Author Topic: The Office  (Read 65831 times)

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: The Office
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2007, 10:01 AM »
I was laughing my ass off when Jim demonstrated to Dwight the danger of the 30% of attacks that come from the front ... and smacked him in the face.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2007, 09:27 AM »
Just a quick note - NBC announced yesterday that the Office (as well as Earl and Heroes) have already been picked up for full seasons in 2007-2008.  Good to hear.  Another new episode tonight, followed by the Scrubs musical!

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2007, 12:24 PM »
New episode tonight!

"The Return"

Oscar returns from his long vacation with mixed emotions on whether or not he still wants to be a part of the office. Meanwhile, Andy takes advantage of recent events to get closer to Michael. Jim turns to Karen and Pam for help to stage a prank on a new target.

Note:  This episode was previously titled "Oscar's Return," but now it's just "The Return," for some reason.  Could that mean that Dwight also comes back to Dunder-Mifflin this week?  He is one of the Staples of the show, after all. . .

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2007, 01:44 PM »
  He is one of the Staples of the show, after all. . .

Well played.

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2007, 04:28 PM »
Wouldn't Josh the former manager from Stamford be one of the Staples?
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2007, 12:48 PM »
Another really good episode last night I thought.

"I'm sorry I annoyed you with my friendship" :)

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2007, 07:31 AM »

I would probably bitch about it if I could, but I had to suck balls late so I missed it.  But Mrs. Sprry75 said it was a pretty good episode.

Funny--I didn't think it was all that great, but I was having problems with my TV antenna, and was pissed about that, so that could have been the reason.  Dwigt "consoling" Pam was easily the funniest scene.

Well, obviously Mrs. Sprry75's tastes need to be taken into account, as she married a complete douche.

On another note, after missing the last two episodes, I saw "The Return," and thought it was just dandy.  Not the best episode ever, but certainly a return to form.  Dwight kicks ass, and Michael's frustration with Andy was classic.  And most importantly, relatively subtle.  I about peed my pants when he was hiding behind the door.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2007, 09:25 AM »
On another note, I've been watching this show religiously so I can have an opinion that doesn't suck balls when I post about it here :-* , I saw "The Return," and thought this episode was just dandy.  One of the best episodes ever, and a nice return to form.  Dwight kicks ass, and Michael's frustration with Andy was classic.  All things Dwight ruled.  "For your convenience I've prepared my work resume, my special skills resume, and Dwight Schrute trivia."  Classic.  "I don't want to do your laundry anymore."  And most importantly, relatively subtle.  I about peed my pants when Michael was hiding behind the door.  And Ryan telling Jim he might help prank Andy if he had asked 10 years ago.  And Andy freaking out about his lost phone.  Phyllis blocking her drawer from Andy.  Even Angela had a human moment inviting Oscar to be on the party committee.  We saw some movement on the whole Jim/Pam thing, and it was beautifully tied into Karen not wanting to help with the prank.  All that, and "gaycation" was easily my favorite part of it all.

Where was Toby?  I thought we would see him with Oscar coming back or at least when Andy punched the wall.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2007, 05:35 PM »
If I was just dissed, then AF Wal Mart was out of their $10 Modal Nodes.

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 20, 2007, 09:35 PM »
I should have said thank you for writing half of my post above, Ryan.  Thanks.

If the American Fork Walmart had the Modal Nodes my post wasn't a diss.  But if they were out...

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #70 on: February 1, 2007, 09:54 AM »
New episode tonight!

"Ben Franklin"

Michael celebrates Phyllis' wedding shower by bringing two adult performers into the office, a stripper and Ben Franklin. Meanwhile, Karen confronts Pam about her past history with Jim.

"Yesterday, I was scraping some gunk off my wall sockets with a metal fork, and I gave myself the nastiest shock.  And when I came to, I had an epiphery.  Life is precious.  And if I die, I want my. . .  son?. . .  to know the dealio.  The dealio of life."
« Last Edit: February 1, 2007, 10:11 AM by Matt »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #71 on: February 8, 2007, 09:53 AM »
New episode tonight!

"PHYLLIS' WEDDING"

8:30/7:30c TV14 02.08.2007

HERE COMES THE BRIDE - Phyllis regrets giving Michael an important job at her wedding after several embarrassing moments. Pam has flashbacks of her own wedding planning when she sees Phyllis's decorations. Meanwhile, Dwight is determined to catch wedding crashers.

"No, this is not our first wedding.  This is the third wedding that Scrantonicity has played.  We also played our bassist's wedding, and our guitarist's wedding."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2007, 11:39 PM »
Huge spoiler from an upcoming episode. . .

. . .or something else?

My vote:  Who cares?

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2007, 09:53 AM »
I do!  I want to see that in motion, whatever it's from!!
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2007, 11:15 AM »
I have watched this here and there, usually in snippets....maybe three whole episodes...but have been trying to remember to tivo it so I can keep up.

Finally remembered last week, but I've gotta tell you....the wedding episode....a lot of it wasn't so much funny as just awkward and embarrassing...and a lot of it was just unbelievable.   Is this the loss in quality some of you have been talking about, or is it a fluke?

Still..some parts were gold...the Pavlovian training at the beginning was hilarious.  So was the jealousy over the father's part in the wedding...everything, though, from the point where Michael took horned in with the rest of the wedding party through to the final toasts just seemed like they were trying too hard (excluding Dwight kicking out the senile uncle..that was funny!).
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 11:15 AM by name »
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.