Author Topic: Target Exclusive Order 66 2-Packs  (Read 74860 times)

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Target Exclusive Order 66 2-Packs
« Reply #150 on: February 11, 2007, 05:29 PM »
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 09:30 PM by Jeff »

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 11, 2007, 07:24 PM »
So, I'll be the first one to say this:  where are those supposed "new molds" that Hasbro said were being used in these sets?  I don't count a single new mold amongst the 12 figures, and I actually count five downright awful molds that should be retired completely (Mace, Kenobi, Anakin, Yoda, and Palpatine).  See you in the clearance aisle, Order 66!   ::)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #152 on: February 11, 2007, 09:16 PM »
Does Palpatine has some sort of cloth cape there?  Anyway, I really am "cloned out" and have little interest in these.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 11, 2007, 09:31 PM »
It would appear that way, good eye!

Nonetheless, these sets remain a rather large pass for me.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 11, 2007, 10:00 PM »
The Clones are cool, but I am NOT paying $12 for those Sith/Jedi. Pass, unless I see them in Clearance for cheap.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 11, 2007, 10:17 PM »
So, I'll be the first one to say this:  where are those supposed "new molds" that Hasbro said were being used in these sets? 

Well, you're the second one to say it at least  ;)

I notice that the main page says that these 2 packs feature "both repaints and resculpts."  I'm just wondering what precisely was resculpted here?
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 11, 2007, 10:39 PM »
So, I'll be the first one to say this:  where are those supposed "new molds" that Hasbro said were being used in these sets?  I don't count a single new mold amongst the 12 figures, and I actually count five downright awful molds that should be retired completely (Mace, Kenobi, Anakin, Yoda, and Palpatine).  See you in the clearance aisle, Order 66!   ::)

Sums up this line perfectly.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 11, 2007, 10:45 PM »
Technically speaking, the only figure among the 12 that was involved in Order 66 is the Anakin because he led the march on the Temple.

The other 11 figures either had nothing to do with Order 66, were dead when it happened, weren't incarnated when it happened, or are the wrong paint scheme or EU altogether.  Eh, I guess Obi Wan counts as a 2nd figure out of the 12 that was involved, he may have received the first shot fired as a result of Order 66.

Hard to believe Hasbro created something as cool as the Neyo 2 pack among what is largely a pile of crap comprising this Order 66 sub-line.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 10:46 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #158 on: February 11, 2007, 11:19 PM »
It looks the Evo Vader in that pack with Bow - which for $10, wouldn't be too bad a deal.  The robe with the Palpy allows you to recreate the brief moment where he pulls his outer Sith robe over the burgundy get-up and gives Anakin his marching orders, which is also cool... but I don't know.  I'm not sold at all on these yet.  The Yoda fig they chose is awful. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #159 on: February 12, 2007, 03:46 AM »
Sets like these make one really wonder how much Hasbro works with the retailer...  Target has a clone hard-on it seems...  They get the clone battlepacks, the individual figures...  It seems maybe Target's just requesting ANYTHING clone that they think will sell.  Hasbro throws these ideas at the Target wall and they stick I'm guessing.

I'm still not disgusted with these sets...  $10 eased the pain of the original price some, so I'm at least interested in them some at that price...  It'll be interesting if these wind up on clearance or not.  I guess it'll just depend how many get made really.  The price for two figures though does help the appeal of these at retail despite our thoughts on what 50% of the pack actually is...  They may still move just by looking like a "good buy" to casual buyers browsing the aisle.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 12, 2007, 09:53 AM »
The first three Order 66 sets did not peak my interest at all.  Of these three new sets, only the Palpatine/Cmdr Thire and Vader/Bow peak my interest.  Palpy for a posssible variation of his black cloak on the red outfit and Vader/Bow for Commander Bow.  Of course, if Appo had lived, there would be no need for Bow.  :P
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 12, 2007, 12:25 PM »
I'm still not disgusted with these sets...  $10 eased the pain of the original price some, so I'm at least interested in them some at that price...  It'll be interesting if these wind up on clearance or not.  I guess it'll just depend how many get made really.  The price for two figures though does help the appeal of these at retail despite our thoughts on what 50% of the pack actually is...  They may still move just by looking like a "good buy" to casual buyers browsing the aisle.

$3 less than a single, specially carded Target clone for these two-packs?  I'm not convinced they'll reach clearance.  I'm torn on them and not all that keen, especially since I have to beg for help to get them.  But I do think they'll still sell, especially to the MOMC crowd where the packaging counts for a fair bit.  They look pretty and stackable, that's gotta count with some.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darth Bonk

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 12, 2007, 01:23 PM »
See you in the clearance aisle, Order 66!   ::)

Yup --- absolutely!  Garbage.  I hate that legless-solid-plastic Palpatine mold.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 12, 2007, 02:34 PM »
I'm with Morgbug on these.  Anytime retail can offer figure packs where the price per figure comes out to $5 or less, they tend to sell well.  If they don't sell to collectors, I'm pretty sure Moms and junior will get a kick out of them.  One hero and a clone for $10?  That's a pretty nice 'reward' gift.  Or birthday gift.

The comic two packs (seriously, why?) and Battle Packs are doing very well here and I can only assume they're doing as well in other places of the country.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 02:35 PM by ruiner »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #164 on: February 12, 2007, 03:46 PM »
The packaging thing I forgot to even consider...  It's eye-catching for sure.  I am with Brent that they have a lot going for them NOT to hit clearance right now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77