Author Topic: OK, what the.... (Nexu!?)  (Read 4827 times)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: OK, what the.... (Nexu!?)
« Reply #15 on: June 3, 2003, 06:32 PM »
EEK!! I went to check my Nexu and it's GONE!!  GONE GONE GONE!!!
I think it must be in a container with some other stuff I packed away at Christmas time and after the holidays I rearranged my stuff and didn't put everything back out.  Now I have to wait to get to the stuff because I was "snared" at a game last week and can't lift some of the stuff to get to the container.   Geesh...I just about had a heart attack when I couldn't find it.  All I could think of was someone broke it and was too terrified to fess up  ;).

Well, I got to go see if I can round up a neighborhood kid, I can't wait.
Beth

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 3, 2003, 11:53 PM »
Whoa- 2 different sounds?  I love learning something new about a toy I've had for a while!  *runs to hold down the button on the Nexu*
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #17 on: June 4, 2003, 10:22 AM »
Mine was cracked right out of the package, Jesse. There was a crack in the area of the battery cover for some reason. I just superglued it and its been fine since, but obviously the quality control on this $9 figure leaves much to be desired.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: June 4, 2003, 05:19 PM »
Under normal circumstances I'd be happy hearing another had the same issues I did, but unfortunately this is a crappy situation...

I'm glad yours could be fixed though Lando!  Mine would take a fair bit of finegaling to get it to even look decent at this point. :(

A nexu point (And one I can't confirm, but I'm going off memory here) does it not make 3 sounds?

The tongue in the mouth is also a button as I recall, in addition to button on his side near the wound.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #19 on: June 5, 2003, 10:37 AM »
The mouth makes a repeating noise when you hold down the tongue, like a dog when you're playing "tug-o-war" with one of those rope toys...just a constant stream of growling.

The button on the side makes two other noises. I've never really find a way to make it always do one or always do the other, it just seems random.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 7, 2003, 06:17 AM »
I just checked on my opened Nexu, it's okay.  The packaged one I have is fine too.  

It sounds like your's was assassinated by a younger cousin or brother or something.  
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda