Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 581282 times)

Offline hansolo_506

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: RS deletes accounts
« Reply #2070 on: December 4, 2005, 10:17 PM »
For those aware of the cretin..
it would seem greenday has reared his ugly mug again.

SHEESH.. what a train wreck at times.
Don't curse in your signature.

-c.berry

Offline Killer185

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: December 5, 2005, 06:36 PM »

Yea.... I can't believe they let him back.  :P
"Lose it? I didn't lose it. It's not like, "Whoops! Where'd my job go?" I QUIT. Someone pass me the asparagus. " - Lester Burnham, American Beauty

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
« Reply #2072 on: December 5, 2005, 10:00 PM »

Yea.... I can't believe they let him back.  :P

Its not so much they let him back as much as they can't effectively ban him and stop him from making new usernames.
WTB Autographs and loose vintage, PM me!
"The Dude abides" - The Big Lebowski

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2073 on: December 5, 2005, 11:51 PM »
Yeah to their credit (hah) they've got their hands full (or is that "fool"?  whatever).

To effectively keep him out they'd have to actually pay some attention to quality and stuff over there, and well, we all know about how well that'd go don't we? :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
« Reply #2074 on: December 6, 2005, 06:26 PM »
It's great to know this crapstain was allowed back:
http://threads.rebelscum.com/showprofile.php?Cat=&User=13263&Number=1538724&Board=ROTS&what=showflat&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

He graced us for about six minutes with such amazing posts such as when he quoted himself for no reason (after a triple post) to say:

clonerking33 wrote:
God!!! clonerking33 is a major jerk. Who is super sorry. I was bored. Master Skywalker!What are we to do their are too many of them!-unknown padwan

He also is the one who gave us the timeless quotes as saying "YAY!" and "Fook you MutherFooker!" for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

Why the hell he was let back is beyond me. They also let the guy who was scalping the Twin sets come back too.  ::)

I wish I had mod power so I could fix this crap and try to restore the Rebelscum I used to know.  :'(

UPDATE: Well I sent a PM to an administrator offering suggestions and some changes that need to be made. I sent a PM almost exactly like this one 2 months ago and never  got a response, just a read reciept. Guess what happened this time? That's right, read reciept and no response. I'm pissed because I put a lot of thought and effort into the PMs I sent. Each PM was pretty long, with around 10 or so paragraphs. I was very cordial and didn't say anything critical of him or Rebelscum at all, just some suggestions of things that need to be changed. What makes me even angrier is that I don't think the admin even read it because of its length; a minute later (it would have taken more than a minute to read) the admin was making a reply in a thread that was completely off topic than the one I sent him. I've been there for over 3 years and have, IMHO, been a good productive member there, so to just sort of ignore what I had to say is rude.
« Last Edit: December 6, 2005, 09:27 PM by Victor_Von_Doom »

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #2075 on: December 6, 2005, 09:43 PM »
Which admin was it? 

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
« Reply #2076 on: December 6, 2005, 10:02 PM »
Which admin was it? 

In his defense he could not have had any time to respond and could be getting back to me later...but given the fact that I never got a response from the other PMs I've sent in the past (even though I asked for a response of any kind just to know he read it) I'm not holding my breath. I'll hold off on naming names for a day or so, but if I don't get a response by then I'll say it. You can probably figure it out if you think about it hard enough...

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2077 on: December 6, 2005, 10:25 PM »

I wish I had mod power so I could fix this crap and try to restore the Rebelscum I used to know.  :'(

Not to be rude or anything, but who cares really? They dug their own grave and now they sit in their own ****. The site is a complete and utter joke. You have an account here. You most likely have an account at a couple of the other respectable sites. Post here, or at those. :)

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
« Reply #2078 on: December 6, 2005, 10:35 PM »

Not to be rude or anything, but who cares really? They dug their own grave and now they sit in their own ****. The site is a complete and utter joke. You have an account here. You most likely have an account at a couple of the other respectable sites. Post here, or at those. :)

Its just a little sad that the place I used to love has changed so much. The site isn't completely devoid of qualities...there are still some good members there. I've been posting here a lot more lately, and will probably continue to do so. I understand why you don't like it, but it hasn't gotten that bad for me yet.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2079 on: December 6, 2005, 11:38 PM »
Victor,

You can't imagine how much more gripe the people have who were there LONG before it was even Rebelscum, and I think that's where Chris is coming from...  I don't think (I could be wrong so I apologize if I am) you were a member of Collect Star Wars' "BHC" forums, but THAT is what Rebelscum basically narfed from Mike Sullenger...

You think YOU are disappointed in a decline, talk to Sullenger who built the Bounty Hunter Collective into a great collecting community...  It was big, friendly, had great attentive staff...  Then CSW merged with Scum and it went to ****, in a nutshell.

GalacticHunter's formed a new BHC and that's cool but it's never been the same for me, and the BHC's never been duplicated I think.  I'm happy here now, I'm happy with my comrades here, but Rebelscum has NEVER had a forum like the BHC...  Once they tanked that it's been all downhill and even when you started there it was already in the ******* to the "old school" guys that were there from the CSW days.  It's really hard to describe how quickly that place went to hell, seriously.

Like Chris said...  You have an account here and I really think you're a welcomed member over here.  So "who cares?" as he says?  Scum's a resource now, and nothing more.  There hasn't been a "community" at that site for years now, and there never will be anything more than an uncontrollable, uncared for meeting place for people to get together in my view.  We've been hopping in activity, we're happy as a clam with that, and we actually care about this place from the forums to the front page and back again.  To me, Scum's a place to consider doing some trading (though given how many scalpers and con-artists frequent it now without close supervision, I am wary of that as well), and as a vintage section read now and then...  Otherwise the inmates run the asylum and I personally don't want to interact with that too often.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
« Reply #2080 on: December 6, 2005, 11:59 PM »
As usual Jesse James, thanks for the long message. I'd always enjoy a long, thought out message more than 2 short sentences 8)

While I registered in 2002, I lurked for 2 or 3 years. At the time, I didn't think I was knowledgeable enough to be able to discuss things with the experts there, so I lurked and tried to soak up as much information as I could. I was around when Scum started, and I remember the things you are talking about. I found out about Scum through Yakface, back when Yakface was the only site, if that gives you any idea about how long ago it was.

Its not just Scum itself, but the people in general. Flaming is considered a regular perfectly acceptable thing. I try to hold my tongue and help people when they need it and to try to give back to the community, and then I get flamed for no reason. Excuse the cuss word, but What the ****?!? I've said before that people need to stop flaming and regain the focus of why we are all there: to talk and share the love of Star Wars, but it falls on deaf ears.

Thanks to anyone who took the time to read this ranting :P
« Last Edit: December 7, 2005, 12:36 AM by Victor_Von_Doom »

Offline Killer185

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: December 7, 2005, 12:00 AM »
Like Chris said...  You have an account here and I really think you're a welcomed member over here.  So "who cares?" as he says?  Scum's a resource now, and nothing more.  There hasn't been a "community" at that site for years now, and there never will be anything more than an uncontrollable, uncared for meeting place for people to get together in my view.  We've been hopping in activity, we're happy as a clam with that, and we actually care about this place from the forums to the front page and back again.  To me, Scum's a place to consider doing some trading (though given how many scalpers and con-artists frequent it now without close supervision, I am wary of that as well), and as a vintage section read now and then...  Otherwise the inmates run the asylum and I personally don't want to interact with that too often.
Been there over a year and a half.  When I first got there, there used to be a good community sort of... But since those few months it has gone to ****.  I'm really disappointed in rebelscum... Guess I'll just have to get used to Jedi Defender! ;D
"Lose it? I didn't lose it. It's not like, "Whoops! Where'd my job go?" I QUIT. Someone pass me the asparagus. " - Lester Burnham, American Beauty

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #2082 on: December 7, 2005, 12:55 AM »
I wish I could agree that it's just the community there and not RS itself, but it starts at the top.  Phil Wise does a **** job of running the place...it's his sandbox if you don't play by his rules he'll take his toys and go inside.  A couple of the admin there are really cool, but the mods that I've had encounters with are chodes.  I miss the old days of the BHC, and while the vintage section is the closest thing to a community we have it still doesn't touch the way it used to be.  Really the only reason I go to RS is for some occasional vintage knowledge, to use the classifieds, and sometimes I'll go cause a ruckus at Wuhers.  :P 

Personally I'd love to see the vintage crowd migrate to another site (either here or GH, I really don't care) and to see some of the quality users of other sections find their way away from RS as well.  Nothing would please me more than to see Phil Wise's big fancy site become a ghost town.  :)  OK, there are other things, like seeing matkatnadam/misterkenobi devoured by rabid pirhanas, but I'll leave that fantasy for another day.

John

Offline Skyhoucker

• Youngling
  • It will be done, my lord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: December 7, 2005, 01:15 AM »
I'm kinda new here, and I know who MisterKenobi is from my days at RS, but why does everyone around here dislike him so badly?  Just curious... don't think for a second that I intend to stand up for the guy...
Finally finished RotS

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2084 on: December 7, 2005, 01:20 AM »
I just got basically done saying something very similar in our customizing area where there's some issue between the two customizing communities...  

In the grand scheme of forums, a "community" only forms with leadership of some level...  Good, quality, caring, effort, hard work, thoughtfulness, and people who feel their community means as much to them as it does to all the forum members.  If the leaders of sites don't give a ****, their forums will greatly reflect that...  I'm quoting someone, but I forget who, when I say that, "Scum's a resource, not a community".  I think maybe Matt said that...  But the point stands.

Chris cares about this forum, and those below him do too I can attest to that.  From the forum to the front page, there's a caring about what's going on from the top of the food chain to the bottom where I most likely am at.  ;)  This isn't a business for us, it's fun and fulfilling, so while we want our community run as we see fit, we also want it to be a good place for our members to feel they can come and form tight friendships, close contacts, and feel as rewarded in this hobby as we want to feel.

By the way, nice use of "Chode".  An oldy but a goody.