Author Topic: The Office  (Read 65829 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: The Office
« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2007, 12:33 PM »
Yeah, it wasn't the best episode.  Michael was a "tad" over-the-top--and not in a funny way.  Less of Michael, and it would have been better.  Still, I'll take an average, or even mediocre episode of The Office over the best episode of any other comedy currently on TV.

But there were some highlights.  My favorites:

". . .And do you, Phyllis, take Bob Vance, Vance Refrigeration, to be your lawfully-wedded husband?"

-Creed pulling the ol' switcheroo with the wedding gifts

-And this one:

I do!  I want to see that in motion, whatever it's from!!

It's actually from the new Will Ferrell ice skating comedy, Blades of Glory.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 12, 2007, 02:52 PM »

It's actually from the new Will Ferrell ice skating comedy, Blades of Glory.

From the new Will Arnett ice skating comedy. 

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #77 on: February 12, 2007, 03:15 PM »
From the new Will Arnett ice skating comedy.

Yes, Will Arnett is a much-more-bankable box-office-draw than Will Ferrell.  My mistake.

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 12, 2007, 03:25 PM »
It was a joke - I should have added this  ;)

Honestly, I don't know what the draw is to Will Ferrell - I could only stand to watch the first twenty minutes of this stinkfest before I just gave up on it. 

Comedies should make you laugh, not grimace.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #79 on: February 12, 2007, 04:09 PM »
It was a joke

I know.

Signed,

M. William Birchall
Charter Member of The Will Ferrell Appreciation Society
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 02:04 PM by Matt »

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 14, 2007, 07:14 PM »
Huge spoiler from an upcoming episode. . .

. . .or something else?

My vote:  Who cares?

Oh, sweet mother of all that's holy.

I love Pam.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #81 on: February 15, 2007, 09:18 AM »
New episode tonight!

"Business School"

Michael accepts an invitation from Ryan to be a guest speaker at his business school. Meanwhile Dwight battles wits with a bat that gets loose in the office while Pam is entered in her first art show.

(This episode was directed by my favorite director--if not my favorite person ever to walk the face of the earth, Joss Whedon.)

"A boss is like a teacher.  And I am like the cool teacher, like Mr. Handel.  Mr. Handel would hang out with us, and he would tell us awesome jokes, and he actually hooked up with one of the students.  Um, and then like twelve other kids came forward.  It was in all the papers.  Really ruined eighth grade for us."

Oh, sweet mother of all that's holy.

I love Pam.

Then you should check out "Employee of the Month" sometime (the ****** Matt Dillon "Employee of the Month," not the ****** Dane Cook "Employee of the Month").  She plays a foul-mouthed prostitute in it.  Waa-waa-wee-waa. 

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 15, 2007, 09:44 AM »

Then you should check out "Employee of the Month" sometime (the ****** Matt Dillon "Employee of the Month," not the ****** Dane Cook "Employee of the Month"). 

;D
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 09:44 AM by ruiner »

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #83 on: February 22, 2007, 11:02 AM »
New episode tonight!

"Cocktails"

MAKING IT OFFICIAL - Michael and Jan go public with their relationship during a party at their CFO's home. At the party, Jim meets Karen's ex. Meanwhile, the rest of the office decides to go to happy hour for drinks.

"I run a small fake I.D. company from my car with a laminating machine that I swiped from the sheriff's station."

(Side note:  This will be the last new episode for at least the next couple of weeks.)

(Side-side note:  Rashida "Karen" Jones will appear on the Letterman show this evening.)

(Side-side-side note:  Rainn "Dwight" Wilson will be hosting this weekend's episode of SNL.)

(Side-side-side-side note:  Happy fortieth birthday, Paul "Toby" Lieberstein.)

(Side-side-side-side-side note:  No more side notes.)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 05:19 PM by Matt »

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 23, 2007, 09:24 AM »
Annyong.

Well last night's episode was kind of cute - I love Dwight's character, always acting like an expert on everything.

Again, Michael's character was too over the top...no organization in the world would keep somebody like that on the payroll.

How about that ending?  I knew someday we'd see that guy's crazy attitude surface...watch your back Jim.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 23, 2007, 10:58 AM »
I almost pissed my pants when you could see Dwight in the background of the shot testing out the railing on the staircase.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #86 on: February 23, 2007, 02:08 PM »
Annyong.

Annyong.

How about that ending?  I knew someday we'd see that guy's crazy attitude surface...watch your back Jim.

Yeah, "Roy Vs. Jim" has been pretty much a foregone conclusion from the beginning, but it looks like we'll have to wait a little while to see what happens next.  I read elsewhere that there won't be another new episode until April 5.

Good episode, though.  Yeah, Michael was a little over the top, but it wasn't as bad as the wedding episode.  Would have liked to have seen more of the supporting characters, but there was a lot going on with the mains. . .

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 23, 2007, 02:35 PM »
Annyong.

Annyong.

Ann Yong gives me a boner.  Or was that Ann Rynd?
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #88 on: February 23, 2007, 02:52 PM »
Ann Yong gives me a boner.  Or was that Ann Rynd?

Wrong on both counts.  It was Ann Veal.

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 23, 2007, 06:03 PM »
Why is no one watching Arrested Development?
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life