Author Topic: UGP Customiser Challenge #1 : Proto Rebels  (Read 5676 times)

Offline patreektherodian

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: UGP Customiser Challenge #1 : Proto Rebels
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2006, 10:29 PM »
Yo Dudes Keep an open mind!  Im am no way insulted or worked up about it , in fact I'm not even doing figs.  Just think,  just because Hoth is  a snow environment does not mean the clothing can't be used with a good paint job. Think of movies like The Postman,  Road warrior, or think of Rebels here on earth like the  Afghan Moujahadine (all wasteland environments) . The hats or jackets could look cool with the right paint job.  That's all. Just remmember that customising is about mixing things up.

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2006, 05:15 PM »
touché!   8)

and whilst thou hast proclaimed that thou art worked but up not in the least, i feel it imperitive to mention that no offence or closed-mindedness was intended.

mayhap i was being too literal-minded... part is, after all, parts...

i blame the complete lack of sleep, 12 hour days @ work, & a recent overdose  of shakespeare   :D
« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 05:27 PM by PenDragon »

Offline patreektherodian

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2006, 10:08 PM »
huh huh. huh That wuz cool Beavis.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2006, 04:43 AM »
I started on my rebel the other night. I've had a case of customizer's block lately so it is going to be fairly simple. But it is turning out alright so far. :)
"This is the way."

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2006, 09:48 AM »
Gah, I might get something done, I have no articulated Fodder at all, except a few which I just got and I don't want to tear em up yet, since I have a tendency to use the figures everytime I get them, and not let them be used later for different combonations.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 1, 2006, 02:19 AM »
If this stays open for another week I *might* be able to whip something together.

:P

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #21 on: November 1, 2006, 02:53 AM »
Mine is about 95% done. All I really have to do paint one or two little things and seal it up.
"This is the way."

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 5, 2006, 07:45 PM »
Don't worry Ryan, Im a little behind on mine too. I've got a few final touches to do but for the most part, Im happy with what Ive done. I should have him posted in the next couple of days.

Hows everyone else doing?

Offline CloneCommander1

• Jedi Initiate
  • Oh no you did-nt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 5, 2006, 10:06 PM »
I STILL CAN'T FIND ANY ENDOR/MENACE!  Once I do though, I'll try and throw together a Proto-Rebel.
It's not just football, it's Notre Dame football!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2006, 01:42 AM »
Here's my shot at one.  I'm also going to use him as a different charactr in the Rykrof Enloe series too.

:P

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2006, 04:41 PM »
Looking good CHEWIE. I'm not really a fan of the pliot helmet though. It seems out of place on a ground fighter. Without it he looks real good. Like you everyday average Joe, only with a bandolier of greandes on his chest. I think I'd keep him without the helmet.

Almost two weeks later now and mine is still 99% done. I've had an insane amount of papers due lately so i haven't been able to get to it when I would otherwise have had time. I'm done now until after Thanksgiving, so I'll see what I can do about finishing up tonight.
"This is the way."

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2006, 07:37 PM »
I would have had this up sooner, but I have been having some MAJOR issues uploading things into my Photobucket account. Has anyone else had any problems like this?

Anyway here is my entry for this now 2 month challenge.

His name is simply The Sarge.

Once a Sec Force commander The Sarge became dissillusioned with the Empire's unfair treatment of " lesser species" and promptly deserted. After liberating (finding) a large cache of Clone War wra weapons and armor (discarded) he decided to wage a one man war against the Empire on Juude Lullos. He completed dozens of very successful hit and run raids against both Impirial soldiers, equipment, and even succeeded in destroying one very large  munitions factory. Always staying one step ahead of both the Empire and his former Sec Force comrades he was never caught.  The white beret he wore became synonymous with the fight for freedom on the planet.

His fate as of the battle of Yavin is to date unknown.

There is still something a little off to me about the figure though I cant quite place it.Im not quite satasfied with it. If any of you have any suggestions, i am all ears. Let me know what you think.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2006, 05:09 PM »
Pretty cool Ennis, though I do think he looks really out of GI JOE for some reason... I think it's the bare arms and the green beret type hat.  Still though a nice custom.

I'm looking forward to this coming out, it could be a really good figure for Proto-Rebels without many (or any) changes... provided the Hasbro "delay" doesn't impede them hitting stores before the time of the UGP -

;)