Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 587730 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Rebelscum
« Reply #2580 on: January 14, 2006, 02:39 AM »
No. You are not allowed to discuss any other site at RS other than RS, in any way, shape, or form.

Not true.  You can discuss Phillip's other Star Wars site there all you want - TheForce.Net.  ;)

As for Phillip's mind boggling hypocrisy, most of you aren't even aware of the best one ever:  Remember the whole spam issue over at RS last April? (which in part led to my banning there, along with some **** I said about Phillip and Dustin over here)  Well, there was an e-mail message that got sent out by someone to all of the admins/webmasters/site owner's of the various Star Wars collecting websites several months ago, about some Master Replicas news information (Chris Berry got it here), and Phillip shockingly threw a hissy fit about receiving this message he considered to be "spam" (it wasn't from MR).  I don't specifically recall all the details at this point, but considering Phillip's "spam" rant over this issue wasn't too long after the infamous "You don't like our spam?  Get a life and move along" comment from Phillip to many of his RS members in their own feedback forum after he sent out his RS (Toys'R'Us) spam to his whole forum, his hypocrisy knows no bounds.

As for VVD's banning over the PM invites, I'm not at all surprised.  Cordial and polite, or not, that's not the point.  Phillip refuses to let anyone promote any competing site on his site, unless they're a staff member.  I'd be surprised if there's actually a written rule over there about it though, at least about using the PMs that way.  I know they throw a hysterical shitfit now over the links, but monitoring PMs is asinine.  Hell, that's how Scott (OCB) and I pretty much got JD's forums really off and running here several years ago, and I know lots of folks that still do it to this day.  Like Fatty said, for the gorilla of collecting sites to sweat any of the others is just pathetic.  It's like a millionaire getting pissed that he didn't get his quarter returned from the pay phone.  It shows how truly petty, insecure, and money hungry Phillip is.

I also found it downright laughable recently when someone asked in RS's feedback forum about all the new double-underlined sponsor links EVERYWHERE there now, and Dustin or Myatt (I don't recall) spewed some bull**** nonsense about needing to cover the costs of running RS.  Good Lord, that's some funny **** there.  Do they really think their members are that stupid?  Well, I guess many of them are.  But still...

And Alex, if I were you, I'd flip back 10 or so pages in this thread and find Cable's post.  You might find it enlightening...  ;)

Lastly, Birchall's right again on that September, 2002 estimation, as most of us here would contend.  Long before September, 2005 - no doubt.  But if folks weren't around way back then, they wouldn't have the privelege of knowing that.  In fact, the RS forums were really only decent for about 6 - 9 months, and that's it.  Prior to that, they weren't the RS forums, they were the CSW boards, which were definitely a great place.  Very depressing how it all turned out, especially seeing a dickhead like Phillip somehow swindling his way into controlling the vast majority of the online collecting discussion, when it was never even his to begin with.  He definitely doesn't deserve it.  Reminds me a lot of how the evil Galactic Empire was eventually formed in ROTS...  :P
« Last Edit: January 14, 2006, 04:40 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #2581 on: January 14, 2006, 03:13 AM »
As for Phillip's mind boggling hypocrisy, most of you aren't even aware of the best one ever:  Remember the whole spam issue over at RS last April? (which in part led to my banning there, along with some **** I said about Phillip and Dustin over here)  Well, there was an e-mail message that got sent out by someone to all of the admins/webmasters/site owner's of the various Star Wars collecting websites several months ago, about some Master Replicas news information (Chris Berry got it here), and Phillip shockingly threw a hissy fit about receiving this message he considered to be "spam" (it wasn't from MR).  I don't specifically recall all the details at this point, but considering Phillip's "spam" rant over this issue wasn't too long after the infamous "You don't like our spam?  Get a life and move along" comment from Phillip to many of his RS members in their own feedback forum after he sent out his RS (Toys'R'Us) spam to his whole forum, his hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Heehee ... actually, I (in my capacity as CloneWarz.com staff) got those missives. I feel special. 8)

There were 23 emails in total. I chickened out on reposting it (even in condensed form) out here for mass public consumption, since it's sorta-kinda private content even though it was all cc'ed to about thirty sites and individuals. But y'all can PM me for highlights--easier to keep the damage under control that way.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2006, 03:51 PM by Valin Kenobirific! »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2582 on: January 14, 2006, 04:33 AM »

From all of Phillip's bull**** responses in that lenghty spam discussion between the site admins (which I won't re-post here either), this little nugget was certainly the highlight of them all:

The last thing I need is more email in my inbox that doesn't belong there.

:o
« Last Edit: January 14, 2006, 04:39 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
« Reply #2583 on: January 14, 2006, 09:40 AM »
No. You are not allowed to discuss any other site at RS other than RS, in any way, shape, or form.

As for VVD's banning over the PM invites, I'm not at all surprised.  Cordial and polite, or not, that's not the point.  Phillip refuses to let anyone promote any competing site on his site, unless they're a staff member.  I'd be surprised if there's actually a written rule over there about it though, at least about using the PMs that way.  I know they throw a hysterical shitfit now over the links, but monitoring PMs is asinine.  Hell, that's how Scott (OCB) and I pretty much got JD's forums really off and running here several years ago, and I know lots of folks that still do it to this day.  Like Fatty said, for the gorilla of collecting sites to sweat any of the others is just pathetic.  It's like a millionaire getting pissed that he didn't get his quarter returned from the pay phone.  It shows how truly petty, insecure, and money hungry Phillip is.

And Alex, if I were you, I'd flip back 10 or so pages in this thread and find Cable's post.  You might find it enlightening...  ;)

The point of me saying that the PMs were nice and cordial isn't against Phillip. I realize rules are rules, and I broke the rules. What I'm mad about is the person who tattle taled me to the staff. I send them a nice PM, and they throw a hissy fit and try sucking up to the staff by telling on me  ::)

I totally forgot about the Cable quote for a while and was just like "WTF Virex?!?". Thankfully a couple other members here explained it to me and set me straight.
WTB Autographs and loose vintage, PM me!
"The Dude abides" - The Big Lebowski

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #2584 on: January 14, 2006, 11:09 AM »
The point of me saying that the PMs were nice and cordial isn't against Phillip. I realize rules are rules, and I broke the rules.

Is there actually a rule there that says you can't PM someone a link to a different site?  Probably not (although there might be one shortly, just to spite me).  It's probably more of an unwritten type thing.  Like, is it against the law to have sex with your cousin?  No (and I've checked).  But will it get you kicked out of the trailer?  You betcha.  That type of deal.

I totally forgot about the Cable quote for a while and was just like "WTF Virex?!?". Thankfully a couple other members here explained it to me and set me straight.

In the future, if something like this happens again, and you have to bring in a team of experts to figure out what the hell I'm talking about, it's probably best to just leave it alone.  Eventually it'll go away by itself.

"Best leave it unsolved, really. . ."
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: January 14, 2006, 01:19 PM »
VVD, glad you got reinstated.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: January 14, 2006, 04:57 PM »

Durge was the personification of everything wrong with the world today.  He was the first character I've ever met (online or otherwise) that I'd burn down in the street just because.

LOL!  ;D :o

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: January 14, 2006, 10:59 PM »

Look how proud Phillip looks! :D

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #2588 on: January 14, 2006, 11:19 PM »
Like, is it against the law to have sex with your cousin?  No (and I've checked).  But will it get you kicked out of the trailer?  You betcha.  That type of deal.

Interesting.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #2589 on: January 15, 2006, 12:14 AM »

Look how proud Phillip looks! :D

Looks more like a tool to me.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: January 15, 2006, 12:59 AM »

I'm just glad I don't ever have to see Virex again. I swear, I don't know what I'd do if I ran across him on a forum again...

Virex is a prick.  End of story.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline exjedi

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • exjedi.com
« Reply #2591 on: January 15, 2006, 11:27 PM »
Wow, I actually had to go back to the beginning and read this thread from the start, since I thought all this time I might be the only one out there that would like to kick Phillip Not-so-Wise in that Jabba size gut of his.

I was wondering if anyone has ever seen Phillip's left nut Dustin in person before or is he just an imaginary jackass?

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: January 15, 2006, 11:32 PM »
I gave him a can of SPAM to give to Philip at Celebration 3.

He does in fact exist.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline XxcrazyasspunkxX

• Banned
  • Youngling
  • I'm a ******bag!
    • View Profile
    • I LOVE JediDefender.com!
« Reply #2593 on: January 15, 2006, 11:34 PM »

I was wondering if anyone has ever seen Phillip's left nut Dustin in person before or is he just an imaginary jackass?

lol..hahah..thats so funny, I think it is.
Hi, I'm Greenday, just ignore my douchey-ness.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #2594 on: January 15, 2006, 11:38 PM »

I hung out with Dustin for a little while during Celebration I in Denver. 

Before the dark times.  Before the Empire.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."