Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 583374 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Rebelscum Spam Mail? WTF???
« Reply #1080 on: March 29, 2005, 10:57 AM »
I was told to email Phillip - which I did.  No reply as of yet.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: March 29, 2005, 10:58 AM »
As good as it will get.  :-\

Offline D_B_B

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: March 29, 2005, 11:18 AM »
I was told to email Phillip - which I did.  No reply as of yet.

That comment from Dustin was funny to me as isn't emailing Philip what got you in this situation to begin with :).

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: March 29, 2005, 11:36 AM »
Pretty much, yep.  The reply was funny to me because it was so dismissive and rude and contradictory to the idea of a forum.  Much like everything else that's going on over there nowadays.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1084 on: March 29, 2005, 11:39 AM »
Emailing philip is all a ploy to get more emails.  It's a scam I tells ya!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: March 29, 2005, 11:42 AM »
At least I was smart enough to not use a third email address to send this email - I sent it from the work address that I know is already on his list, so it'd be really easy for him to know which one to take off of the list.

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: March 29, 2005, 11:47 AM »
You ever wonder what Dustin gets out of being Phillips bitch? He needs to grow a sack and call his boss out on this one.

DBB - care to fill us in on what happened over there with you?

Offline D_B_B

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: March 29, 2005, 12:23 PM »
You ever wonder what Dustin gets out of being Phillips bitch? He needs to grow a sack and call his boss out on this one.

DBB - care to fill us in on what happened over there with you?

OK......here's the deal.

I was told that my moderator duties were stripped and was told "not to take it the wrong way".  When I asked for an explanation, I was told that posting habits had been observed and it was felt that I should no longer be moderator.....and that was all that was going to be said about it.

I got no further explanation on the matter....which is pretty sad.  Being told "not to take it the wrong way" but yet I can't get the common respect of being told exactly why I was "let go" is pretty lame and not professional ( if you can even call something like this that ).  It's BS.  There's so many other members there that deserve to be disciplined but they get off without even a warning.

There's more to it that led up to the whole thing but I won't get into it here because unlike those involved I have the common courtesy not to disrespect others even if they deserve it.

From what I've been told by some is that I was liked as a member and a moderator.  Way better them some there.  Oh well....what can I say.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: March 29, 2005, 01:05 PM »
If you ask me, you're better off without the job - it's thankless and you have to work with a bunch of little kids and a-holes.  At one point I applied and all, but I'm honestly quite happy that I wasn't offered it.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: March 29, 2005, 01:11 PM »
Oh look at that. A lock.

The only reason I ever visit there is because I host CHEWIE's diorama and custom work, and I like to see peoples replies and reactions and such, because well, I had a small part in it. I also like to put my two cents in.

Bastards...

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #1090 on: March 29, 2005, 03:16 PM »
Looks like I missed some fun at the Scum last night.  I immediately popped over here because (sadly enough) I know this is still the only place you can come to discuss current events happening at Rebelscum freely these days.

Personally, the email itself didn't bother me.  I don't like spam, but this was a targeted advertisement about an event I plan to attend. That kind of "junk" mail doesn't really annoy me anymore than Google ads on sites I like to frequent.

Now, if Philip had sent us all penis enlargement pill emails, that would be another story.

I don't remember whether or not I ever had the opportunity to "opt out" of whatever mailing list I found myself a part of, but I don't think it makes me Philip's bitch if I am not really bothered by an email about a Star Wars sale I'm going to on Friday night.   

So he made a couple of bucks from TRU. Rebelscum has given me more than enough free entertainment in return for that ONE email. On the other hand, was I delighted?  Nah.  I just wasn't pissed like so many others were.  One junk email from a site I've been a member of for 3 years or so is really not that bad.

As for how it was handled after the fact, I thought THAT was the true insult.  The email itself didn't bug me, but the "**** you, leave if you don't like it" did.

That was surprising to see.

Got Clones?

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1091 on: March 29, 2005, 03:23 PM »
As for how it was handled after the fact, I thought THAT was the true insult.  The email itself didn't bug me, but the "**** you, leave if you don't like it" did.

Please don't forget the "Get a life" comment there Josh...   ;)

Yeah, the spam e-mail didn't bother me all that much.  I get plenty of them on a daily basis.  Heck, I originally thought that was directly from TRU when I saw it in there.  Didn't realize otherwise until the ****storm started brewing.

But it was the response from Philip that I found to be in completely poor taste.  God, it's infuriating watching how he treats his forum members there sometimes.  He should be embarrassed for the stuff he said, which was far worse IMO than Tommy calling a thread stupid, which essentially got him fired from the moderator gig.  Ironic that.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1092 on: March 29, 2005, 03:30 PM »
Why the hell do they close every feedback thread? No one was attacking Philip and he started acting like such a little bitch. What's the deal lately. The mods haven't closed a single thread unless it is a feedback thread or one where DBB was a big contributor (the DVD and "What Movie Did you watch today" threads) There are countless duplicate threads being posted in the Toy sections and the Mods don't even care. In the last 2 weeks they have destroyed their reputation, pissed a lot of people off, all with out an explaination. >:(
"This is the way."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: March 29, 2005, 03:44 PM »
Not to mention the now 30 hours of silence to my legitimate question...

No email reply as of yet.  I'm going to have to contact TRU about this crap if I don't hear from him soon.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1094 on: March 29, 2005, 04:03 PM »
The thread was closed with no answer for you or an expalination and then when you start a new thread re-asking it they just tell you to mail Philip. Make sure you use an E-mail address where you don't mind spam. ::) He'll probably find a way to steal your address book too.
"This is the way."