Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 581267 times)

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
Re: RS deletes accounts
« Reply #1995 on: November 23, 2005, 02:30 AM »
Yeah... there's a lot of talk here about the goings-on at the Scum.  Mostly it's stuff that should be discussed in the open over there but it's not permitted.  Since it's gotta be talked about somewhere, it's done here.  It's nice to have a place where we're free to discuss whatever we want.   ;D

I don't have any problem with the Scum.  Some of the policies are assanine, but it's Phil's to run like he wants.  I don't appreciate how complaints are deleted more readily that they're addressed, but I suppose in a forum of that size every complaint's a pain.   I love the Vintage community there.  Wuher's is amusing.  It doesn't hold a candle to Watto's, but it gets a lot of traffic.  Every place has its strengths and weaknesses.  And they're all connected.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: November 23, 2005, 10:06 AM »
It's nice to have a place where we're free to discuss whatever we want.   ;D

I don't even know if that's entirely true, I feel like if I say anything critical of scum here, they'll still ban me.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: November 23, 2005, 10:33 AM »
When do I get to cyber in the chat room again???!!!

!!!

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: November 23, 2005, 11:04 AM »
When do I get to cyber in the chat room again???!!!

!!!

I read about that one!  Bwahahahaha

:o ;D
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: November 23, 2005, 11:15 AM »
Let me guess Travis, you and your buddies make fun of gays, lesbians, blacks, jews, mexicans, mentally handicapped, any other group that aren't like you and your kind, but I'm sure you use words other than what I did!!
If by that you mean the membership of Rebelscum Forums, yes.  :-*

However to be serious for a moment, as a friend of Travis, I take serious offense to your statement. It perfectly exemplifys why you were and are not Moderator material. I would appreciate it if you would leave me out of your slanderous shitfests in the future.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2000 on: November 24, 2005, 05:42 AM »
Hey JM, you can step down from the soap box!! Once you see one of my auctions, you can preach on about my evil ways!! But not until you do so!! I've been fighting the good fight just as long, perhaps even longer than you!!

Um... what?

I was just referring to this thread at RS, where you were rather supportive of all of the RS members' scalping habits, and even seemed to imply that you might possibly be partaking in a bit of scalping yourself in the future.  Here's a couple quotes of yours from that thread to refresh your memory (I couldn't find one of the other good ones that I was looking for though):

I guess it is ok to sell on ebay if you're a college student supporting your colecting habits!!! Yay!! It's off to ebay I go!!!

Yea I'm begining to soften up. I mean it that's all you do is hunt toys and sell em then [censored] on you. But if you pick up an extra or two, but don't wipe out the store, then keep some and trade some, and finally put some on ebay, then that's cool I guess!! You know a lil funds to support your hobby!!!

Or maybe I just took that stuff out of context, I dunno.  It's hard to tell when you're being serious, and when you're being sarcastic, when there's seventeen exclamation points after everything you say.  Either way, you and the rest of the RS staff/mods sure weren't saying much at all about Phillip's supposed "Collect to Collect" mantra over there, where anything remotely close to scalping is supposedly strictly frowned upon.  I just find it a little scary how much the "community" over there has changed over the last year or two...
« Last Edit: November 24, 2005, 05:45 AM by JediMAC »

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: November 24, 2005, 01:39 PM »

Wow, it's funny how the scum plays an important role over here, and that you guys still go over there??? Why??  Just curious?? For a place most of you all dislike, you all know the happenings!!  ;D

I thinks it funny that you would come over here all the time to snoop and not post when you were a mod but when you get to be "center of the universe" you post like a crazed woman at a buy one get one off sale. Just to save face.

Why would you care so much about what people say over here anyway? It all comes down to you were scared that people knew who you were and freaked out because you have some sort of "role" to play out online. Get over yourself.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: November 24, 2005, 07:21 PM »
Like I said in one of my deleted posts, LJ is just a big hypocrite.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: November 24, 2005, 10:33 PM »
I've enjoyed reading this thread and seeing how LJ reacts. Bottom line though is that I'm over it, and its just not worth my time and energy. I know that JD is #1 with me.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: November 25, 2005, 10:38 AM »
Well, the major down side to Lady_Jay's demotion means that GNT is once again the major/practically only moderating power over there. Not to knock the other moderators, but they are simply not used in all of the heavy traffic sections where they are needed. It's just making a tough situation tougher, and I can't even bring this topic up over there anymore because, every time I do, I get asked to be a Moderator. :-[
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: November 25, 2005, 10:42 AM »
Is there a petition somewhere we could sign to get LJ reinstated as a mod as RS? I know we all would.
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline Ghost of QG

• Jedi Initiate
  • Pimpin' the Midwest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: November 26, 2005, 09:39 PM »
Please NO!! She may be a cool person in real life ( I don't know her), but her persona on the RS boards seems really bitchy. No where near GNT's worthless a$$ ! And let's not get started on the Sandtroopers.com mods >:(  She comes across as having a superiority complex, but IMO mods on certain boards often come aross that way. As for her identity and picture, who cares? If she's not cool with it, then respect her wishes. I will admit though that I am curious to see what she looks like , but that's her decision.  If she's not cool with that, then I say Ok and move along. Like I said earlier, LJ comes across that way, but maybe she's quite the opposite off the net. Just my 2 cents on the matter.

and BTW Lady Jaye, pick either texas or Notre dame as your school! Real fans only have one! Bandwagon fans choose two ;D ;D j/k

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: November 28, 2005, 04:23 PM »
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: November 28, 2005, 05:11 PM »
He was banned a while back.  All JD staff members not named Rob were banned.