Author Topic: Target Exclusive Order 66 2-Packs  (Read 74869 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: Order 66 2-packs
« Reply #105 on: January 24, 2007, 06:32 AM »
I notice that the main page says that these 2 packs feature "both repaints and resculpts."  

In the SW.com story, it says:

"The Order 66 series, which includes new repaints and some re-sculpts"

These are only three of the six packs... since we don't know what's in the other three for sure, maybe they have resculpts in them?  Or, maybe it's Hasbro BS?  Guess we don't know for sure yet...

Actually it says "repaints" and "new sculpts". I guess they're counting the Galactic Marine as a new sculpt as it has yet to be released and the Airborne Trooper as a "new" sculpt 'cuz it has only be available as of recently in the Windu BP and as the soon-to-be-released basic figure.

****, who can understand they're terminology/designations sometimes anyway, Mace was dead before Order 66 was issued anyway, but that's picking nits.  :P
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 06:34 AM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 24, 2007, 07:30 AM »
13$?? Was that the rate? Eh, may have to pass-certainly am considering it anyway.

Like most I like 50% of the pack..so I'll pay 13 for it??!! Ugh. Well, IMO they're 50% better than the tins and at least I'll only get one figure I don't want instead of 3(which kept me from buying those). Will have to make an on-spot decision when the time comes...man, I hate doing those.

DS

I have to agree with this- it boils down to another 13.00 + clone at target. I like the clones, but not that much.

I passed on the tins as well, even though I would have liked a few of the figures and a couple of tins. I did get the cantina band, because they were an upgrade over the last set.

Some of the battle packs provide both troops and value, these give you one troop and pick your pocket at the same time. I hope I find a few on clearance, because that is the only way these soldiers make it into my grand army.  :-\

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 24, 2007, 08:04 AM »
From, The Rebelscum Forums

The other three,

Regular Clone painted in Camo for Kaskyyyk Trooper
Clone Commander painted as Shock Trooper Commander
Clone Commander painted as Commander Bow (the one with the black skirt)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 08:06 AM by Rune Haako »

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 24, 2007, 08:50 AM »
Well honestly no matter what they would have done with these 2 packs there would be bitching.  If they repacked 2 movie figures like evolutions Anakin and 501 st trooper, Pilot Kenobi and Utapau Trooper, Mace and white clonetrooper with grey shouldder then the cry would have been "They are charging us $13 for figures we already have.  Die Hasbro Die!!!"  You know?     At least with this it's something different for the die-hard clonetroopers entusiasts out there.  If you are buying Mace and his purple squad or that SWExclusive grey SA clonetrooper then these should not be that far of a stretch to accept.  At least they are not single carding these "new" clonetroopers like they are in the Final 22 wave.  To be honest I like those non-movie clonetroopers to.  I do not want 5-10 of them but they are nice repaints IMO.  I'd rather have Yarna, Hermi Odle, ICMG, or some others of course but clonetroopers sell a heckuva lot better. 

Do not get me wrong here.  I probably will not buy the 2 packs because I want some other things instead.    Although I may go for the Yoda/Kashyyyk Trooper.  Especially if I can't find the single carded Kashyyyk Trooper which of couse I can not locate yet.  But this is not really that bad of an idea considering what else these could of been...like Choppers (cringe at the thought).  This just does not surprise me that much when I think about it.  At least these troopers could be imagined just off screen instead of that hideous SWExclusive version.  Yikes!

Besides, what did everyone expect with these things really?  I would have liked Neyo and his clonetrooper buddy but I like their exclusive idea better with the 2 bikes (except for the fact that is an exclusive). 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 24, 2007, 09:37 AM »
I'm kind of on the fence with these as well.  I like some of the clones that are offered, but like others, don't need the Jedi again.  Plus, after seeing the Vintage figures for the 30 AC, I know I'm going to need to free up some spare cash for extras of some of those.  We'll see with these 2 packs though, they do look nice packaged up and everything though.  I know its repacks either way, but it would have been nice to see figures like the 30 AC Mace, Pilot Obi, and Evolutions Anakin in packs like this.  I don't think we'd be complaining as much that way.  Like I said, I haven't decided how many (if any) of these I'll be picking up.  I guess timing will play a part as well, but I might have to skip these as well - at least the majority of them.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 24, 2007, 09:52 AM »
Well honestly no matter what they would have done with these 2 packs there would be bitching.  If they repacked 2 movie figures like evolutions Anakin and 501 st trooper, Pilot Kenobi and Utapau Trooper, Mace and white clonetrooper with grey shouldder then the cry would have been "They are charging us $13 for figures we already have.  Die Hasbro Die!!!"  You know?     

I don't think that's the case at all.  Take a look at this potential compared to what they're dumping on us:

Obi Wan/Utapau clone trooper

SA pilot Obi Wan vs. the slashing one.
Evolutions 327th star corps trooper w/ removable helmet in Utapau paint scheme sans the kama vs. the nonsense EU AT RT driver.

Anakin/501st:

Evolutions EIII Anakin vs. the crappy EIII basic version
Evolutions 327th star corps trooper w/ removable helmet in 501st paint scheme sans the kama vs. the nonsense EU scheme airborne trooper.

Mace/Galactic Marine:

Should have been abolished altogether, makes no sense.

But they could have used the upcoming 30 AC SA Mace instead of that stunted abomination they gave us on the EIII basic card, and maybe the movie paint scheme Galactic Marine.

I give praise where praise is due, look at my posts.  But these sets really suck.  If they used something along the line of what I dreamt up above, I'd have bought multiple of each, like 2-5 of each depending on the pack.

Instead, I'm buying none of it.  And I'm as diehard of an army builder as army builders come.  I've got 50-100 of most of the well thought out, nicely sculpted, nicely articulated, movie trooper figures like the VOTC stormie, VTSC scout, wookie warrior preview etc.

Jesse can tell me to put it up my ass, and that's fine, that's his issue.  But I'm going to say this anyway:  If you buy this garbage, you'll buy anything with a Star Wars logo on the package, because these are low effort, nonsensical items with poorly selected sculpts.

:D

« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 09:55 AM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 24, 2007, 09:57 AM »
These make me want to quit being a completist. Horrible jedi re-packs and blatant "they'll buy them because they're clones" re-paints.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 24, 2007, 10:37 AM »
While I agree with the assessment that the Jedi they've chosen for these are far from desirable, and the combinations that they have come up with border on nonsensical, I'll still end up getting a few of these.  I personally like the clone re-paints.  Yes, they could have done better on the choices of base clone figures to use, but at least we aren't getting 'Quick Draws' or 'AT-TE Gunners' repainted.  I'm not crazy about the choice of packaging, but I'll live with that too.  In the end, I prefer to have releases like these than more SW Transformers, another round of Choppers, or re-hashed Unleashed figures.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 24, 2007, 10:38 AM »
I like the clone repaints, because they are more unique sculpts than just # 41 over again. But they could have done these like the comic book 2 packs, 2 figures and a story for 9.99. That would make it easier to stomach IMO.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #114 on: January 24, 2007, 10:46 AM »

Actually it says "repaints" and "new sculpts".

Hey, are you doubting my reading comprehension skills?   >:(

Line 1 of Paragraph 1 says:

"The Order 66 series, which includes new repaints and some re-sculpts, is scheduled to appear at Target soon, just as the new 30th Anniversary basic figures are making their way to store shelves."

Don't be all high and mighty telling me I'm wrong... dang west-siders.   ::)

;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 24, 2007, 10:48 AM »
They look pretty cool to have, I hope that they aren't exclusives.

I dunno man, I'm starting to think that those "Only At Target" labels on the package might be a pretty ominous indicator that only Target will be selling them.

This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #116 on: January 24, 2007, 10:49 AM »

Actually it says "repaints" and "new sculpts".

Hey, are you doubting my reading comprehension skills?   >:(

Line 1 of Paragraph 1 says:

"The Order 66 series, which includes new repaints and some re-sculpts, is scheduled to appear at Target soon, just as the new 30th Anniversary basic figures are making their way to store shelves."

Don't be all high and mighty telling me I'm wrong... dang west-siders.   ::)

;)

My bad  ;)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: Target Exclusive Order 66 2-Packs
« Reply #117 on: January 24, 2007, 12:06 PM »
It would have been nice to give us the SA Mace, SA Obi Wan instead of the "craptaculiar" action ones. Hasbro gets a pass on this one from me for all the goodness they are delivering with the basic line. I will buy one of each. It would be nice to know who else is in the assortment.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: Target Exclusive Order 66 2-Packs
« Reply #118 on: January 24, 2007, 01:27 PM »
  But I'm going to say this anyway:  If you buy this garbage, you'll buy anything with a Star Wars logo on the package, because these are low effort, nonsensical items with poorly selected sculpts.

:D

It's marketing, that's all.  Give the collectors nice packaging, a 'new' (and I use the term loosely) clone and watch them sell.

They do it all the time - and will continue to do it until it stops working.

Why include two nice figures when you'll sell through with just one?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #119 on: January 24, 2007, 02:29 PM »
If you buy this garbage, you'll buy anything with a Star Wars logo on the package, because these are low effort, nonsensical items with poorly selected sculpts.

I think you forgot to get "overpriced" in there too... you know, really hit home how these cost $13 for two repack/repaints while you can get two new sculpts for $10 in the Comic Pack line.  :P

Despite the helpful advice of everyone in the thread warning me that these are "low effort, nonsensical items with poorly selected sculpts" or "horrible jedi re-packs and blatant 'they'll buy them because they're clones' re-paints",  I'm still planning on buying one of each set.  You guys can buy what you like (or in this case, skip what you hate) and I'll buy what I like. 

I mean, the worst thing that happens if I buy these sets is that Hasbro and Target make money and that inspires them to continue making new exclusives which you can continue to hate and not buy.  The earth isn't going to stop revolving because I'm spending $83 to buy 6 two-packs of little plastic men.... is it?  :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender