Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 589672 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Rebelscum
« Reply #2520 on: January 12, 2006, 07:04 PM »
Sorry to hear about the banning.

I was banned from there during the JediDefender staff purge, but was reinstated by Dustin after he and Phillip acknowledged that I have been a longstanding Rebelscum member and have a clean record over there as far as their rules go. 

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
« Reply #2521 on: January 12, 2006, 07:10 PM »
Sorry to hear about the banning.

I was banned from there during the JediDefender staff purge, but was reinstated by Dustin after he and Phillip acknowledged that I have been a longstanding Rebelscum member and have a clean record over there as far as their rules go. 

Hopefully I'll be reinstated as well. I've been there over 3 and a half years, and have never had so much as a warning. Ever. To be permanently banned over something this petty is absurd.
WTB Autographs and loose vintage, PM me!
"The Dude abides" - The Big Lebowski

Offline CaptainAlex

• Jedi Initiate
  • It's the final countdown.....
    • View Profile
    • Captain Alex & the Shrimp Shack Shooters
« Reply #2522 on: January 12, 2006, 08:30 PM »
That is very disappointing to read. You are a voive of reason and your posts are always well thought out at scum.

And I wonder who would be "classy" enough to report you for such a stupid thing. Do you have any theories on who may have blown you in?

I hope you get reinstated.
Living and dying in 3/4 time....

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2523 on: January 12, 2006, 08:34 PM »
You are a voive of reason and your posts are always well thought out at scum.

That's why he was banned. ::)

I'm sorry to hear that VVD (I forgot your real name :-\). Personally I think you are better off without those forums, and hopefully we'll see more of you here. :)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 08:34 PM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
« Reply #2524 on: January 12, 2006, 08:44 PM »
That is very disappointing to read. You are a voive of reason and your posts are always well thought out at scum.

And I wonder who would be "classy" enough to report you for such a stupid thing. Do you have any theories on who may have blown you in?

I hope you get reinstated.

Cap'n - I have a few theories. Trust me, that douche bag who reported me is SO not getting an invitation to my birthday party.

Ryan - I'm here a lot, but I mainly just read threads and don't reply. My real name is Alex. What yours? (  ;) )

Thanks everyone for the support. Hopefully I'll be back soon.

In MisterKenobi's defense, he made a thread about me on Rebelscum, even though I didn't ask him to. He can be a good guy sometimes. I know a lot of you have grudges or whatever with him, but life it too short to hold grudges on a toy forum.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 09:21 PM by Victor_Von_Doom »

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: January 12, 2006, 10:26 PM »

Yeah, me too. But I haven't gone back since, and I don't plan on it. **** 'em.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2526 on: January 12, 2006, 10:41 PM »
Yeah why bother worrying about it Victor?  You do realize all our areas are incredibly active with good conversation, so why fret about getting back into a place that obviously doesn't feel you should be there?  We've appreciated you here from the first day you came on board in any capacity so my thought is you should stay... 

I, like Rob, got banned at Scum amidst just a massive glut of bannings.  I got reinstated, but that unwarranted banning showed me who's running the place and who isn't, so I have written rebelscum.com off as nothing but a resource I can use here and there, and nothing more.  I'm tempted to post in some threads to just be a voice of reason but I fight the temptation down and I stay here.  I have more than enough to talk about over here as the customs talk is MUCH more involved and interesting, the collecting talk is more mature and knowledgeable overall, and our atmosphere sparks friendship and tolerance, not bitching and moaning.

I really think you should rethink how "important" things are to you there.  But like I've always said too, to each their own.  Some people prefer the atmosphere there to here...  Opinions vary, and that's cool too.  You, like Darth Rayne, are welcome here even if you feel compelled to be active there primarily.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: January 12, 2006, 10:41 PM »
Jesse, you took the words right out of my mouth.

It must have been while you were kissing me. :-X

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
« Reply #2528 on: January 12, 2006, 10:52 PM »
Once again, great post Jesse.  8)

Its not so much as chosing RS over JD. No matter what, I'm staying at JD. There are certain aspects of JD I like, and certain aspects of RS I like. I've never felt a need to choose one over the other.

I hear and agree with what you are saying though...

Maybe, in order to be considered respectable and legit, you have to be banned there at least once?

;)

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: January 12, 2006, 11:06 PM »
Alex- I want to make sure you know that it definitely was not me that reported you (I was one of the people V.V.D. graciously invited to Wampa's Cave).  I'm certainly going to check it out there, it's just my computer time has been minimal lately, so I've narrowed down how many places I go.  By the way, have you (not) enjoyed the SW Holiday Special lately :P
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #2530 on: January 12, 2006, 11:27 PM »
Have you considered the possibility that your PM wasn't reported? Admin's there are probably able to read your sent messages.

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
« Reply #2531 on: January 12, 2006, 11:43 PM »
Have you considered the possibility that your PM wasn't reported? Admin's there are probably able to read your sent messages.

I've thought it might be this too. Even if they read the PMs, the PMs were very cordial and nice, so if some douche bag got pissed I sent him a nice PM and reported me he can kiss my ass for now on.

I'll find out within due time.

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
« Reply #2532 on: January 13, 2006, 12:14 AM »
Alex- I want to make sure you know that it definitely was not me that reported you (I was one of the people V.V.D. graciously invited to Wampa's Cave).  I'm certainly going to check it out there, it's just my computer time has been minimal lately, so I've narrowed down how many places I go.  By the way, have you (not) enjoyed the SW Holiday Special lately :P

No worries Daigo, I know you wouldn't do that. Oh and thanks, I guess, for the Holiday Special. I thought we were friends - friends don't let friends watch the Holiday Special.

;)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #2533 on: January 13, 2006, 12:27 AM »
Maybe, in order to be considered respectable and legit, you have to be banned there at least once?

At what point does getting banned from Rebelscum turn from a badge of honor to a badge of shame?

For example, does getting banned multiple times equal more respect?  Or is it that the first time you're banned, that's when you earn the highest amount of respect, and with each successive banning, the respect is diminished?

Just wondering.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
« Reply #2534 on: January 13, 2006, 12:31 AM »

At what point does getting banned from Rebelscum turn from a badge of honor to a badge of shame?

For example, does getting banned multiple times equal more respect?  Or is it that the first time you're banned, that's when you earn the highest amount of respect, and with each successive banning, the respect is diminished?

Just wondering.

Well if you are Greenday it is automatically diminished. I don't know though about if you are not GD...

I'll make a pie chart or some sort of bar graph.

;)