Author Topic: NFL / Star Wars Mashup  (Read 1079 times)

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
NFL / Star Wars Mashup
« on: April 20, 2021, 06:47 PM »
I love the NFL, and I love Star Wars, but the appeal of a Star Wars/NFL mashup t-shirt is totally lost on me.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: NFL / Star Wars Mashup
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2021, 09:12 PM »
Those don't even make sense.  Like, if you put cheeseheads on Luke and Leia or something I get it... but just putting a team logo on a straight up SW image is a terrible, incredibly lazy concept.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 09:12 PM by Rob »

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2021, 09:28 PM »
It could've worked...the Bears should be Ewoks, not Imperials..! 49ers are droids (but Chargers are Power Droids!) and the Falcons are obvious...

at least Green Bay Luke is wearing his Hoth gear.

("Green Bay Luke"...better not say that too loud or take this much further, Hasbro will show up with their easy repaint philosophy and give us a bunch of nonsensical figures for $5 more than regular retail.)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2021, 06:22 AM »
It definitely looks pretty lazy. I was looking for the Giants themed shirts, and almost all of them are the same - black Empire shirts and lighter color Rebel Alliance shirts.  They’re also doing Disney and Avengers versions.  At least when the NFL did something like this in 2017 they came up with more original takes: https://www.nfl.com/photos/football-helmets-in-the-star-wars-universe-0ap2000000323761#c7328f41-8ea4-4945-b4c9-f39b738d96a1
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2021, 02:54 PM »
These are brilliant.  The Chicago Bears as the urban big city bumbling incompetent dark side of the league versus the galaxy's greatest heroes - the victorious against all odds small town Green Bay Packers.  All is right with the world after seeing this.   
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today