Author Topic: Target Exclusive Order 66 2-Packs  (Read 75137 times)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
Re: Target Exclusive Order 66 2-Packs
« Reply #135 on: January 26, 2007, 06:11 PM »
Hmm...I'm actually kind of disappointed with these sets, but not for the Clones.  I would have definitely bought one of each had the various Jedi been the superior, SA versions, but now I'm more than likely going to pass on all three shown so far.  The Clones in the latter three sets (the ones we haven't seen the Jedi figures from as yet) don't really impress me either, so this might be the first time I pass completely on a Clone-related item.  :-\

I think the only thing that could get me to pay full price for one of these now is if the Palpatine included with the Shock Trooper was a new, SA Senate Duel version.  Then again, that's about as likely as an SA Rancor Keeper at this point, since they have to milk the ROTS Palpatine mold at least once this year. 

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 26, 2007, 07:53 PM »
since they have to milk the ROTS Palpatine mold at least once this year. 

Only to finally introduce the SA red-robed soft goods Palps briefly at $10+, then inexplicably revert back to the EIII basic version several more times.  (see Lucas stormtrooper for prime example)
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 26, 2007, 09:49 PM »
As much as I like clone troopers and stuff, I'm going to pass on these. I want the shock commander, Bow, and the 501st Airborne Trooper, but not for $13 each. I had already ruled out getting the set with Mace (I HATE purple clones), so I thought it's pointless to only get 5 of the six sets, so I'm going to pass on them. I hate these ideas that the people at Hasbro pull out of their asses. 

Offline tonphanan

• Jedi Initiate
  • " Has anyone seen my wits?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 29, 2007, 12:12 PM »
I hate these ideas that the people at Hasbro pull out of their asses. 

The following event take place from 9:00am-9:02 am

Hasbro headquarters

Gentlemen profits are down and we are running out of ideas, we need results and we need them now.

-How about repainting clones that were never seen in a movie or comic or book packing them with a good guy that we are just sitting on since our distibution sucks

*boardroom laughs*

-Sell them as a 2pack for Target who also sucks for distribution then buy 1,000 shares of a local gas company so we can reap from the fuel cost suckers will spend running around trying to find them all.

*Clapping*

-And of course we need at least one short pack.

*Of course*

I Tonphanan pledge not to but this figures until they are final mark down for clearence.
Throw an Ewok at him

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 29, 2007, 02:55 PM »
I Tonphanan pledge not to but this figures

That's pretty funny but what are you saying in the last statement? Pledging to not but this figures? :-\

DS

Offline tonphanan

• Jedi Initiate
  • " Has anyone seen my wits?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 29, 2007, 09:20 PM »
should have said Buy. I pledge not to buy any of these figures until they go clearence. Habro has enough of my money, I'm not paying full price for repaints anymore that's why i am passing on most of the final 22. I am a completionist of single carded figures and for me to pass up figures is a bold move that many more will need to do to let Hasbro know that clones are nice but we need new material.
Throw an Ewok at him

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 29, 2007, 09:33 PM »
i guess this new series is OK, if you don't have the crappy Jedi figures that go with the clones. If this set wasn't a target exclusive i would have most likely bought all but the mace set, considering i don't have that Obi or Ani figures. But o well not like these clones had any screen time anyways. ::)
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 30, 2007, 09:38 AM »
They way I see it, I'm paying $13 for one figure that wasn't even in the movie. Not cool at all.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #143 on: February 5, 2007, 10:56 AM »
They way I see it, I'm paying $13 for one figure that wasn't even in the movie.

I heard/read a few things out there in internet land, so I thought I'd check for myself...

I was at Target yesterday and punched the Order 66 DPCI# (087-06-0884) into the scanner.  The rumors are true - the Order 66 sets are now showing a $9.99 each price (at least here in MN).

$10 for these sets is much more reasonable than $13, especially compared to the comic packs line.  In fact, at $10 each, I am even willing to buy extras for army building (the 501st Airborne, Utapau AT-RT, and maybe even the Kashyyyk Clone).  I'll just sell the Jedi figures for $3 (to the neighborhood kids or customizers or whoever) and then the clones are really only $7 each, same as the rest of the basic figures.   ;)

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 5, 2007, 11:26 AM »
That price makes it much more reasonable to get all 6 of these, but I have to admit that I was getting them regardless of price.  Now I'll be able to afford a few more $6.99 basic figures  ::)
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #145 on: February 5, 2007, 01:44 PM »
That makes it a lot easier to swallow.  I'll definitely grab me an Utapau AT RT Driver then.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #146 on: February 5, 2007, 11:22 PM »
Definitely a more palatable price for some clone repaints there Jeff.  I may even nab doubles on these at $10 each...  I doubt I got ape looking for triples...  doubles I can swing though.  I'm going to, I think, give the Jedi away to kiddies...  Maybe keep cloth robes though, but I know I can at least give the Jedi away if need be to kids who'd appreciate them.  If they were 2-packs of just clones I'd go nuts buying them.

$10 is pretty decent for two figures so that's good news.  I'll scan the DPCI at my Target too, to see what the price shows, but I think that was the price it showed for someone else near me.  Some bright spots to the story!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 6, 2007, 09:43 AM »
Yeah, thanks Jeff. $10 is much more reasonable.

I wonder what the quantities on these are going to be compared to the $13 single figure exclusives?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 6, 2007, 08:27 PM »
That'll be an $18 + tax savings for me if I decide to get them all.  Any savings on SW stuff is welcomed by me.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 7, 2007, 06:00 AM »
The $9.99 makes it more reasonable, but it is still buy one, get stuck with one for 99% of us. This makes it likely I will get a couple of these if they look good in person, but with all of the 30th AC out there at the time it may be hard to find the cash.