Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 586938 times)

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
Re: Rebelscum Spam Mail? WTF???
« Reply #1095 on: March 29, 2005, 04:37 PM »
Please don't forget the "Get a life" comment there Josh...

Don't worry, I didn't.

Look, I'm not the Rebelscum apologist or anything. I didn't post here to defend Philip.  All I was saying is that the email really didn't bother me, and it's a very small price to have to pay after years of membership.

But yes, the way he handled the reaction by the users was "rude" at best, and I can see why those of you who were directly called out are angry.  As for all the locked threads, at least they weren't deleted. That IMHO, is even worse.  ;D
Got Clones?

Offline The Collector

• Youngling
  • Behold! I am The Collector!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: March 29, 2005, 05:19 PM »
How about this... Stop clicking on the little links on his site! Whenever I shop online, I use a link on a quality site like GalacticHunter or something of the like. Also, when at C3, don't buy any autographs. They will be cheaper online anyway! If you want to meet the actor, stick by them and eventually you might be able to have a small chat.

Stop helping this dickhole!

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: March 29, 2005, 05:31 PM »
Who needs Rebelscum when you have JD?  Urge a fellow scummer to come over here.  After all, 'scum is just a dumb website.  You'd think who the hell Phillip is.  He's nobody.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: March 29, 2005, 07:07 PM »
Please don't forget the "Get a life" comment there Josh...

Don't worry, I didn't.

Look, I'm not the Rebelscum apologist or anything. I didn't post here to defend Philip.  All I was saying is that the email really didn't bother me, and it's a very small price to have to pay after years of membership.

But yes, the way he handled the reaction by the users was "rude" at best, and I can see why those of you who were directly called out are angry.  As for all the locked threads, at least they weren't deleted. That IMHO, is even worse.  ;D

I totally agree. I thought the email was kind of odd since I never got any from RS.  It took me a minute to figure our what was going on there.  But he was incredibly rude wiht his comments. 

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1099 on: March 29, 2005, 07:35 PM »
His comments pissed me off much more than the spam. I can deal with that but telling us to get a life? Without us, Phil is out of business... not the smartest move on his part.
"This is the way."

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #1100 on: March 29, 2005, 08:16 PM »
Who needs Rebelscum when you have JD?  Urge a fellow scummer to come over here.  After all, 'scum is just a dumb website.  You'd think who the hell Phillip is.  He's nobody.

Who needs it?  I for one do.  The people who have populated a 5 page thread about it apparently do.

Look...let's call a spade a spade.

if everyone from RS migrated over here, that would be one thing.  But as it stands, this site has like....1/10th (at best) of the active population of Rebelscum.  I like the cozy atmosphere here at JD, but it's just not fun to post in a random topic and wait three days for a reply.  Call it A.D.D, but I like my forum conversations to move a little faster than that.

The only time I see a topic with 5 pages in a one day period over here is (Drum roll) when it's about RS.

As fun as it is to gripe when the admins over there fly off the handle, promote or ban a moderator, or lock a post......it doesn't make me want to give up the daily interaction with my fellow fans to come over here and listen to the crickets chirping.

RS has Wuher's.  They have constant news and conversation in every collecting section I care about.  They have the Seattle community (whose closest and only rival resides at GH).  On top of all that, they have more news than any other site out there with very few exceptions.

If it takes a spam mail or two every once in awhile, or I have to watch while GNT or Lady Jaye locks a thread for post padding (and chuckle at the irony)....I can deal with it.

Everything I just said aside, I like JD. There are a lot of websites I enjoy and this is one of them. It's a fun place, where more than a few people I enjoy talking to hang out.  And you know what?  Someday, if JD ever gets big and interesting enough to be a "daily hangout", I'll be happy to switch my allegiances and never look back. 

Today is unfortunately not that day.  ;D
« Last Edit: March 29, 2005, 08:18 PM by JoshEEE »
Got Clones?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: March 29, 2005, 08:27 PM »
Yeah but for the most part the 'fellow fans' over at Rebelscum are 9 year olds.   Meanwhile, it's been almost 36 hours and I've gotten no response as to why my work email is on their spam list and when it is going to be removed.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2005, 08:30 PM by Kneel Before Zod »

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1102 on: March 29, 2005, 09:05 PM »

Who needs it?  I for one do.  The people who have populated a 5 page thread about it apparently do.

Look...let's call a spade a spade.

if everyone from RS migrated over here, that would be one thing.  But as it stands, this site has like....1/10th (at best) of the active population of Rebelscum.  I like the cozy atmosphere here at JD, but it's just not fun to post in a random topic and wait three days for a reply.  Call it A.D.D, but I like my forum conversations to move a little faster than that.

The only time I see a topic with 5 pages in a one day period over here is (Drum roll) when it's about RS.

As fun as it is to gripe when the admins over there fly off the handle, promote or ban a moderator, or lock a post......it doesn't make me want to give up the daily interaction with my fellow fans to come over here and listen to the crickets chirping.

RS has Wuher's.  They have constant news and conversation in every collecting section I care about.  They have the Seattle community (whose closest and only rival resides at GH).  On top of all that, they have more news than any other site out there with very few exceptions.

If it takes a spam mail or two every once in awhile, or I have to watch while GNT or Lady Jaye locks a thread for post padding (and chuckle at the irony)....I can deal with it.

Everything I just said aside, I like JD. There are a lot of websites I enjoy and this is one of them. It's a fun place, where more than a few people I enjoy talking to hang out.  And you know what?  Someday, if JD ever gets big and interesting enough to be a "daily hangout", I'll be happy to switch my allegiances and never look back. 

I have to jump in here, sorry Josh. RebelScum news? I won't comment there as it would be rude on my part, but when you say they have constant news and updates in the forums? Have you seen Wuher's? It is 90% bull****. ROTS forum? Kids bickering at one another. Saga, OTC, same thing. The ONLY thing I will give you is their Vintage section which is great, as are their store reports section. I'm going to defend (no pun intended) my site when I say you do not wait days for a reply and all replies here (with natural exceptions here and there) are of the highest adult quality. You have not and will not get that at RebelScum. I HOPE that this site NEVER becomes like RebelScum, and as long as I work here, it will not. If and most likely when our traffic is that of theirs, it will be pruned of the ignorance and child-like qualities. I promise that however much traffic is ever here, even that of 10x RebelScum, we will not have their problems. Period.

I want to say in public that I often have disagreed with Josh in these matters but have no hard feelings- that would be child-like and ridiculous. I enjoy reading Josh's posts and believe he is a worthwhile member of Star Wars collecting. We have competition and always will. I am obviously for the site that I work for and will defend it within reason. Josh is 100% correct when he says we do not have the amounts of traffic in the forums that Scum has. It would be great if we had more traffic, every site on the web can say that. I believe our content and quality is better than RebelScum. That is for our readers to decide though. We simply do the best we can.

With that said, you all need to get a life.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: March 29, 2005, 10:13 PM »
I'll be happy to switch my allegiances and never look back. 

Thank God for small favors  ;D
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Infamy Of Crete

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Mellars
« Reply #1104 on: March 29, 2005, 10:50 PM »
I usually am the one instigating these conversations,but I have held back until now. The only reason I go to scum is because the Dallas collectors all seem to congregate there. These guys are some of the best collector I have the priveldge of knowing, genereous ,helpful, all around good people. So I will continue to go there until a more suitable nest is made.

I think everyone knows I had my fall outs publicly with Phillip and not so publicly.  I visit regularly here at and of course GH. I posted tonight(over at scum), ironically, the reason why I come to these two sights(JD and GH). First the news content can be counted on and reliable. The content  doesn't change two or threee day after it first is dropped. THese guys are more focused on getting the news accurate rather than being first.  I would be extremely embaraassed as a webmaster if the one of the important facets of my website constantly failed its audience. If I focused on News I would rather the news be right than first. but I guess that just me I suppose I wold rather error on the side of caution.

I'm glad I part of the broader community of starwars and when I cross the street to change scenery I'm just as welcomed here as I am at GH thanks to this community.     
« Last Edit: March 29, 2005, 10:53 PM by Infamy Of Crete »

Offline D_B_B

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: March 29, 2005, 10:56 PM »
I think it's funny they can't find the time to address KZB's problem but Dustin has time to start stupid threads about Coke commercials.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1106 on: March 29, 2005, 11:17 PM »
With that said, you all need to get a life.

;D

Good one, boss.   ;)

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1107 on: March 29, 2005, 11:49 PM »
Does Dallas have a collecting club?  Of all the forums I frequent, nothing comes close to the content and comraderie I get from PSWCS.  We have about 220 members now, and have an E-mail list where people post stuff all day long.  I get immediate store sightings to my inbox, along with great conversation.  And that's not even mentioning the monthly meetings where we swap stories and toys.

Anyway, if you're not in a collecting club, you should be!
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1108 on: March 29, 2005, 11:52 PM »
Anyway, if you're not in a collecting club, you should be!

What the hell do you think JediDefender is, Bill?!   ;)

Yeah, we're a little more spread out than your average "local" collecting club, but still...  At least we get to hold our Collecting Club meetings all over the country, from MN to TN to CA...   8)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2005, 11:53 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1109 on: March 29, 2005, 11:57 PM »
I'll state this again, if you are unhappy with management at said **** hole, start a Finds Thread here.  Your actions in doing so means you are hitting Pappy Wise where it really hurts, his pocket book

The way he has run TheForce.net and the former BHC in the ground should be reason enough to give him the collective finger

All that man sees is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and as others have said, I'm not at all jealous that he can make a buck off of us, but I think any other site leader out there is 1000000 times the person Philip Wise is and will ever be, this is just further proof of the fact that he cares nothing for the fans and only about the money and to me, that is disgusting