Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 581183 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Everything Rebelscum
« Reply #3420 on: February 28, 2007, 04:40 PM »
I am, but it's one board and I rarely ever speak.  It's also the only "other" thing I collect, and a lot of that has to do with it being in scale with SW actually.  If it didn't have a 1:18 market I'd be out of that in a heartbeat...  I talk more about it here actually in the other toys section.  Partly because it's easier, partly because of who I'm talking to at the other board some days.  Tough to explain without examples.

I love the military toys but I just tend to avoid discussion about them...  There's no solid community(ies) for them like Star Wars has.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 04:42 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #3421 on: February 28, 2007, 05:23 PM »
Rather than form and host an entirely new forum at their new site of course. 

They could always just go to www.toytraderz.com:P

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3422 on: March 1, 2007, 02:27 AM »
I was wondering if ToyTraderz.com had anything to do with them starting it up.  Or to compete with Adam Pawlus over at 16bit.com maybe?

There are a lot of ther sites out there covering the same stuff but I'm guessing they figure they might have a built-in audience with the large community already in place at RS.  Besides, SW is going to wind down eventually, this gives Myatt and Curto another outlet.

By the way, Myatt appears to be the registered owner of the cooltoyreview.com domain but it's hosted with the RS.com sites because it's using the same DNS servers.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3423 on: March 1, 2007, 02:46 AM »
***looks up at Eric going way over his head***  ;D

In other news related to that site, JoshEEE has his hands full tonight, haha.  Threads like that are why I just couldn't continue.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #3424 on: March 1, 2007, 03:48 PM »
You gotta love those evenings (or in this case days too).  Not a moderator in site, so flaming is allowed to continue indefinitely.

I actually enjoyed the back and forth, but was glad to see it at least one of the threads finally locked up this morning.  Other one still goes on strong.  I think they need more than one or two semi-active moderators over there.
Got Clones?

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3425 on: March 1, 2007, 04:08 PM »
I actually enjoyed the back and forth, but was glad to see it at least one of the threads finally locked up this morning.  Other one still goes on strong.  I think they need more than one or two semi-active moderators over there.

Also moderators who follow the fourm rules as The will
« Last Edit: March 1, 2007, 04:21 PM by Jeff »

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #3426 on: March 7, 2007, 11:53 PM »
I was wondering if ToyTraderz.com had anything to do with them starting it up.  Or to compete with Adam Pawlus over at 16bit.com maybe?

Could have, but it's hard to say.  I got on RS in April asking for help building our database, so that could have got the wheels turning.  We then made our official "opening" announcement in October, but the faithful admin had my thread closed down.  Once I heard of CTR I looked it up and saw the domain was registered in August, but again it's hard to say when they might have started working on it.

I find it kind of funny, really.  So many people have talked for ages about wanting a site that allows them to discuss non-SW vintage lines.  So we put our site up and no one even blinks (partially because the powers that be had our link removed ASAP).  Dave announces the CTR forum and everyone's like "Wow, what a great idea!"  Knobs.  :) 

John

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3427 on: March 7, 2007, 11:55 PM »
Dave announces the CTR forum and everyone's like "Wow, what a great idea!"  Knobs.  :) 

Who is Dave?

~ S Wayne
« Last Edit: March 7, 2007, 11:55 PM by OCB »

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3428 on: March 8, 2007, 01:19 AM »
I need to get to ToyTraderz more often, I've been slacking.  Just seems like after I get done doing updates, reading RS, JD and the GI Joe boards I'm on toy overload.  I've only written one article for CreatureCantina.com in the last 6 months.

But, you're right about the forum on RS.  Suddenly it's a huge thing when there are plenty of other sites out there already like TNI, Super Toy Archive, action-figure.com, ToyTraderz and 16bit.com.  Most of them are about new lines and that's one thing that makes TT unique.  You guys are covering vintage lines as well. 

It just points out that a lot of the modern guys on RS are either strictly SW fans or, for some reason, they can't break out of the RS.com community.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #3429 on: March 15, 2007, 10:04 PM »
I remember my dream now.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3430 on: March 15, 2007, 10:30 PM »
You've got to be ******* kidding me .....

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #3431 on: March 15, 2007, 10:38 PM »
You've got to be ******* kidding me .....

Yes, it's very out-of-character for P-Dubs to act like an ******* over such a minor thing.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3432 on: March 15, 2007, 10:51 PM »
I'd do it (if I could still post there) out of complete spite.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3433 on: March 15, 2007, 10:53 PM »
PW is an amateur.  The next person who thinks about posting in all caps is taking a month off here.   >:(

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3434 on: March 15, 2007, 11:13 PM »
That's completely ridiculous.  He's probably mad at all the bad mouthing GG is taking on his forums for their sketchy customer service and lack of response over the (potential) Obi-Wan statue fiasco brewing.