Author Topic: The Office  (Read 66037 times)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: The Office
« Reply #90 on: February 23, 2007, 08:10 PM »

Offline hansolo_506

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 23, 2007, 08:48 PM »
To get us back on track:

Don't curse in your signature.

-c.berry

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 23, 2007, 10:29 PM »
Anyone else notice how unbelievably bow-legged Jan is?  Holy ****.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #93 on: February 23, 2007, 11:33 PM »
Her?

It's as Ann as the nose on Plain's face.

(**** off, (REMOVED)--the thread will go where it naturally goes.)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 10:24 AM by Matt »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 24, 2007, 10:01 AM »
I saw the episode last night around 9:30 after a party, and Kris summed it up for me.  She said, it wasn't very funny.  Still funny, but not as funny as usual.  Loved Creed and the fake id line, liked Jim and the CFO shooting hoops, well - liked a lot of things.  But didn't love it as usual.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Roy.  It had better be funny, because that's why I watch the show.  It can be uncomfortable, but it better be funny.  The ending last night was just uncomfortable.
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 25, 2007, 01:47 AM »
I also forgot to mention, the episode was directed by JJ Abrams (Alias, MI:III, etc.).  That kind of explains the intense action sequence when Roy threw his mug at the mirror in the bar.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 27, 2007, 02:57 AM »
Her?

It's as Ann as the nose on Plain's face.

(**** off, Mike Smithson--the thread will go where it naturally goes.)

I went to grade school with kid named Mike Smithson who was a Star Wars nut.  Mike, did you go to elementary school in Kansas City?
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #97 on: March 15, 2007, 03:35 PM »
Not a new episode, but what NBC is calling a "new-peat" tonight:

In an unusual experiment aimed at improving ratings for reruns, NBC (this) week plans to air two previously seen half-hour episodes of “The Office” that have been re-edited into a new hour-long show. Some scenes will be cut so producers can weave in unaired footage that introduces a new storyline into the older episodes.

Producers of “The Office” say re-editing the episodes is a way to keep the program’s rabid fan base from moving on … “Their loyalty must be rewarded somehow, and we don’t have the budget to send out 10 million muffin baskets,” says Executive Producer Greg Daniels.

The two previous episodes which will be shown tonight as a remixed, hour-long episode are "Traveling Salesmen" and "The Return."

No Office next week, but on March 29, there will be an Office marathon, hosted by Paul "Toby" Lieberstein, featuring the episodes "Diversity Day," "Health Care," "Sexual Harassment," "The Injury," and "Gay Witch Hunt."

The next new episode will be on April 5.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 28, 2007, 08:56 AM »
NBC has posted a new promo for the Office on YouTube.  Its Jim-Pam centric, and mostly past clips - but the ending shows an interesting upcoming bit with Roy and Jim.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 28, 2007, 10:28 AM »
Thanks for posting that.

I'm anxious to see the **** hit the fan between Jim and Roy.  Obviously Roy has crazy (and size) on his side...I hope he gets fired after attacking Jim.  Knowing Michael, he won't.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #100 on: April 5, 2007, 01:12 PM »
After what seems like an eternity, The Office returns with a "super-sized" episode tonight!

THE NEGOTIATION

8:00/7:00c TV14 (Note the earlier start time)

SALARY NEGOTIATIONS DRIVE MICHAEL TO THINK ABOUT HIS OWN PAY - Darryl (Craig Robinson) decides to meet with Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) to negotiate a pay increase. Meanwhile, Jim (John Krasinski) deals with the consequences of Pam's (Jenna Fischer) confession to Roy (David Denman).

To celebrate the new episode, here's a pic of Jenna Fischer that I'm sure you'll all enjoy.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 5, 2007, 01:24 PM »
Finally...

Anyone see the promo that NBC ran set to some cheesedick American Idol type music?  It has some footage from tonight's episode in it. 

(ETA:  Of course you all did.  Brian posted it last week)
« Last Edit: April 5, 2007, 01:27 PM by Mikey D »
Common sense isn't so common

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 5, 2007, 05:18 PM »

Makes ya wonder how much of that is photoshopped.  And how much she was paid....to pose.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #103 on: April 5, 2007, 05:20 PM »
Makes ya wonder how much of that is photoshopped.

Prolly from the neck down  ;D
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #104 on: April 5, 2007, 05:41 PM »
It looks fake to me, too, but according to Wired's blog, it was real:

So of course, WIRED being WIRED, we wanted a cover that was smart and showy. And as Creative Director I wanted something that hadn't been done before. We settled on the idea of printing on clear acetate. But it had to be interactive. Now you’re in a business suit—now you’re not.

Then we wrestled with the question of how to best show the real goings on inside the modern American office. How about using “The Office” as a model? And who would we like to see practicing what we're preaching? Dwight? Ehhh...notsomuch. Of course, Pam. So we called NBC and pitched our idea and
Jenna Fischer (thankfully!) liked the idea.

Michael Elins photographed her in Los Angeles in a dingy little studio. And yes, the whole thing is real; we shot it in two parts, Jenna in her business suit and her birthday suit (really). She was a great sport about the whole thing. Funny and endearing.

And no, I don't have outtakes.