Author Topic: Sideshow 12" Asajj Ventress  (Read 25244 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Sideshow 12" Asajj Ventress
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2006, 01:55 AM »
She looks great, but I think I'm going to pass on this one.  There are a lot of other characters that I'll save my money for.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2006, 07:22 AM »
I'm surprised they haven't released what the exclusive item will be yet.  Order day is coming up quickly.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2006, 08:05 AM »
Any guesses for an exclusive?

Mu guess is the box o' lightsabers that Dooku gave her.

She looks to be another fine addition to the collection.  I'm stoked that we're finally getting another baddie, Vader's getting lonely (sooned to be joined by Maul).
Common sense isn't so common

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2006, 12:00 PM »
I can't believe they picked Asajj after the clearance fiasco that was the Unleashed version from Hasbro...

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2006, 12:25 PM »
I'm surprised they haven't released what the exclusive item will be yet. 

From the latest Sideshow newsletter...

As a heads-up for our Star Wars Newsletter subscribers, we'd like to let you know that we will be posting a gallery of Asajj Ventress images in our Production Blog on Thursday, November 16th, 2006, at around Noon (Pacific Time)! Simply check our Production Blog on Thursday after this time to see the images - and be the first find out what the Sideshow Exclusive accessory will be!

So, we'll find out for sure on Thursday what the exclusive is... unless it's leaked today of course.   ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2006, 03:06 PM »
I can't believe they picked Asajj after the clearance fiasco that was the Unleashed version from Hasbro...

Meh, the Unleashed wasn't a very well done figure, IMO.  This looks pretty nice.  I haven't strayed into this line so I'll do my best to continue resisting.  The image gallery rotating on Sideshow's site looks great.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2006, 03:45 PM »
Yeah, they all look great until you receive them.

I've already quit this line because of the overuse of existing bodies, robes, and accessories.

Instead of tooling a Fett, stormie or Vader - they get greedy and tool a $500 Jabba set. 

2007 is 30th anniversary of the original and we haven't seen any classic OT characters from Sideshow yet. 

Poor product selection IMO - I'd be more than happy with a classic Leia in white robes and 'old' Obi Wan from ANH. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2006, 05:04 PM »
Well, I've never seen a Sideshow 12" figure in person, so I can't say.  I expect they are better than the vast majority of Hasbro stuff, but the later stuff I have from them is acceptable to me and requires no additional outlay of fundage.  I'm happy with my Imperials and the old Ben they did near the end of that line is pretty nice in my opinion.  Especially for $20. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2006, 10:40 AM »
Yeah, they all look great until you receive them.

I've already quit this line because of the overuse of existing bodies, robes, and accessories.

Instead of tooling a Fett, stormie or Vader - they get greedy and tool a $500 Jabba set. 

2007 is 30th anniversary of the original and we haven't seen any classic OT characters from Sideshow yet. 

Poor product selection IMO - I'd be more than happy with a classic Leia in white robes and 'old' Obi Wan from ANH. 

Haven't seen any "classic OT characters"?     Luke Jedi, Han Bespin, Endor Troopers, Jabba, Boussh, Bib, Salacious Crumb (sort of).
That's 8.5 compared to I think 8 Prequel characters.  I think they're mixing them up well, and I suspect we'll see more OT characters next year as well.    I think Lucas is chalking the 30th anniversary as being "of the SW franchise" rather that "A New Hope" specifically.  The Jabba Set IMHO is awesome......  all I need now is a Max Rebo Band and I'll be happy!   And if you don't like it.. or the price... don't buy it.... you don't see ME waiting in line for a PS3  ;D

Oboewan
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2006, 12:17 PM »
So you counted the Endor troper as three?  That's neglible.  As well, Jabba (to me) is a statue - not a $50 figure.

Again, I said that we haven't seen any 'classic' OT characters.  By classic, I mean core characters in their memorable garb.  Luke in Tatooine garb, Han in his smuggler outfit, Old Ben with his jedi robes - figures like that.

And yes, I am voting with my dollars (or should I say, not voting).

« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 12:19 PM by ruiner »

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2006, 02:58 PM »
So you counted the Endor troper as three?  That's neglible.  As well, Jabba (to me) is a statue - not a $50 figure.

Again, I said that we haven't seen any 'classic' OT characters.  By classic, I mean core characters in their memorable garb.  Luke in Tatooine garb, Han in his smuggler outfit, Old Ben with his jedi robes - figures like that.

And yes, I am voting with my dollars (or should I say, not voting).    /displaying?

Eh, I was on the fence about how to categorize the Endor Troopers... probaby should have just counted them as 1... 6.5/8 ratio .... I also didn't count the multiple Anakin's... I only got the Vader version (THAT was a cheapass move on SSC's part for sure!)

Luke, Han, Old Ben (I'd LOVE an old Ben) are still going to be using the same body/mold as all the others.   As for Jabba- exactly what do you plan on doing (figurish) with your Sideshow pieces besides posing/displaying?   I agree he might not have been the best choice of character to go for but I think they did an awesome job.   I've always been partial to the non-SE Cantina/Jabba's scene, so for at this THIS collector, I'm quite happy with the choices.     I don't know if SideShow is shying away from OT Classic figures that have been done decently by Hasblo (how many lukes and Ben Kenobi's do we have?) but it's a possibility.    I DO hope that they will up the OT characters in '07 though....     with Asajj, Maul, and SnowBunny Padme, we're SO due for some OT fixes.   I want to see a Chewie (all other 12" Chewie's are terrible!), Leia in Bespin Gown, Old Ben (but later down the line), Fett (although the Electronic Fett is pretty sweet already), Vader (again, the electronic version w/removable helmet is cool) and the Max Rebo Band to go with my Jabba's throne room.   For one reason or another, I'm hooked on this line... and my poor wallet too!

That's the greatest thing about collecting... everyone has different levels and preferences... I'm even thinking of shelling out $$$$$$$ for the Collectors Fleet Super Star Destroyer I passed up for 16 bucks in Austin in 99.   I'm an addict... is there any help out there?

Oboewan

"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2006, 03:18 PM »
Exclusive = Alternate Comic Book head

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2006, 03:44 PM »
Damn, I really hope I'm back from a morning meeting in time to grab that exclusive.  The other exclusives I didn't much care if I got the exclusive or not, but I would much rather have the comic book head to display.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2006, 04:39 PM »
Very cool indeed. Sideshow continue to impress.  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2006, 06:56 PM »
Yeah, this is a very nice figure.  The exclusive is pretty nifty IMO.  I want to see if they do bring out some classic figures like Ruiner mentioned above before getting this one.  Gotta save mula somewhere.