Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 581201 times)

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
Re: How long has that damned RS been down?
« Reply #1785 on: August 19, 2005, 02:19 PM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I kind of felt like I didn't budget my time quite as well at C3 as I did at C2.  I saw fewer presentations and it seemed like I was always running, but couldn't really tell you what I did

You know, looking back, I didn't see a lot at C3 either. I saw all the big panels and things I wanted to see, but I missed SO Much of the smaller shows and panels.

I'm guessing this is because I spent so much of my time in costume, or volunteering at various posts around the convention for the 501st.   What a sucker I was.   Still had lots of fun though.   ;D
Got Clones?

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: August 19, 2005, 02:21 PM »
My highlite was seeing Lucas, still.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1787 on: August 19, 2005, 02:23 PM »
My highlight was talking to Matt, Jeff and Brent on the phone

My lowlight was talking to Jamie on the phone >:(
« Last Edit: August 19, 2005, 02:24 PM by Scott »

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: August 19, 2005, 02:25 PM »
My highlite was seeing Lucas, still.

Kevin

I saw 2 and a half of his 3 shows, and that was definitely the highlight for me too.  The McCallum spectacular was a close second (that footage blew me away).

I only hung out at Hooters for a short time with the JD crew, but I swear I saw some of you guys more than I saw the folks I traveled from Seattle with while walking around the con all 4 days.   The funniest times were when I was in armor and you had no idea who I was.  ;D
Got Clones?

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: August 19, 2005, 02:26 PM »
My highlight was talking to Matt, Jeff and Brent on the phone

My lowlight was talking to Jamie on the phone >:(

You havent lived untill you've spoken to a Drunk Matt and a Drunk Morgbug on the phone. :D

You only got sober Morgbug from what I saw. ::)

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1790 on: August 19, 2005, 06:27 PM »
Best moment for me was being one of the last to get into McCallum's spectacular, and only after I went to catch it on a whim thinking I was too late.  Of course, a tie for best moment came prior to that at the Hasbro thing, but besides that bit of ego-boosting I went by myself to the McCallum thing...

I walked to the disgustingly long line, and just as I started to wait, it started to move at record pace, and I was one of the last 20 or so to get in to the last show he was attending.  To top it off my buddy Scott and his wife Nikki were in PERFECT seats in the back and had an open one they could give me.  So I had a great seat in the back to see the whole thing...  The footage, the music, and just having my senses on overload was great. 

Twas a good day.  Then I went out and paid $100+ for 2 steak dinners.  hah!  But man, they were good dinners.

I needed more time with people more than at C3...  The gf and I were sick Saturday night so we didn't get time in with people that night.  Just crashed at the hotel...  I could've stood hanging with the PA guys more, and of course the JD and FFURG guys I missed getting to see more than I did.  FFURG I only got to hang with at the show.   :-\

Still, it was a blast, just felt like I could've delegated time a little more efficiently.  Being my first time at a con like that though, I feel I did fairly well too.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: August 19, 2005, 08:28 PM »
Then I went out and paid $100+ for 2 steak dinners

Hey, that's what I did my last night too. We went to Ruth's Chris, and dressed up a little.  It was expensive, but my friends and I it was a nice change from all that convention junk food we'd been eating all week.

We ended up being the last ones inside the place, except for the private room full of lots of Star Wars celebrities who were apparently celebrating the end of Celebration 3 the same way we were.

Got Clones?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1792 on: August 19, 2005, 10:47 PM »
We went to a place called St. Elmo's I think it was...  It was nice.  It was where Lucas ate dinner Saturday evening I guess...  Found out while talking to the waiter that he had a room booked for himself, McCallum, and a bunch of names I didn't recognize, haha.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: August 20, 2005, 12:04 AM »
 The funniest times were when I was in armor and you had no idea who I was.  ;D

You walked right by me in the lobby of the hotel on Sunday morning.  Never said hi or acknowledged my nod.

Prick ;)

You only got sober Morgbug from what I saw.
I have what's called a tipping point.  American beer doesn't get me there, I need hard liquor for that.  I seem pretty much dead sober until I hit that point, when hilarity ensues.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: August 21, 2005, 03:34 PM »
You walked right by me in the lobby of the hotel on Sunday morning.  Never said hi or acknowledged my nod.

Prick

Did I mention I can't see at all in those things?  ;D
Got Clones?

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Collectors Collections (at RS)
« Reply #1795 on: September 19, 2005, 10:45 AM »
Not to sound like an *******, but is anyone else consistently (and severely) underwhelmed by the collections that RS constantly shows on its front page?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 10:47 AM by LandotheScoundrel »
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Collectors Collections (at RS)
« Reply #1796 on: September 19, 2005, 12:00 PM »
I have been - it's to the point that I'm wanting to submit my collection - just so a decen one can get some screen time.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #1797 on: September 19, 2005, 12:30 PM »
Glad I'm not the only one. I have no problem with people having smaller collections, we all started at one point or another. I just don't think that a small collection should make front page news.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: September 19, 2005, 01:29 PM »
I think that as well sometimes, but when I see those collections, I'm ususally under the impression that they are collections from pre-teens and teens who are proud that they can amass and display these items. If that is the case or not, I have know idea, but I would like to see some real collections.

Maybe all the serious collectors with serious collectors are over here. ::)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: September 19, 2005, 01:33 PM »
A lot of them are collections of people who live outside the U.S. - where it's much more difficult to get SW stuff - so in those instances I can appreciate the smaller collections - but for God's sake most of them are so sloppy and thrown together that they look terrible.