Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 588981 times)

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
Re: Rebelscum
« Reply #3225 on: August 7, 2006, 01:39 PM »
Just for the record, one should never tell a fellow member (let alone a staff member) to STFU no matter how pissed you are.

I don't know. Chris gave the guy the "Cluepon", which basically said "no one gives a **** what you think and you have your head up your ass".

I thought his response was in kind with the insult, so I was surprised when he was suspended for simply replying in the same manner in which he was insulted.
Even so, it doesn't suprise me that Chris suspended someone that pissed him off.  Is it a little bit of an abuse of power to insult someone and then ban them when they respond to your insult? 

Maybe, but it's his site, so it's his right.

Got Clones?

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3226 on: August 7, 2006, 02:18 PM »
Good point, but I took the cluepon as a joke.  You know, like posting a picture of a donkey (jackass)?

Either way, it was only a day - not a lifetime like RS.

:P

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3227 on: August 7, 2006, 08:36 PM »
To maybe try to diffuse this stupid rabble, and abuses of power why dont we just lock this damn thread up and be done with it.

I can't beleive something so stupid has gone on for 90+ pages.

As a  amter of fact I beleive I said something about lcking this thig up about page 30 or so.

Personally it seems that this thread has become an entity unto itself, and it has really degenerated into nothing more than a big fklame session. You are turning into the very things that you are insulting.

Crap like this is one of the reasons I left the scum to their own devices a year ago.

I'm going to go back to the customs section now, or possibly enjoy a little vacation for pissing off someone.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #3228 on: August 7, 2006, 09:57 PM »
You okeoke Abdyr inoarticykar do noot seem to adnit the don't know how long I have had some of then in my collectuion what I oaid fir
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #3229 on: August 7, 2006, 11:12 PM »
You okeoke Abdyr inoarticykar do noot seem to adnit the don't know how long I have had some of then in my collectuion what I oaid fir

Oh, the memories...

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3230 on: August 8, 2006, 02:07 AM »
Just for the record, one should never tell a fellow member (let alone a staff member) to STFU no matter how pissed you are.

I don't know. Chris gave the guy the "Cluepon", which basically said "no one gives a **** what you think and you have your head up your ass".

I thought his response was in kind with the insult, so I was surprised when he was suspended for simply replying in the same manner in which he was insulted.
Even so, it doesn't suprise me that Chris suspended someone that pissed him off.  Is it a little bit of an abuse of power to insult someone and then ban them when they respond to your insult? 

Maybe, but it's his site, so it's his right.

If you read my explanation it shows that my intention was not towards him directly, but to a way of thinking. It's clear though that people should be a bit more surprised when I suspend someone who pisses me off, because if I did it each time it happened, well- you'd be long gone.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #3231 on: August 8, 2006, 02:20 AM »
It's clear though that people should be a bit more surprised when I suspend someone who pisses me off, because if I did it each time it happened, well- you'd be long gone.

I dont' know if I'm supposed to be flattered or offended by that.  :-\
Got Clones?

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3232 on: August 8, 2006, 11:37 AM »
If you read my explanation it shows that my intention was not towards him directly, but to a way of thinking.

I guess it's like me telling somebody (my son?) that he is doing something 'really stupid' (way of thinking about running out in the street from between 2 parked cars) it sounds to him like I'm calling him stupid(even though my intent was not toward him directly but his line of thought). Well, I've been told by many 'EXPERTS' in counseling ect that you just can't say to somebody that they're acting like an idiot or doing something stupid because then, essentially I am calling them stupid or idiot. Maybe they're right as it never generates the right response. One Example? Seen in this thread performed by SmartyPants.

LOL- I'm sure it helps little if you pick a name like SmartyPants then mouth off like that whether defensive or not.

The DS

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #3233 on: August 8, 2006, 11:51 AM »
I Rebelscum. 
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #3234 on: August 8, 2006, 12:39 PM »
I guess it's like me telling somebody (my son?) that he is doing something 'really stupid' (way of thinking about running out in the street from between 2 parked cars) it sounds to him like I'm calling him stupid(even though my intent was not toward him directly but his line of thought). Well, I've been told by many 'EXPERTS' in counseling ect that you just can't say to somebody that they're acting like an idiot or doing something stupid because then, essentially I am calling them stupid or idiot. Maybe they're right as it never generates the right response. One Example? Seen in this thread performed by SmartyPants.

LOL- I'm sure it helps little if you pick a name like SmartyPants then mouth off like that whether defensive or not.

The DS

Well, you know, Rickey Henderson has to do what's best for Rickey Henderson, you know.  I mean, if Rickey Henderson feels that Rickey Henderson needs to tape his bat up higher to be the best Rickey Henderson that Rickey Henderson can be, then Rickey Henderson's gonna tape his bat higher, in a way that Rickey Henderson can perceive as Rickey Henderson can, to be the best Rickey Henderson that Rickey Henderson can or will or want to be as Rickey Henderson qualifying in a Rickey Henderson-esque type of way to be a Rickey Henderson for which all Rickey Hendersons around us, being one Rickey Henderson to speak through Rickey Henderson as a vessel to reach all Rickey Hendersons out there in the world, in a quantitative, Rickey Henderson-esque magnanimous display of Rickey Henderson-tude, and quality that you can find only in Rickey Henderson as Rickey Henderson is wont to do for Rickey Henderson being Rickey Henderson as Rickey Henderson!  You come in here, "Rickey Henderson, how come you tape your bat," you know, Rickey Henderson's gonna answer you in a way that Rickey Henderson can to be. . .  in fact, that reminds me, I gotta give that ************ a phone call, you know?
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3235 on: August 8, 2006, 01:34 PM »
Wow, the last song you listened to is so fitting for this thread!

;)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #3236 on: August 8, 2006, 01:48 PM »
I hear that Radiohead's working on a song called "Tired, Boring, Repetitive cluster****" for their next album.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3237 on: August 8, 2006, 02:31 PM »
OFF TOPIC: like the last few posts

That title sounds good for John Hodgeman's thread. with the exception of  the repetitive part, I find it Tiresome, Boring, cluster**** of a read.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #3238 on: August 8, 2006, 04:19 PM »

That nickname is as old as I have been online on Lego.com when i was in 2nd grade ;) I just got stuck with it I guess :P

PS Chris, I took it directly, I had no idea it was intended to the entire thread or a group of people in the thread, so sorry.
« Last Edit: August 8, 2006, 04:22 PM by Smartypants1635 »

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #3239 on: August 8, 2006, 07:27 PM »
There was a LEGO.com when you were in second grade??!!  What are you, 11 years old?   ;D

There was barely even a USENET when I was in second grade.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj