Author Topic: The Office  (Read 65849 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: The Office
« Reply #330 on: January 14, 2011, 02:33 PM »

The gangly guy from Saber, I can't recall his name...

Gabe. 

I can't predict who's going to take over for Michael.  There goes the show anyhow.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 14, 2011, 02:45 PM »
Yeah, if they don't knock it out of the park with the interview episodes it will probably mark the end point of the show.

I'll admit I like a lot of crappy shows and dislike a number of shows that are widely popular, but the BBC Office was excellent in that most fans wished they had made more episodes and not fewer....
I am not the Stig

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 14, 2011, 04:42 PM »
Packer would be hilarious if they'd bring him back on.  He's just as much an f up as Michael and would make the show just as uncomfortable.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #333 on: January 14, 2011, 05:29 PM »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 14, 2011, 07:12 PM »
Packer would be hilarious if they'd bring him back on.  He's just as much an f up as Michael and would make the show just as uncomfortable.

I don't like all of the idiotic sexual stuff that comes along with Packer though.  I'd rather the show just end on top.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #335 on: January 14, 2011, 07:41 PM »
There's a good reason they only put Packer on every once in a blue moon.  A little of him goes a looooonnng way.  Not saying I don't like him, I do, but the show would die a very quick and ugly death with Todd F. Packer in charge of the Scranton branch.

Show's doomed already with no Steve Carell, though.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #336 on: January 14, 2011, 07:59 PM »
More on the remainder of this season

In an upcoming episode, titled "Threat Level Midnight", that will air February 17, 2011, will revolve around the screening of Michael's film where all the office employees portray the characters in the film. The episode will feature Melora Hardin as Jan, and the return of Rashida Jones as Karen, David Denman as Roy and Andy Buckley as David Wallace.

This sounds like it could be really good.

During NBC's TCA press tour, it was confirmed that Steve Carell will depart with four episodes left to go in the season, with the remaining episodes focusing on the search for (and selection of) his replacement as office manager. Executive producer Greg Daniels, who will be writing Carell's farewell, stated the top candidates are Andy, Dwight, and Darryl, or possibly a newcomer. He also stated that whoever becomes the new manager will not become the main focus of the show like Michael was, and that two new regular cast members will join next season.

Out of those three, I'd like to see Darryl take it.

There's also been some speculation that the Timothy Olyphant traveling salesman character they introduced earlier this season could be brought back to be the manager.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 15, 2011, 05:12 PM »
I really, really hate to say it, but it's getting preeeeeeeettttyyy close....

"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 15, 2011, 06:51 PM »
Get with the times!
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 15, 2011, 08:32 PM »
Too funny...I started a long post in this thread last week and then deleted it because it sounded too crankypants.

I HATE what this show has become...it has dropped off steeply from the first couple of seasons. If you go back and watch that first year, and then watch one from this season it is like night and day.

Dwight was much more entertaining as an abused dweeb than as a diabolical, agressive jerk.

Jim used to be the smart one that never got punked. Now he's as stupid as the rest of them.

You hardly get anything with the supporting cast anymore too - where's my Creed jokes?

The Andy/Gabe/Erin thing has drawn on agonizingly slow. And why  is everyone suddenly gay? First Oscar, then Gabe, and now HRG. (The Senator dude from Heroes) And yeah, I know Gabe has not officially been outed but this has been a running gag for some time. (Dressed up as Lady Gaga, the passive aggressive naked man at his gym comment, etc)

I dearly wish they would yank this show as it has been DOA for some time now.

And I think the new Boss has to be Timothy Olyphant, no way that guy comes in to do two random guest episodes out of the blue and then disappears forever.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #340 on: January 19, 2011, 10:05 PM »
Reportedly making an appearance in next week's episode:

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 27, 2011, 02:09 PM »
Sounds like Will Ferrell will be guest starring in an arc of the Office as well, possibly in as many as four episodes (also playing a manager).

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #342 on: January 28, 2011, 05:30 PM »
Reportedly making an appearance in next week's episode:

So outside of the cold open with David Brent, this was probably one of the worst episodes of the entire series.

And with the Will Ferrell stuff (who appreciates that guy anymore, anyway?) I'm gonna go ahead and put this out there:  I'm afraid the show may be in danger of jumping the shark.  Again.  For the eighth time.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 05:57 PM by Matt »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #343 on: February 18, 2011, 02:52 PM »
Anyone doing The Scarn today.  Gotta say, pretty funny last night

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 18, 2011, 03:38 PM »
Not doing the dance, but loved last nights episode.  Last week was pretty freakin' funny too.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.