Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 586582 times)

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Rebelscum Spam Mail? WTF???
« Reply #1170 on: March 31, 2005, 12:37 AM »
Hey Famine....don't forget the EU Figures Section that's really just a place for people to post "Hey! I Have No Idea What I'm Doing Here! Isn't The CW Cartoon Cool?!"

Ugh. They really need to get their act together.

Offline The Collector

• Youngling
  • Behold! I am The Collector!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: March 31, 2005, 12:43 AM »
**DON'T FORGET TO $TOP BY TRU FOR MIDNIGHT MADNE$$!**

Offline The Collector

• Youngling
  • Behold! I am The Collector!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: March 31, 2005, 12:47 AM »
You can't post what movies you watched today, but you can post pictures of Star Wars potatoes. ::)

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1106897&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#Post11070941106897

And by Dustin no less. I wouldn't be surprised if this was made a sticky topic.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #1173 on: March 31, 2005, 03:12 AM »
That tool Dustin made a post regarding the Early Bird set. It was about an online auction, and it actually had the figure pictures with it.

Well, he didn't link to it, and I searched ebay high and low, and didn't find it, so I say he's full of **** and talking out his ass.

To misquote the movie Rain Man, "Dude, RS sucks."
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1174 on: March 31, 2005, 04:02 AM »
I always thought that Dustin was one of the few cool/decent guys over at RS, and never really had much of a problem with him before.  Though I knew he was Philip's right hand man, I was always under the assumption that Dustin was still his own man however.

But apparently you guys have been right all along.  He's very much 50 feet up Philip's ass, and will continue to play his bitch for a long time to come I think, since Philip doesn't seem too interested in addressing most issues over there anymore.  I feel rather sorry for Dustin actually, since I'm sure he knows deep down that he's working for a total prick, who's completely screwed over much of the collecting community, and could care less about them outside of what they can contribute to his pocketbook...

And it's still total bull**** that Philip even has those forums in the first place, since they got handed to him on a silver platter by Mike at GH when they merged several years ago.  Prior to that, RS had the "Rebel Lounge", which had all of about 20 or so members in it, and now look what a post whore machine it's turned into...  ::)

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: March 31, 2005, 05:09 AM »
Speaking of kids....What a great time for this thread... :-\

EDIT: Nice try Darth Kenobi, but your thread was.........DELETED. :-X
« Last Edit: March 31, 2005, 05:12 AM by Jediknight760071 »

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: March 31, 2005, 07:20 AM »
Now see, that kid's a dumbass. As are all the RS suck up members (even though I sorta was one when I was..uh, 12).

And welcome to all those that have finally left RS. You're that much better for it.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2005, 07:21 AM by Vator »
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Xander

• Jedi Initiate
  • She-mantis, Ampata, Anya…a true demon magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: March 31, 2005, 08:25 AM »
Well this whole situation has been rather eye-opening.  (More so than GNT's annoying that's posted for every little thing.)

"Get a life" - that's the turning point for me.  And all these bannings?  How long before Martha Stewart's gone?  I detected some thoughtfulness in those posts, so it looks like curtains for him(her). Geez, ROTS is really bringing out the best in everybody.  Wuher's has dwindled down to nothing. I can't get any good info in the ROTS section from all the speculation. What else is there?  Vintage always has good info from the hardcore crowd, but they might as well be their own forum anyway.

I'll say this, I read JD a lot more than I post here. (I don't want to bring the place down.)

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: March 31, 2005, 10:32 AM »
Dustin's over here as we speak, more than likely reading this very thread. How about you take this opportunity to prove you aren't just Phil's puppet as so many people think and admit he was dead wrong with how he's been treating his members.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: March 31, 2005, 11:03 AM »
Dustin's over here as we speak, more than likely reading this very thread. How about you take this opportunity to prove you aren't just Phil's puppet as so many people think and admit he was dead wrong with how he's been treating his members.

Can't do that, the honorable Mr. Wise might read it too. :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1180 on: March 31, 2005, 11:11 AM »
It would be hilarious (and painfully obvious what would happen) for Dustin to speak his mind here.  It'd no doubt cost him his gig over there so there is no way he'd say anything here.

It is fun to watch all the traffic here though... quite a few of RS's mods/admins have been over here for a look-see and no doubt are discussing this ****-storm over in their secret admin forums.

I still think that the SPAM mail sucked, but I understand it was a part of the "business" side of RS.  I get that - money is the end reason for actions over at RS now, not the users.  It's a hobby that became a business.

I just think it was pretty crappy to tell off his forum members the way he did with a "if you don't like it you can go home" attitude.  Very un-professional, but I guess if I had to deal with all the dumbasses over there on a regular basis like he does, my patience would be worn thin too.   :P

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: March 31, 2005, 11:42 AM »
It is fun to watch all the traffic here though... quite a few of RS's mods/admins have been over here for a look-see and no doubt are discussing this ****-storm over in their secret admin forums.

Which is kinda funny, 'cause I tried to access their forums to see what all the hoopla was about, I was able to get in last night and read a few threads, but this morning I tried to go back and finish up my reading and my account has been locked or deleted.

Huh?

I haven't posted there in months, hell I've barely posted here in months (and I'm a staff member here) - but suddenly my account has been locked.

Oh well, **** 'em.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: March 31, 2005, 11:56 AM »
This is rich

What a silly way to handle things.  I can only hope those guys aren't parents, because their kids are going to grow up and be pretty darn weird.  I'm sorry, but a feedback and suggestion forum needs discussion, not a single opinion on what constitutes a valid answer. ::) 

I really don't spend much time there and I admit I followed this thread, but never really went to see the hoopla.  It's unfortunate I did, it reminds me why I visit only the vintage and BST sections over there.  Yikes. 

Has ruling with an iron fist ever proven productive (or constructive, for that matter) in history?  I suppose for a short period of time, but all Empires run that way crumble in time.  I guess it's fairly critical right now to maintain order though, this may be the last, big run at bringing in corporate dollars.  If Scott's assessment is correct, and I suspect it is at least to a certain degree, RS will probably shut it's doors within a year simply because of lost financial opportunities.  This is the last movie, so you gotta make what you can while you can.  Fans are fickle and clearly the hardcore, long term fans are not terribly important.  More malleable minds bring in more dollars, one would suppose.

tick.....tick.....tick....
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Infamy Of Crete

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Mellars
« Reply #1183 on: March 31, 2005, 12:31 PM »
Morgbug-

I stated the samething over at GH Star wars will never be hotter than it is right now and continue for about 6 months after the releaase of the film. Slowly the influx of newbies to fansites will die and those of us who are in it for the long haul will still  remain. I find it strange the some how  a collective of fans get's this notion yet a "Webmaster" of a uh hum, "Fan Based" site doesn't get it . I've worked next to him at toyfairs and I've even jumped news  on him when I was working for CSW. He's a turd in a punch bowl. How bad do you want that punch. I'll pass.  I can tell You Steve(sir) is a lot nicer than he is. But I digress I've said this for years about Phillip I think it just my time to sit back and enjoy what's unraveling. 

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #1184 on: March 31, 2005, 12:32 PM »
Sorry to hear you got banned, Matt. If you really had your account locked for something you said over here, that's pretty weird.  I mean, if someone from RS is actually reading this stuff and taking it seriously enough to ban you over there for it.....why not simply reply to the topic and explain the situation?

Peronally, I still don't think this mail was NEARLY big enough a deal for the ****storm that followed it.  The mail didn't  even bother me.....and actually, I still don't get why people are so bent out of shape about it.

But Yeah, Philip's "Get a life" thing was really uncalled for, and yeah, and apology to those of you he offended would be nice.   I know I've said some things over there I've apologized for over the years.

Still, I can't join the mini-mutiny going on. I still like RS too much to quit just because some of my fellow collectors did too.   I simply wish you good luck over here, and I'll check up on you in the Junkyard from now on!~

Got Clones?