Author Topic: Target Exclusive Order 66 2-Packs  (Read 75303 times)

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Target Exclusive Order 66 2-Packs
« Reply #240 on: April 11, 2007, 07:33 PM »
   I picked up the Vader and Bow set along with the Emperor and Thire set this evening. I could have bought four or five of each set if I had wanted to. I decided to stick with just Thire and Bow because I do not really like the Hasbro-invented paint jobs; with the purple clones being the worst paint scheme. I have only opened the set with Bow so far, and I am very happy with it. Two super articulated and well detailed figures for ten bucks is a steal. 

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #241 on: April 12, 2007, 01:06 AM »
Well, I broke down and decided to go for these, except for the Yoda one since the Kashyyyk trooper looks like pure shite in a can. I mean, he's the camo equivalent of the Covert Ops trooper.

Believe it or not, I don't have any of the original releases of the "hero" figures in these sets (Palp, Mace, etc.), so two "new" figures for $10 is a steal. Even if some of the figures do suck. And while I'm not normally one to be impressed by packaging, I must say that the tube things are really well done.

So far I have just the Palpy and Shockie set.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 01:22 AM by Nathan »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 12, 2007, 10:18 AM »

And I still need the set that has Anakin & the blue Airborne Trooper in it. :(  I need two and can't even find one. 

Why is this one so popular? I think the Thire and Bow look so much better.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 12, 2007, 10:21 AM »

And I still need the set that has Anakin & the blue Airborne Trooper in it. :(  I need two and can't even find one. 

Why is this one so popular? I think the Thire and Bow look so much better.

Not only that, Bow and Thire are the only 2 of the 6 that you can strip down within a couple minutes and actually make movie clones out of them.

The other 4 are completely worthless to me.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 13, 2007, 01:47 PM »
Okay, I came across a slew of these at Target today, here's my thoughts on each one:

Yoda/Kashyyyk  - Passed.  This should have been a better rendition of Yoda, since they have it, and a Kashyyyk trooper like we saw in the movie.  I am not paying money for this under any circumstance.

Thire/Palpatine - Bought 3.  Half good.  The Palpatine figure sucks because it's a salt shaker.  The Thire is great.  I love the Evolutions sculpt, and I love that you can take the kama off and paint the belt red to make it a removable helmet shocktrooper.

Obi Wan/AT-RT driver - Passed.  The AT-RT driver makes no sense and should have been an Airborne Trooper in Utapau scheme or a clone 41 in Utapau scheme.  And the Obi Wan was a horrible rendition, and should have been either the Saga2 pilot or the new 30 AC version.  Both figures are pointless.  They have better Obi Wans, why use the old sculpt?  Stupid.  "Yeah we have a bunch of better version but here, take this ****** one."  Not paying money for it.

Vader/Bow - Bought 2.  Love the Evolutions Vader, what a bargain at this price.  Best Vader figure ever, perfectly scaled in height, he's taller than other characters like he's supposed to be!  Outstanding.  And Bow is cool.  He's non-movie, but you can remove the kama and binocs and you have a nice 501st grunt.  This probably makes this the best of the 6 offerings.

Mace/Galactic Marine - Passed.  The Mace is an abomination.  1" too short, horrendous sculpt, poor likeness.  There is not one saving grace about this figure.  Should have been the new 30 AC sculpt.  I love the Galactic Marine, but not in this paint scheme.  I do have 20 of the movie paint scheme already, and probably will buy more even.  But I had to pass on this because of Mace.  It killed this set.

Anakin/501st Airborne -Bought 1.  Admittedly, I changed my mind on this one when I saw it in person.  I'm normally not a fan of EU, non-movie clones.  At least I'm pretty sure this guy wasn't in the movie.  But the 501st Airborne looked cool enough that I can justify getting at least 1.  I'm going to have him serve as an ARC-like advisor to Anakin for the temple raid.  I am kinda fighting back the urge to get back in my car and go get a couple more of this, and the only thing holding me back is the fact that the Anakin that comes with it is horrendous, and should have been an Evolutions sculpt.

Let me ask this question, if they can give us the Vader Evolutions, and the Thire Evolutions, why then did we not get the Anakin EIII Evolutions instead of that saltshaker piece of crap they gave us in this set?  I can't figure this out.  And that's why I had to pass on more Airborne/Anakin sets, because Anakin is worth $0 to me and I feel like I'm paying $10 for the Airborne clone.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 14, 2007, 10:17 AM »
Kudos to you Dressel, I admire being able to resist being sucked into Hasbro's "way to make a cheep buck" sets. I didn't even give the Jedi pack-ins a second thought. To me, they were unimportant accessories.  :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #246 on: April 14, 2007, 04:18 PM »
That's a generally good point about not getting Evo figures in place of Palpatine/Anakin and such...  I'd have dug it if Yoda came with a softgoods prequal cloak too.  Would've improved him overall to me since they haven't really done that yet.

I still like the sets in general, for the price.  And I've still yet to find Anakin w/501st-blue Airborne Trooper for me or my gf's kid...  That sucks. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 14, 2007, 09:44 PM »
I picked up the Mace/Marine and Anakin/Airborne sets today. While I initally have been able to resist the temptation to buy them I finally caved. Those will be my only ones.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 19, 2007, 12:09 PM »
While stopping by Target yesterday, I noticed that they had re-stocked the Order 66 packs.  I didn't look closely, but I think they had all of them.  They sold out in about three days here last time, so we'll see how they last this time around.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #249 on: April 19, 2007, 07:46 PM »
I got the Ani/Airborne packs I needed from JACKOFTRADEZ yesterday so  I'm now set on these and my gf's kid got the one he wanted the most.  Yay!  No more Target trips for these...  for now.

I saved most of the others in the package incase there's a clearance of the Order 66 sets.  I may nab extras of the RT Driver or Marine if they're left and a clearance comes about.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 22, 2007, 06:47 PM »
Found a huge gob of these at Target earlier today... Picked up the Mace Windu/Galactic Marine one. Wish they had put in the new 30AC Mace in place of the ROTS/TSC one, but the included Mace is actually fairly decent. Has one of the better Mace headsculpt headsculpts in recent years.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 22, 2007, 07:03 PM »
Hopefully I'll find an extra TSC Appo around the time I find Bow to do a head swap. Bow didn't have the thing on his head in the comics.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #252 on: April 23, 2007, 01:10 AM »
but the included Mace is actually fairly decent

:o

My Target's have restocked these pretty ehavily so all sets are available now...  I may actually nab extras of some, depending on availability and possible price cuts.  I'd like another 501st Airborne, a few AT-RT Drivers wouldn't bug me either, and the Marine is really actually just a nice repaint.  Makes for a nice little side Marine Legion.

The others though are really neither here nor there to me...  I'm thinking if I have luck getting any extras for a sale price though, it'll be the AT-RT Driver.  He was the only one shelf warming during the first shipment of these.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 23, 2007, 09:01 AM »
I have not even seen any of these packs yet.  Kind of odd.  I have not been "searching" for them but it's not like I have not been to a few Targets this month either.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 23, 2007, 09:29 AM »
Hopefully I'll find an extra TSC Appo around the time I find Bow to do a head swap. Bow didn't have the thing on his head in the comics.

Or, you can cut the little visor holder pegs off.