Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 587478 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: RS deletes accounts
« Reply #2010 on: November 28, 2005, 06:09 PM »
This is for Matt. 

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=604787&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=3&vc=1

Thanks for the head's up there Jay.  Yeah, that's pretty pathetic of Dustin there.  I probably helped more members out at RS than ANYONE when I was still over there, and what does he do to show his appreciation, lock my highly inactive feedback thread at +100, just because someone recently bumped it up.  I don't even trade over there anymore, but some folks occassionally drop a reply on that old thread if I started a trade with them here or at GH.  That guy's got some serious problems.  Why he's so hung up on me and JD, I'll never know...

Longhorn, I got banned over at RS for being a staff member here at JD, and for saying some (highly warranted) crap about Phillip and Dustin over here.  Apparently they greatly enjoy reading the RS threads here when they pop up.  Go figure.  ::)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
I remember my dream now.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2012 on: November 28, 2005, 07:26 PM »
That's easily the most pathetic thing I've seen over there.   ;D

I mean, Matt's got one of the biggest feedback lists, he was nothing but helpful over there (as he is over here and elsewhere), and Scum locked his feedback thread.  Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face!  You have someone who's obviously a community asset, who works overtime to make the hobby better, and they locked the all positive feedback for him because they're bitter.  Hah!  Hell it's not like Matt can even post there or anything, but his feedback still represented A) posts for their site, and B) it looked to most as if there was someone really great/helpful lurking...  Now everyone knows Scum removed someone from the site that just went above and beyond to help everyone...  Scum cares just about THAT much about that community.  Nada...  Zilch.

Where's that picture of a baby crying?  It's never been more appropriate than now after Dustin's move there.  That's pathetic on levels he probably can't even fathom.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 07:29 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: November 28, 2005, 07:34 PM »
LMFAO! Did you guys see this:

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1530622&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#Post15317451530622

Another one bites the dust!

http://threads.rebelscum.com/printthread.php?Board=UBB9&main=1531846&type=post

Banned for saying the dog should eat chocolate! LMAO!  It's good they're not letting these bastards slip through the cracks. ::)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: November 28, 2005, 07:37 PM »
I'm glad they banned him for that one.  Infact I suggested it in that thread.  There's no excuse for making an offhanded "tongue in cheek" comment that could kill someone's dog - especially without any use of smilies or ANY indication that it was a joke until he got called out on it.

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: November 28, 2005, 07:40 PM »
Damn, I would ban that ******* too. Feeding dogs chocolate aint funny. He was a dick anyway.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2016 on: November 28, 2005, 07:50 PM »
Yeah I'd have to say we probably would have handled it very similarly.  However had that happened here A) the thread wouldn't have gone so long without someone doing something about it in the first place and it spiraling out of control, and B) We'd have probably had a private talk with Dark Destiny...  Maybe not banning but he'd have certainly gotten the point which I don't believe he did over at Scum.  Probably didn't even get a PM actually since many people don't before they get banned there.

It's just that what he did was really out of line.  Especially with so many kids there who very well could have been stupid enough to have taken him up on his advice.  Hell there's some people there who I question their intelligence to the point that they very well may go try that just to see what the reaction is.  I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: November 28, 2005, 07:52 PM »
Especially with so many kids there who very well could have been stupid enough to have taken him up on his advice.

Yeah, really. Your dog may be dying and instead of calling a vet you ******* post on a toy forum? DOUCHE.

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: November 28, 2005, 07:54 PM »
Especially with so many kids there who very well could have been stupid enough to have taken him up on his advice.

Yeah, really. Your dog may be dying and instead of calling a vet you ******* post on a toy forum? DOUCHE.

I was thinking the same thing. I wonder how Dark would have felt if the kid actually fed the dog chocolate and it died. That would have been ****ed up.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #2019 on: November 28, 2005, 09:32 PM »
It's those types of posts, general buffoonery and the moderating, or lack there of which made me leave.  I'm just glad to be a member over here.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: November 28, 2005, 10:17 PM »
That's so ridiculous. Did they dig it up and lock it or was it bumped?

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: November 29, 2005, 12:46 AM »
Banned for saying the dog should eat chocolate!

While I know that chocolate CAN kill dogs, my dog once ate an entire Easter basket filled with foil wrapped chocolate eggs, and lived to tell the tale. Of course, he was pooping rainbow foil and fake green grass for a few days, but he was fine otherwise. And there must have been 20 - 25 eggs in there.

And just for the record, I am in no way, shape, or form saying that his comment was funny, or that he didn't deserve to be banned for saying it. As a volunteer for an animal rescue group here in town, I think that anyone who harms animals in any way deserves to be locked up. And in this case, even suggesting that could have lead to harm if the owner of the dog didn't know any better.

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
« Reply #2023 on: November 29, 2005, 01:24 AM »
I'm glad they banned him for that one.  Infact I suggested it in that thread.  There's no excuse for making an offhanded "tongue in cheek" comment that could kill someone's dog - especially without any use of smilies or ANY indication that it was a joke until he got called out on it.

I agree. There are kids who read the forums there, and think how they would feel if they knew they accidentally killed their family pet because some a-hole thought it was funny? Dark Destiny had it coming...look at any of his posts: they are almost always negative. He did nothing positive for the forum there and I'm glad to see his trolling ass booted.  >:(
WTB Autographs and loose vintage, PM me!
"The Dude abides" - The Big Lebowski

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #2024 on: November 29, 2005, 02:27 AM »
I mean, Matt's got one of the biggest feedback lists, he was nothing but helpful over there (as he is over here and elsewhere), and Scum locked his feedback thread.  Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face!  You have someone who's obviously a community asset, who works overtime to make the hobby better, and they locked the all positive feedback for him because they're bitter.

Not to play devil's advocate again (I know how much you all hate Rebelscum) but....why is it so bad that they locked that feedback thread?  Matt's not a community asset to RS in their eyes, or they would have kept him around.

Don't get me wrong (notice I have a post in that very thread from a trade with Matt 2 months ago).  I like Matt as much as anyone.  But why do you care if a feedback thread at a site you don't even use gets locked?

If they locked MY feedback thread, I'd be pissed, because it's the main place I do my trading, but if they locked my thread on say....Galactic Hunter, I really wouldn't give a rip.  I don't go there anymore.  ;D

Oh and about the dogs and chocolate, my friend's dog ate an entire box of chocolates and didn't even get sick. I suppose there are dogs that can eat chocolate like there are people that can eat glass, but I'd never recommend either of those things to anyone.
Got Clones?