Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 583279 times)

Offline Infamy Of Crete

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Mellars
Re: Rebelscum Spam Mail? WTF???
« Reply #1185 on: March 31, 2005, 12:56 PM »
Joshee
THink about your own circumstance for a moment. If you are like me in the least you become concerned who is doing what with your personal information. I have emailed phillip with my real email account before and I prefer not to have that publicized. I'm concerned for Rob(KBZ) because it's a complete infringement of his rights.  The email was never for public consumption and subsequent sold as such. This is  more relevant to  how reckless the act was and the subsequent reaction afterwards. It's a completely unethical busines practice . As a business owner I would never do that to my customer base I have even strickter laws governing  me because I have to abide by the HIPAA agreement.   Phillip completly  misread his target market...it should cost him something after all he received financial gain from it.

Next it's reckless because look at how much bandwidth and time his actions have consumed  on other websites simply because he won't respond or let people react at his own website. His action have cost other people time and money. He should be held accountable. Am I biased, yes I am, is it because of my own personal expereinces, you betcha.   

Your right though some of the subcultures like the vintage section is an excellent community and it ashame it has to be tied to that site.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2005, 01:02 PM by Infamy Of Crete »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Banned from Rebelscum?
« Reply #1186 on: March 31, 2005, 12:56 PM »
I think I got banned from them, and I don't know why.  When I click on the forums, I get the following message now -

Your account has been banned or locked jedidefender.com

Has anyone experienced a similar problem?  I would have thought that if I did something there to make someone mad, I would have at least recived a warning...

Don't know what to do... I love it here and there too, I just can't believe I would get banned from there...

If anyone sees anything posted in the forums there with a mod mad at me, please let me know so I will know who locked me from there!

Thank you!!

:P

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1187 on: March 31, 2005, 01:07 PM »
So now they are banning JD members and staff members for no reason?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1188 on: March 31, 2005, 01:14 PM »
So now they are banning JD members and staff members for no reason?

Yes, it would appear that it's house cleaning time over at RS and many who have preached the word of JD are being shown the door - CHEWIE, J-MAC, jokabofe, etc...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #1189 on: March 31, 2005, 01:16 PM »
Joshee
THink about your own circumstance for a moment. If you are like me in the least you become concerned who is doing what with your personal information. I have emailed phillip with my real email account before and I prefer not to have that publicized. I'm concerned for Rob(KBZ) because it's a complete infringement of his rights.  The email was never for public consumption and subsequent sold as such

I am thinking about my own circumstance. I got the email too. Now granted, I only received it at one address (even though I've emailed Philip from just about every address I've got over the years)....but the fact that I got some spam does not really bother me.
Got Clones?

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: March 31, 2005, 01:20 PM »
CHEWIE, you got banned because of your signature, no doubt.

You had jedidefender.com in your sig, and for them, that just wont do.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1191 on: March 31, 2005, 01:30 PM »
Yep.  The true reasons behind Philip's madness are becoming all too apparent now.  This has NOTHING to do with breaking any of their forum rules, but has everything to do with his disdain over JediDefender here.  That's what it all boils down to.

For him to summarily ban any folks affiliated with JD for no valid reason whatsoever is absolutely insane.  Banning Dave/jokabofe who hadn't made a peep over there for quite a while?  At least Dave's on staff here, but banning Justin/CHEWIE too, 'cause he had a JD link in his sig (which has been there for quite some time mind you), that's just appalling.

I'd love to see who else is on the chopping block now.  I've seen JD in a number of sigs and posts over there, so I suppose any one of those folks have the strong potential to get the boot as well.

Hmm...  I wonder if Philip's going to start banning any of the GH guys too, just because.  Somehow I doubt that one though, as they've got a bit lower profile around RS than we do these days.

So, does this mean that Philip will now be adding into his completely phony Forum Rules that any mention of or link to JediDefender constitutes a full ban (not just a suspension and warning).  He sure better be...

Damned idiotic old man.  ::)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1192 on: March 31, 2005, 01:32 PM »
CHEWIE, you got banned because of your signature, no doubt.

The question is, did Justin ever even get a warning about this, or did anyone ever just politely ask him to remove his signature link?  Or was it just another insta-ban, with no explanation whatsoever?

Totally ****** up if Justin was never even given a chance.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: March 31, 2005, 01:44 PM »
I think if Justin did get a warning, he would have complied. He's on of the coolest laid back guys around.

This sucks major dick. >:(

I do hope I meet dear old Phil because I will tell him what I think of him, no matter how many 501st guys are with him as "security". (No hate towards the 501st.

Kevin

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: March 31, 2005, 01:48 PM »
Sheesh - talk about thin ice....

No warning, and because of a months old link that suddenly isn't appreciated?

We're hitting new lows every day it would seem.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1195 on: March 31, 2005, 01:59 PM »
Yep.  The true reasons behind Philip's madness are becoming all too apparent now.  This has NOTHING to do with breaking any of their forum rules, but has everything to do with his disdain over JediDefender here.  That's what it all boils down to.

For him to summarily ban any folks affiliated with JD for no valid reason whatsoever is absolutely insane.  Banning Dave/jokabofe who hadn't made a peep over there for quite a while?  At least Dave's on staff here, but banning Justin/CHEWIE too, 'cause he had a JD link in his sig (which has been there for quite some time mind you), that's just appalling.

I'd love to see who else is on the chopping block now.  I've seen JD in a number of sigs and posts over there, so I suppose any one of those folks have the strong potential to get the boot as well.

Hmm...  I wonder if Philip's going to start banning any of the GH guys too, just because.  Somehow I doubt that one though, as they've got a bit lower profile around RS than we do these days.

So, does this mean that Philip will now be adding into his completely phony Forum Rules that any mention of or link to JediDefender constitutes a full ban (not just a suspension and warning).  He sure better be...

Damned idiotic old man.  ::)

He banned CHEWIE?? What the ****?1? I think Philip has officially lost it. CHEWIE has never done anything to deserve that. I am about ready to make a full time move here, I'm really sick of all the crap going on there recently, and all the new members who are either illiterate red-necks, or 6 year olds.

I heard Justin just left and told them to remove him, he wasn't banned.
"This is the way."

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: March 31, 2005, 02:04 PM »
Feel free to make the jump. 8)

I find this absolutley retarded to no end.

Kevin

SilverZ

« Reply #1197 on: March 31, 2005, 02:06 PM »
I don't have a lot to say about RS, having avoided posting there since late '02, but none of what is going on surprises me in the least. The staff and administration behavior is right on-par with the maturity level of most of the conversation that takes place in their forums. I don't think it should shock anyone that they behave childishly and even spiteful when confronted with actual problems.

It’s very unfortunate since there are valuable sections and content there, and the good guys that post with intelligent, valuable information get lost in countless posts with no substance, maturity, or direction. I can’t get over the fact that they’ve chosen to drive the site’s culture towards the lowest common denominator and shown absolute contempt towards its many good contributers on the boards.

Regarding the initial TRU spam email, I wasn’t bothered either, since it hit two of my AOL accounts, which are nothing but spam collectors anyway. No big deal. However – if it had hit a work address I would be extremely upset, as it would have set off alarm bells like crazy. The last thing I’d want is attention being drawn to my personal interests or it be eluded to that I’m focusing on those during work, or associating the company’s name with potential spam lists.

My last company had RS blocked anyway, most likely being caught in a filter as “Rebels ***”.

- J

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1198 on: March 31, 2005, 02:10 PM »
I heard Justin just left and told them to remove him, he wasn't banned.

SLC, Justin = CHEWIE.  Were you referring to the other Justin (JediKnight760071)?

'Cause Justin/CHEWIE said (above) that he very much was surprised to open their forum only to find out he'd been inexplicably banned.  He definitely didn't just leave of his own accord...

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #1199 on: March 31, 2005, 02:12 PM »
I do hope I meet dear old Phil because I will tell him what I think of him, no matter how many 501st guys are with him as "security". (No hate towards the 501st.

Yeah. Be nice to the 501st. While I'm not "working" this show (I can't see spending hundreds of dollars to travel to Indianapolis to get in my armor and pull badge checking duty).....I do respect all the guys who are spending most of their time at the Con working.  Me, I prefer to enjoy the con, and when I'm running around in my armor it'll be "off the clock"

I'll never understand the guys that travel all the way there to do the equivalent of a security guard's job, but I think those are some devoted guys.
Got Clones?