Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 581270 times)

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Everything Rebelscum
« Reply #3345 on: October 11, 2006, 02:12 AM »
I still have a chubby for Jango Fettish. :P

Offline CaptainAlex

• Jedi Initiate
  • It's the final countdown.....
    • View Profile
    • Captain Alex & the Shrimp Shack Shooters
« Reply #3346 on: October 11, 2006, 10:03 AM »
And what is that explanation, I haven't read it.

Anyhow the real reason for my stopping by, I don't know if anyone here knew him or not, but one of our own past away last week, Nute Gunray No parent should ever have to feel the loss of a son or daughter. And no one should die so young, so full of hope for the future.

There's a thread established over here about the passing of Nute. Nice kid. Looks as had lots of friends.
Living and dying in 3/4 time....

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: October 11, 2006, 01:45 PM »
Efficiancy Alert:

A Classified thread that was obviously scalping (30 POP Lucas stickers for $250) was finally closed today. The thread was started 13 days ago and within hours, if not minutes, was reported to moderators. Glad to see that they're watching their members backs. ;)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3348 on: October 11, 2006, 03:24 PM »
Ridiculous.

That whole site is ridiculous. I only really post in the customs and the TSC Forums there anyways, but there was a thread questioning the moderators about why they lock/delete threads they don't agree with in Wuher's. Of course, it was locked after 16 replies by Dave Myatt, saying:
You know, you are all missing a point here: This isn't "America" this is a forum...a forum about Star Wars toys. And it's one you don't own, pay for, or make the rules for (same applies for me) so if you don't like it, no one is forcing you to stay.

So, unless you are asking us to close your account for you because you don't want to post here any more and don't want to continue to be a part of the Rebelscum community, you should just sit back and enjoy the forum.

There is no "dictatorship" here. Matter of fact that is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. You'll be much happier when you come to realize this is a Star Wars collector's forum, not a country under the fist of a tyrannical leader. You choose to be here, and if you post comments like that maybe you need to ask yourself why you continue to post here.

There is no reason for us to keep a thread like this continuing.
There is no way complaining about the rules that you agreed to when you signed up to this forum will have them changed or disregarded.

If we don't like it, don't join? WTF? Ever think that somebody joins for the community, not the stupid little tightass rules they have over there? If we post comments voicing our own opinions about the moderator's actions, we shouldn't post at all anymore?

So, I attempted to bring back the topic, saying that we should be allowed to voice our own opinions about the going-ons in the forums.

It was re-locked after two replies by good 'ol Dave Myatt again.
you're right. This one will be locked too.

Darth_Nirvana : First off, the thread was locked, not deleted. Same thing with the Medicom thread in the 12" forum. locked, not deleted. You see, someone started spamming that forum right after the thread was locked, and in doing so, pushed it back to another page.

As stated before, no one is forcing you to be a part of this forum community, you do it of your own free will, so you know what that means. As stated before, this discussion is counter productive, and has no place, so we'll not continue discussing it.

Now, I did make the mistake of putting "Deleted" instead of "Locked" in the title, which was a simple mistake.

I don't know why he thinks its counter-productive, and how does it "have no place" in a forum that's labeled as "Your Star Wars fan and collector community. We serve all kinds here!"?

I'm just a little bit annoyed right now.  >:( 

My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: October 11, 2006, 03:45 PM »
IMO, there is one thing RS is good for and that's the vintage forums.  There are a lot of knowledgeable, polite guys over there.  Yes, sometimes their heads get a little big, but for the most part, they're pretty cool (and most know their stuff).

There's a lot of discussion in the 12" forums too but mostly it's complaining and Dave showing off his photography skills.  That and his endless Sideshow brown-nosing.

So basically, anything you need/want to know about Star Wars collecting can be found right here. 

The only thing you should have to visit RS for is a vintage questions/discussion.

The Classifieds get a lot of hits but one must proceed with caution.  There's nothing more expensive than a good deal.  Don't get me wrong, there are some stand up members, but for every good guy, there are ten scam artists.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #3350 on: October 12, 2006, 08:14 PM »
The reason I went back over there is due to the fact the GG section has more traffic. But now that's marred by everyone's drama with one kid.  ::)
I remember my dream now.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: October 12, 2006, 09:05 PM »
It is very sad that Philip passed away. I can't imagine losing one of my kids. I also can't imagine how they could post a memo about it on their front page, and have one of the pathetic little pop up ads in it, and on the word family to boot. For a brief moment I thought it might be a link to a caring bridge site or a memorial the family had made. nope, a pop up ad for a gamestation. Nice.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #3352 on: October 12, 2006, 09:13 PM »
I hadn't even seen that till you mentioned it.  Lame.
I remember my dream now.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: October 13, 2006, 02:21 AM »
Nice seeing your collection on the front page Rob.

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #3354 on: October 13, 2006, 06:41 AM »
I still pop over to RS for the GG stuff, I cant believe all the crap thats going on there with this kid trying to rip people off in the GG section, its gone on 5 pages and no sign of mod or any mod help, I had an issue here with a member and it was acted upon quick smart and the issue was resolved, It seems they dont give a crap over there and what happens to their members.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3355 on: October 13, 2006, 10:25 AM »
Nice seeing your collection on the front page Rob.

Indeed! :)

There are many more images in my sig link below for those who haven't seen them yet.

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: October 13, 2006, 09:02 PM »
First off my condulences to Phillip's family and friends with the loss. 

I'm glad RS removed that link from that news post about his passing, that was tasteless.   I now only  use RS just to check out the GG section and see if anyone has anything for sale or trade, which sounds like its getting risker. 

Offline Dr. Zoltar

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3357 on: October 17, 2006, 04:06 PM »
Amazing.  I've stopped posting at RS except for the Local Finds section.  The forums were getting too bloated with useless posts and took too long to wade through.  I long in from time to time, but nowhere near the amount I used to.

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3358 on: October 19, 2006, 03:11 AM »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3359 on: October 19, 2006, 04:09 AM »
Dead link...
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77