Author Topic: Clone Wars repaint of ARC-170 3 3/4  (Read 8827 times)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars repaint of ARC-170 3 3/4
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2006, 11:00 AM »
I Am Sith, I think the problem is that you posted the SAME picture twice in your post...  

You say, "I got this from GH" and then just posted the JD photo of the Transformer.

I think if you go back and post the correct GH Titanium picture you were trying to show, that will clear things up between you and Slothus...

Thank you Jeff, for having the wisdom to see my point. Who is HOTF I am Sith? Don't you mean HOTP? His attempt to 'have your back was noble(I agree) but futile because he missed the point as well. Hero Jeff got my point so all is good now.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2006, 11:58 AM »
Who is HOTF I am Sith? Don't you mean HOTP?

Hero Jeff got my point so all is good now.

Yes, all is right with the world, and thank you for pointing out another mistake in posting.  I was indeed refering to HOTP.

Slothus' Newbie Whipping Boy is now signing off...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline JDH1173

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm not just a member, I'm also the owner!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2006, 12:26 PM »
If size is the problem then why is the shuttle out this year?  The X-wing has a huge box from what I hear. ???  Hasbro's logic fails me.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2006, 12:54 PM »
If size is the problem then why is the shuttle out this year?  The X-wing has a huge box from what I hear. ???  Hasbro's logic fails me.

And.. the ARC170 is similar in size to my new ATAT. Though I'm not surprised in the least about Hasbro's way of thinking, since I've been doing this for a long time, I find their logic spot-on! :P

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2006, 01:02 PM »

Size is not the problem for those because they are (or will be in the case of the shuttle) exclusives.

Hasbro has said (as Dan pointed out) that they are trying to stick to the "Starfighter" ($20-25) range for the main-stream releases.

So, if an ARC-170 repaint did happen, it would definitely be a $45-50 exclusive and not a regular release...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2006, 04:40 PM »
It is sad really because ARCs sold better than anything else (vehicle wise) and they would still do.  So would the gunships.  I have several ARCs, mostly b/c I got them at Sam's for the same $ with 3 descent figs and an artoo.  Still I would buy more, just to help good old Hasbro out ::)
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2006, 05:12 PM »
I never ever ever recall having a problem finding an ARC at retail.  The gunship was much more elusive.  TRU often had 10-12 of these ARCs available.  I bought two total - one from Sams (great deal!) and a regular one during the first launch of ROTS toys.  I may unload my extra one.  I didn't love this ship as much as many other people did. 

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2006, 03:38 PM »
Same as you this was the easy to find ship in CA, NJ and IL for a long time. The Gunship was elusive. Give it time Hasbro will rehash it in this paint scheme as an exclusive, prelude to a kiss. I can see the Falcon getting the repaint treatment too someday.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2006, 04:02 PM »
I agree Hasbro will eventually do this though I feel it will be likely in 2007 or later since I would have thought Hasbro would have mentioned it at the CC but ..you never know..

It makes sense though with all the other 'clone wars' paint Arc's turning up that they'll do this too ::).

Offline JDH1173

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm not just a member, I'm also the owner!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 3, 2006, 04:24 PM »
One of the other sites reported the ARC was coming back with pack-in figures and a possible Clone wars Deco but they were not sure if they were talking about the transformer version or not.  The site was the sith clan if anyone speaks French, check it out and let us know.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 3, 2006, 04:33 PM »
Check out GalacticHunter.  They have a "translation."
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 3, 2006, 07:00 PM »
If it is true, I'll pick one up. Maybe 2 if they go on clearance.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 5, 2006, 09:39 AM »
Well, easy money for Hasbro then. I just don't know where I'll put it. :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."