Author Topic: Target Exclusive Order 66 2-Packs  (Read 74872 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Target Exclusive Order 66 2-Packs
« Reply #285 on: May 20, 2007, 10:26 PM »
I'll bet a rainbow colored clone that we see these 6 clones on individual cards at some point down the road.

Offline Blackwolf13

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
    • Omaha Fan Force
« Reply #286 on: May 20, 2007, 11:27 PM »
JediJman- Would you be willing to ship them (postage provided of course)?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 21, 2007, 09:12 AM »
I ended up picking up the Anakin/Airborne trooper pack this weekend, and we had quite a few of them on the shelves at our local store as well.  They basically just dumped them all on the shelf below the basic figure pegs.  Its funny, when they were at the front of the store, they sold out and were gone for a week or so, then all of a sudden there was a huge pile of them in the action figure aisle.  If they hit the $5 mark here, I might pick up some more, but we'll see.  The funny thing is, the only one I didn't see a single pack of was the Yoda/Camo Clone one, which also sold out first when they were at the front of the store here.  That wouldn't have been the one I would have guessed to sell well.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 21, 2007, 03:59 PM »
I think the Yoda makes it a more likely candidate for the kiddies- that and Darth. The other 4 sets all have a middle aged to elderly gentleman in the mix, lowering the kid appeal.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 21, 2007, 04:02 PM »
A Target near me was unpacking these directly from the box, placing $6.98 stickers on them, and putting them on a clearance shelf.

This Target never had the front endcap of them like some other Targets.

This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 21, 2007, 04:28 PM »
A Target near me was unpacking these directly from the box, placing $6.98 stickers on them, and putting them on a clearance shelf.

This Target never had the front endcap of them like some other Targets.

I think this happened a lot.  I know of at least two stores where I never saw these on the front lanes.  I assumed they came and sold out too quickly, but now I think its more likely that they estimated a LOT of sales by having these up front and it backfired because people were either not interested or the product never made its way out.  That's why I think some of these stores have so much extra...if you got in 10 cases and never put them up front, you'll have 20 of each figure sitting around come clearance time.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 25, 2007, 10:11 AM »
Picked up another Palpy set and Mace set today, but I really want another Anakin set as well.  Unfortunately they were sold out.  Anyone out there still finding the Anakin/Airbourne sets in their areas?  Please send me a PM if you're willing to ship one my way...  Thanks!
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #292 on: June 4, 2007, 11:58 PM »
Hey, can anyone help me out with scoring 6 Mace windu/marine packs?? On clearance preferably :P
I really need the marines for customs
Thanks in advance

Adam

Offline Blackwolf13

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
    • Omaha Fan Force
« Reply #293 on: June 5, 2007, 12:46 AM »
I'm looking for Yoda/wilted lettuce trooper. Can anyone help me out?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #294 on: June 5, 2007, 12:57 AM »
At the $7 price most of these moved in my area already so not suprisingly I saw nothing between a toy run this past weekend and tonight.  Not one O66 is left in my area it seems...  We had dumped TONS of them too but they mostly sold before the big slash, then at $2.50 they were a deal even if you didn't want them.

I Am Sith is hooking me up nicely with a couple extras he got, so if someone can help him find that Anakin/501st Airborne, that would be a nice gesture if anyone got an extra. 

I wonder though, did Target see these as a success or failure?  To our eyes a failure seems obvious but the stores always have unique ways of looking at things...  Will they do more 2-packs like this though, or is it a dead idea now?

The figures weren't all that bad too...  The blue Commander's a little weak, the spinnach trooper is debatable, but some of them are downright great figures really with nice paint aps and things.  And the cloth robes and stuff are nice accessories.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 5, 2007, 08:33 AM »
I Am Sith is hooking me up nicely with a couple extras he got, so if someone can help him find that Anakin/501st Airborne, that would be a nice gesture if anyone got an extra.

Thanks for looking out for me Jesse, I appreciate it.  Every 2-Pack in this area is gone, and most of them were gone well before the $2.48 clearance hit.  BTW, your figs will be mailed today.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 5, 2007, 09:16 AM »
These moved pretty well at the $6.98 clearance price here, with just a few Shock/Palps and AT-RT/Obi-Wan sets left.  After reading reports of the $2.48 price, I was hoping to pick some of those up, but after the aisle reset, they were all gone.  I don't know if they were bought up, or relocated somewhere else, but I didn't see them anywhere in the toy section.  No big deal, but I probably would have picked up a couple at that price had I seen them.

I kind of hope they are viewed as successful, because the two figures for $10 idea is something I like.  It at least sounds like everyone was able to find at least one of each, if they wanted them, and that's good to hear with an exclusive. 

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 5, 2007, 09:42 AM »
All the Targets in my area are clearancing these out for $2.48 now. Too bad they were all gone by $7.98. :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 5, 2007, 09:49 AM »
Mine had a ton of these this morning finally marked down, this place takes forever. They were totally out of Yoda and Anakin though...

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #299 on: June 5, 2007, 04:09 PM »
Mine had a ton of these this morning finally marked down, this place takes forever. They were totally out of Yoda and Anakin though...
Did they have any windu sets?? If so, could you pick some up for me. If yah do pick any up, let me know how much and I'll send you the money :D