Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 581266 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: RS deletes accounts
« Reply #2085 on: December 7, 2005, 01:20 AM »
Well it started with the $50.00 Target Lava Vaders and just snow-balled every single time he posted for several months.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2086 on: December 7, 2005, 02:05 AM »
I'm kinda new here, and I know who MisterKenobi is from my days at RS, but why does everyone around here dislike him so badly?  Just curious... don't think for a second that I intend to stand up for the guy...

Besides KitKatMan/MisterKenobi's over-inflated ego he put out for everyone to deal with from day 1, and his generally condescending and arrogant nature, I can certainly give plenty of reasons he is disliked simply for being himself.  How one survives happily like that always manages to baffle me but he's not the only guy in Star Wars who talks down to everyone and claims that life's just a bowl of cherries for himself...  I'm sure his friends just adore being around that kind of personality though.  ;)

But to help clear up why people don't like him here, it's generally the same reason people don't like him at Scum actually. :)  Just a quick look at posts I can quote, and I'm sure everyone will be quite aware of WHY this is the type of person who lasts about 2 seconds at sites that are properly run...  As a matter of fact, I think it might have been less than 2 minutes here when he signed up with a nic to try and attack one of our staff members.  We all had a great laugh at that as I recall.

Anyway, enjoy the quotes I just pulled at random for him...  Fun guy huh?

MisterKenobi's Greatest Hits:
Yeah IG-88 is an icon - an icon for what a few SW nerds with no lives can turn a prop into.

Charming quote huh?  Really nice way to talk to other forum members by trolling them with insults.

This Bib looks like he has Downs Syndrome or something.
Where do you even start with a quote like that?  Not only is it insulting to people but it's something you teach children to know better than to joke about publicly...  I'm sure anyone with a special needs person in their lives really appreciates that kind of comment, I know my brother would have probably snapped his neck if he heard him say that in person considering my neice has Downs.

A-p-o-l-o-g-y.

Could someone be more condescending than to spell out words as a reply to someone mispelling something?  

People who hate Jar Jar = entitled to their own (wrong) opinions.
People who hate TPM because of Jar Jar = idiots.
Again, at what point is any forum accepting blatant random insults and mudslinging as proper behavior?  Hell's bells, even kindergarten classes have more tact.

Boo hoo.

Pretty much along the lines of the spelling post...  Someone's mommy didn't teach them that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all...  I guess when you're behind a PC screen you're as arrogant as you want to be though.  Kind of like how people behave in cars with their "rage".

Lamest thing ever in the history of the Earth = counting down posts.

Not quite...  Commenting on people counting down posts is probably #1.  Just some clarification.

Please, don't EVER compare this trash to a decent show like Chapelle Show again. Please. Feel free though to show why this show sucks in contrast.

Very nice...  Tell an entire thread of people voicing their opinions that they basically can't because "I say so", but then alert them to what they CAN do...  at least by his guidelines.  I thought GNT was god over there, not MisterKenobi? :)

You don't have to disect my posts, Bobby.

In this post he's replying to someone trying to give him a chance to have a civil, intelligent debate stating his opinion, and MisterKenobi replies by first telling the person not to disect his posts (even though that's actually proper debate online), and also by mispronouncing the guy's name by calling him "Bobby".  For some reason I've noticed a common ******bag tactic of people who are angry and tied up in a budding online fight like to add a "Y" to someone's name.  It somehow implies some emphasis of their either dislike, or strong attraction towards their opponent.  A possible personal term of affection is my thoughts on the matter.

And think about it... no one would be able to join to spam us, or scalp, or troll. Life would be so much better!

Seems a bit hypocritical doesn't it?  Considering how often he's been quoted with trolling, baiting, condescending, and flaming posts just now, how does he have a right to cry foul against people who are doing the same thing?  He's their king afterall.

The mods don't need your help. If they did, I think they would ask you for it. But you do this in every single thread that is remotely copied.

And I'm all for showing someone an existing thread, but seriously do it in PM, or at least don't act so special when you show them. There are four buttons at the bottom of every post. One of them is the report button. Try it out.

And Skyhouker, I'm surprised to hear post-padding babble from a guy who has like 10 threads in the classifieds that you bump 2-3 times a day sometimes.
And low and behold one more quote and the guy's telling people not to mod anyone, yet in the same goddam thread he's telling people how to post and behave...  I mean, holy hell does he re-read this stuff or just hit reply all willynilly without ever thinking about what he just said?

Anyway, I think the point's made why people dislike him...  It's just so damned easy to do so.
« Last Edit: December 7, 2005, 02:08 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: December 7, 2005, 02:23 AM »
The saddest part is that a little digging could yield 20 times the number of nasty posts that Jesse just shared.

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: December 7, 2005, 11:07 AM »
Don't forget my Sig Line here, classic Matkatmandu!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: December 7, 2005, 12:09 PM »
There was also the time that he called people homos, just using it as slang, but not realizing that some people might find that a tad offensive.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: December 7, 2005, 12:18 PM »
I mean, holy hell does he re-read this stuff or just hit reply all willynilly without ever thinking about what he just said?

Anyway, I think the point's made why people dislike him...  It's just so damned easy to do so.

Honestly, I don't know this guy but I disagree with alot of his posts/think they're wrong. I'm sure I'm "on the bubble" here at JD because of things I've said in forums-my history here is not so good. In one aspect though I've really tried to help folks(that I don't personally know) out with their collections whenever possible as I would expect the same in return( something I really expected to get from this cool site). Unfortunately, I've become part of several "mini flame outs" here that provoked moderator assists.
I understand it's saying something in itself if I'm always involved but I just can't "lay down" for folks when they wish to insult me. I'm often taken the wrong way-probably because I think differently than most folks(not saying it's exactly better either).Seems like sometimes when folks have an extreme opposite point of view they like to hammer it home with an insult-I won't lay down for it -often matching them, hatefully in fact...but sadly the guy who throws the second punch often gets flagged. It will probably happen today for comments made in another forum :-X.

another point...the smilies....people really look into too much or not enough. Yeah I use them- I'm an honest, sadist/sarcasmer personality so I reflect it- so folks think it's evil or wrong. It is evil the way I use them but it's all in fun....

sometimes I just type it and leave it, get into trouble, then realize I can't be so brutally honest because different folks get their feelings hurt easier than mine-in that order

BOTTOM LINE: I'm not an intentional trouble-maker just being myself-sorry for whomever hated me for it. If I tried to unbemyself a little more I just may be more accepted a little more(find myself in less flameouts)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: December 7, 2005, 12:45 PM »
This is thread that started it all for me:

I'm a Dio-Noob. Any Advice? HELP!?
« Last Edit: December 7, 2005, 01:09 PM by Rob »

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2092 on: December 7, 2005, 12:49 PM »
Ahh! Huge Link!! :o
"This is the way."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: December 7, 2005, 01:08 PM »
I'll fix it, hang on...

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #2094 on: December 7, 2005, 01:24 PM »

Man, that's one of the funniest threads I've seen in a long time.  I had no idea that had happened, but wow.....that was just....comical.

Speaking of comical, see this one while you can...
« Last Edit: December 7, 2005, 01:25 PM by JoshEEE »
Got Clones?

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: December 7, 2005, 01:24 PM »
This is thread that started it all for me:

started WHAT for you? Whatsa Dio-Noob? Can't open the link, firewall blocked it

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: December 7, 2005, 01:25 PM »

Man, that's one of the funniest threads I've seen in a long time.  I had no idea that had happened, but wow.....that was just....comical.

« Last Edit: December 7, 2005, 01:26 PM by JoshEEE »
Got Clones?

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: December 7, 2005, 01:35 PM »

Oh my.

Is it her...?
« Last Edit: December 7, 2005, 01:42 PM by Ook »

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: December 7, 2005, 01:37 PM »
The saddest part is that a little digging could yield 20 times the number of nasty posts that Jesse just shared.

You know, I'm not sure how long that list of Matt's posts took to create, but I'm really scared of what kind of "Greatest hits" someone searching my posts would find.  Those were all pretty bad, but I'm sure at some point I've probably said worse. ;D
Got Clones?

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: December 7, 2005, 01:50 PM »
Man JoshEEE you're like a gossiping betty!! Running over here to give the JD'ers all the gossip and going's on at the scum!! LOL!!  8)

I totally knew you would do that!!
« Last Edit: December 7, 2005, 01:51 PM by Lady Jaye »
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent