Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 589223 times)

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
Re: Rebelscum
« Reply #3240 on: August 8, 2006, 08:04 PM »
There wasn't even Star Wars when I was in 2nd grade :o
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #3241 on: August 8, 2006, 08:38 PM »
Grade 2! Oy! No SW ethier, just the original Planet of the Apes!  :P

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #3242 on: August 8, 2006, 10:22 PM »
There was a LEGO.com when you were in second grade??!!  What are you, 11 years old?   ;D

There was barely even a USENET when I was in second grade.

Nah dude, I'll be sixteen this January.  >:( I don't exacly remember, but it was in between 2nd and 3rd when we moved to Texas when I joined. So I'm pretty accurate on that

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #3243 on: August 9, 2006, 02:19 AM »
There was barely even a USENET when I was in second grade.

There was Usenet when you were in second grade?  Damn. 

I think that was Apple IIE territory for me.

Now we just need someone older to come along and tell us that they didn't even have PCs.  ;D
Got Clones?

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3244 on: August 9, 2006, 02:34 AM »

I suppose this is when I stop hitting on you then, hmm? ;)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3245 on: August 9, 2006, 02:59 AM »

No kidding.  Tell us something we don't already know, Tracy...  :-*

Was Gone with the Wind even out yet?  :-X

As for my lunch with Tommy (uscwannabe), it did indeed happen last week.  We got together and shot the **** for about 3 hours, and chatted about a number of different topics, including the Fan Club Presidency, of course.  From what Tommy told me, it doesn't sound like he broke any of the rules for the contest, but that perhaps the rules were "ammended" after the contest ended, or the fine print was altered, to bring about his DQ on a technicality.  Whether someone lobbied for that to happen, or the Fan Club or LFL higher-ups preferred Dustin due to the relationship they already had with him/Phillip/RS/TFn/Official Pix, I can't say for sure.  Still totally shady, and since there's now ongoing litigation into the matter, the details unfortunately can't be discussed yet.

But at least the Fan Club was courteous enough to ask Tommy for his address so they could send him the awesome consolation T-shirt prize...  ::)
« Last Edit: August 9, 2006, 03:00 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3246 on: August 9, 2006, 04:10 AM »
When I was little all we had was the abacus, and...  wait, where am I and why have I soiled myself? [/end old]
« Last Edit: August 9, 2006, 04:11 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3247 on: August 9, 2006, 09:40 AM »
Now we just need someone older to come along and tell us that they didn't even have PCs.  ;D

Uh, ok.  In high school they were still running punch cards through and I never took comp. sci. classes.  Mac Classic would be my first computer I owned, around 1991 or so.  That would have been during my first bachelor's degree. 

Grade 2?  Slide rule.  Maybe abacus.  Calculators were too expensive at the time.  Really.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3248 on: August 9, 2006, 10:19 AM »

Hey! >:(  You're not that far behind me. :-*  Brent, would you please send him his little blue pills so he'll have something better to do than pick on me? :P
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3249 on: August 9, 2006, 10:22 AM »
I can remember my school getting our first computer (which I believe really was in 2nd Grade) it was a Commadore PET, this would have been 1982.  By 1985 there were 20-30 of them in the school, all Apples I believe.  My first year of college would have been my first year on the net which would have been 1993...I can still remember searching for when the next Gn'R album was going to come out.  Still waiting (as TSI doesn't really count)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3250 on: August 9, 2006, 10:45 AM »

Hey! >:(  You're not that far behind me. :-*  Brent, would you please send him his little blue pills so he'll have something better to do than pick on me? :P

Don't do it Bent...unless those are 'chill pills'
I heard what those blue ones are for...shoot, if you give him that then he'll need her.
'Course then you'll never hear the end of it. As a supplier you be an accessory...'contributing to the delirium of a fellow elderly, ect.'

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3251 on: August 9, 2006, 12:54 PM »

All I remember was the Laugh-Olympics and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.  Oh and I was the milk maid.  You know, you had to have a carton of milk everyday in class....From the milkman...really, the milkman...

Geesh....I'm old  :-\
Beth

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3252 on: August 9, 2006, 01:33 PM »
I remember the daily milk break in school.  I wonder if they still do that?  Probably some lactose intolerant kid had a bad reaction, a lawsuit ensued and now milk is outlawed in schools.  Anyway...

I'm old enough that I saw Star Wars in theaters, my first home gaming system was the Atari 2600 and my first computer was a TRS80 from Radio Shack.  I remember top-loading VCR's and when you could still by lawn darts in stores.

In high school we had Apple II computers and by the time I was a senior teachers started requiring that papers be done on the word processor in the computer lab.  But my typing class was still given on old IBM Selectric typewriters. 

I sent my first email on the Internet (technically it was DECnet I think) in 1989 from my college library to some students at another NY college.  By 1991 I had an email pen pal in Haifa Israel.  By 1992 I owned an "IBM compatible" Packard Bell computer, was on USENET buying and selling comic books and downloading pr0rn.  In 1993 we were playing the hell out of "Wolfenstein 3D" (the great grandfather of all your first-person shooters) and I bought my first carded "vintage" ROTJ figure on-line from a guy in Florida.  In that same year I was on IRC hitting on chicks in Chicago (and people think forums, AIM and MySpace are the Devil...where have they been for the last 13 years?).

I built my first web site in late 1994 or early 1995.

I found my first grey hair two years ago.

And technically, none of this has anything to do with Rebelscum...but it is fun to think about sometimes.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #3253 on: August 9, 2006, 02:17 PM »
I remember the daily milk break in school.  I wonder if they still do that?  Probably some lactose intolerant kid had a bad reaction, a lawsuit ensued and now milk is outlawed in schools.  Anyway...

According to Super Size Me, milk is still around, but they're trying now to outlaw Soda in school, which wasn't around when I was a kid.  Sweetest drink we could buy on school grounds was chocolate milk.
Got Clones?

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3254 on: August 9, 2006, 02:25 PM »

According to Super Size Me, milk is still around, but they're trying now to outlaw Soda in school, which wasn't around when I was a kid.  Sweetest drink we could buy on school grounds was chocolate milk.

We would pour our Pixie Stix into our milk......... :)