing. . . unspeakable acts upon a certain cartoon mouse, that a lot of people like.  I've never been a fan."

All new episodes from here on out. . .
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 30, 2007, 10:53 AM »
There were a ton of funny moments in this last episode.  Jim "mirroring" Dwight, Andy's G/F, "Beer Me", Dwight returning the favor to Jim, Michael's "apology" to the client, "B-a-n-a-n-a-s", Creed getting the woman fired, getting her a card, then tossing it and keeping the money.  Solid episode.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #109 on: May 3, 2007, 05:05 PM »
New episode tonight!

Women's Appreciation

Outrage breaks out in the office after Phyllis gets an unexpected eyeful from a flasher. Michael makes some important personal decisions when he takes the women on a special outing. Meanwhile, Dwight and Andy work on catching the predator.

"A penis, when seen in the right context, is the most wonderful sight (for a woman), but in the wrong context, it is like a monster movie."

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 4, 2007, 10:45 AM »
Another funny episode.  Creed is one of the best.  Kelly makes me laugh, too. 
"It's not me, it's you."
"I'd buy Angela a heart.  I'd buy Kelly a brain."
Funny, funny stuff.    ;D

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #111 on: May 10, 2007, 02:20 AM »
Second-to-last episode of Season Three tonight (and, from what I've gathered, some pretty big things take place, so it's a can't miss)!

BEACH GAMES

Special Time 8:42/7:42c TV14

LIFE'S A BEACH - Michael is being considered for a position in Corporate and has to recommend his replacement. While the group expects a fun outing at Lake Scranton, Michael has planned a day of Survivor-like competitions to find his successor. Meanwhile, Pam is not asked to join in any of the activities and is forced to watch Jim and Karen have fun together.

Michael:  We are not just spending a day at the beach.

Stanley:  Oh, sweet mother of God.

Michael:  If you don't like it, Stanley, you can go to the back of the bus.

Stanley:  Excuse me?

Michael:  Or the front of the bus.  Or drive the bus.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 10, 2007, 10:26 PM »
Is there a place to view the new episodes online?  My DVR cut off during Pam's speech on the beach.  I think that I missed only the last few words that she said, but I missed them.

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 11, 2007, 08:30 AM »
Don't bother checking NBC.com.  The Office is not one of the shows they offer online.  I had the same problem you did.  I also had a problem with the audio dropping out.  I am not sure if I should be mad at Comcast or NBC right now. 

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 11, 2007, 08:38 AM »
Two weeks in a row Creed steals the show.

Andy floating in the lake was pretty good, too.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 11, 2007, 08:43 AM »
Is there a place to view the new episodes online? 

Give TV-Links a try.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #116 on: May 11, 2007, 12:43 PM »

Give TV-Links a try.

Looks like last night's episode isn't up there yet.  Whoops.

I BitTorrent all the Office episodes.  Had last night's episode downloaded just an hour or two after it aired.  That's the way to go.

Two weeks in a row Creed steals the show.

Andy floating in the lake was pretty good, too.

Creed's stuff was good, as was Andy's (as was Toby's, as was Stanley's, as was Dwight's walk on the coals).  But the best part was Pam--that was a really well-written speech she gave at the end.  Should be setting up some pretty interesting things for next week's hour-long season finale.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 11, 2007, 07:55 PM »
I just don't like Stanley too much, but obviously not because he's black.  Seriously.  I just don't like him because he's a negative turd, and a little too much like a bunch of negative turds I've actually worked with.

Crap, does that make me a racist?  No, because the turds I've worked with were all white.

Not that I noticed.

I wish Pam had been a little more romantic in her speech.  Just wanting to be friends and joke around with Jim?  **** that.  Chicks only get that if there's a prospect for  :-* and she should know it.

I was glad to hear her dis Roy a little bit, though.

I also wished that they would have spent a little more time on the Jim reaction shot after the Pam speech.  But that is somewhat of an exception, as I think the Jim reaction shots have been a bit overused this season.

Dwight's on a pedastal, but Creed is rapidly climbing to second favorite character status.

I was also disappointed that Pam told Toby she was going to be in a two-piece, but then it never showed her in a two-piece, which caused me to have unnecessarily opened a certain product.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 07:56 PM by Sprry75 »
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #118 on: May 12, 2007, 12:53 PM »

Give TV-Links a try.

Looks like last night's episode isn't up there yet.  Whoops.

Up now.

I just don't like Stanley too much, but obviously not because he's black.  Seriously.  I just don't like him because he's a negative turd, and a little too much like a bunch of negative turds I've actually worked with.

Crap, does that make me a racist?  No, because the turds I've worked with were all white.

Not that I noticed.

I love Stanley.  Probably because I'm a negative turd.  The scene from last season where he's jumping all over Ryan for hitting on his daughter is one of the funniest things I've ever seen on the show.  He's just got a funny look about him (yes, because he's a negro), and an equally-funny delivery.

I wish Pam had been a little more romantic in her speech.  Just wanting to be friends and joke around with Jim?  **** that.  Chicks only get that if there's a prospect for  :-* and she should know it.

I was glad to hear her dis Roy a little bit, though.

I don't know--I think it was pretty well-done and true to the character.  I mean, she admitted she canceled the wedding, just because of him, and that says quite a bit.

I also wished that they would have spent a little more time on the Jim reaction shot after the Pam speech.  But that is somewhat of an exception, as I think the Jim reaction shots have been a bit overused this season.

Agreed on the latter, disagreed on the former.  I think the after-the-speech reaction shots were just right.

Dwight's on a pedastal, but Creed is rapidly climbing to second favorite character status.

Yeah, he's definitely up there.  Nearly everything Creed does is gold, Jerry, gold.

I was also disappointed that Pam told Toby she was going to be in a two-piece, but then it never showed her in a two-piece, which caused me to have unnecessarily opened a certain product.

Just imagine how disappointed Toby was!  That's been a hilariously-sad little sub-sub-plot this season.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #119 on: May 14, 2007, 11:36 AM »
NBC has announced their plans for the Fall 2007 season:

Peacock's plan for its Thursday night comedy block is coming into focus.

"The Office" is expected to get the 9 p.m. tentpole slot, with "My Name Is Earl" at 8, "30 Rock" at 8:30 and "Scrubs" at 9:30.

NBC will pick up six one hour eps of "The Office" for a total of 30 segs. The net picked up just 18 eps of "Scrubs"; in the weeks that the medical laffer doesn't air, net will air a one-hour episode of "The Office."

I think I might be done with Earl, since The Office isn't directly following it anymore. 

Good to see 30 Rock and The Office back-to-back.  No more sitting through Scrubs. 

-------

Season finale at 8/7 on Thursday.  Rumor has it two different endings were filmed--which one airs is dependent on whether or not Rashida Jones' pilot series gets picked up by Fox. . .