Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 587367 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Rebelscum Spam Mail? WTF???
« Reply #1215 on: March 31, 2005, 04:02 PM »
Wow...so because you work for JD you've been shown the door

Yes, the PM that I received inferred that because I am JD Staff I was no longer welcome, simple as that.

I won't lose any sleep over it though, that's for sure...

Jeff

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: March 31, 2005, 04:05 PM »
Ruiner asked:

Are the PM's monitored?  I mean, can a mod or administrator read them if he/she really wanted to?  I'm thinking so.

No, they can't.  At least not when I was a moderator.  I also run a set of boards for my local 501st group and that's a right I don't have there.

PM is PM.
  ;D
Wrong. I had admin access on a forum, which included access to everyones' PMs. I wouldn't trust sensitive info to the PM system on ANY website.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1217 on: March 31, 2005, 04:07 PM »
A member over at RS Matkatmandu or something started a thread claiming he got lava vader's early and was going to sell it on ebay to pay for MM. JediMac and I as well as a couple other guys started calling him a scalper (rightfully so I might add) and he got all pissy. He reported Mac (and maybe some others) to Philip and claimed the JD guys were "a dime a dozen" and were all coming after him, I think he may have asked for your banning. He told me that Philip told him only JD staff would be banned, so apparently this has been in the works for a few days. Philip apparently thinks everyone who has an RS acount and a JD account is staff here so he went ban happy. >:( ::)
"This is the way."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1218 on: March 31, 2005, 04:10 PM »
So can we get a tally of who's been banned over this?

banned

JediMAC
Nataku
jokabofe
CHEWIE

Asked to be deleted:

Darth Kenobi
Famine
Jediknight760071

Left on their own:

Sith Lord Chaos
ruiner

Good PR moves all around, especially with C3 and Midnight Madness and Episode III Coming out.  I wonder what TRU and Lucasfilm will think about all of this?  I wouldn't be too happy one of my promoters and business partners treats their customers like ****.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1219 on: March 31, 2005, 04:12 PM »
i LEFT OWN MY OWN BUT i'M PROBABLY GOING TO GET ABNNED OR DELETED.

Or I'm going to hit caps lock and not notice until I'm done typing. ::)
"This is the way."

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: March 31, 2005, 04:16 PM »
Dustinme:"Philakin, whats wrong?"

Philakin:"I banned them. I banned them all."

Dustinme:"Oh, Phil!"

Philakin:"And not just the JDers, but the veterans, and useful members too. They're losers and I banned them like losers!"

Jesus.

Oh, and I wasn't deleted, oh no, I was banned, not delted per my request, says the website.

Also, didn't Phil comment that anyone who buys more than one figure to help out another member is a scalper? But it's fine and flippin' dandy to get an exclusive early and then list it on ebay and charge rediculous prices for it?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: March 31, 2005, 04:17 PM »
For anyone wondering, I did not get a warning, just a straight up ban.  

Wow, this is unreal.  So many good people getting kicked out of there without a good reason.

To me this is very sad.  There is no reason to divide the Star Wars community like this.

I feel like someone just kicked me in the stomach.

:(

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: March 31, 2005, 04:18 PM »
Revolution? You guys make an compelling case. I may just have to start posting over here more often.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1223 on: March 31, 2005, 04:22 PM »
Another thought I've been having is this smacks of pre Episode I when SSG was having ISE problems out the ass.  SSG was THE site on the net at the time and when their forums turned to absolute garbage people left in a mass exodus for the forums that are now Rebelscums

I just wish there was a time machine to turn back the clock and knock some sense into Sullenger circa 2002 :P

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: March 31, 2005, 04:24 PM »
Can you guys switch my tag to staff member just to see if I get banned? ;)

I think a key here will be to find out what happens to Dale.  Dale's a pretty straight up guy, hasn't said much, if anything, in this thread.  Better, he's a pretty damn knowledgeable guy with respect to vintage stuff, possibly in that upper echelon of vinty folks, primarily hanging out at RS.  

While I agree that banning anyone with associations to JD is absurd, it would be pretty much a travesty for Dale and a serious blow as well if that happens to his personal activities.  Hopefully that won't happen, for Dale's sake.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: March 31, 2005, 04:25 PM »
I can't believe all this.  It's like there was a meeting where the Corleone's decided to wipe out the heads of the five families ;D.  Chewie, I'm especially shocked about your case.  You're about the nicest guy posting over there, as was JediMac and many others.  While I haven't been banned, my Movie thread was locked after a couple thousand posts and four versions, for no reason at all.  I plan to hang out here more, and I'm sorry that it had to be because of RS changes ;)
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Infamy Of Crete

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Mellars
« Reply #1226 on: March 31, 2005, 04:27 PM »
Scott those were the good ole'days.  The days of Tammy and  and of course E-z Cheese. I miss forum members sliding down stars in carbords boxes and of course Dennis the phantom menacne and his twelve episode one yoda's debacle. Oh how I miss captain panaka I miss having to moderate the forums he posted in and how he would wax poetic about star wars .....panaka where are  you?  

Chewie-
 You shouldn't feel kicked in the stomach you should actually feel like Phillip did you a favor. I'm sure he sees it that way. He's our moral entreprenuer after all.  
« Last Edit: March 31, 2005, 04:29 PM by Infamy Of Crete »

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #1227 on: March 31, 2005, 04:33 PM »
As dorky as it sounds, I have to say it...

I've always looked at Phil as one of those chubby Toydarian politicians in the Galactic Senate - he's a straight-up businessman, a greedy, stubborn, selfish, businessman.

Now I see him differently. Now I see him as something of an angry, tyranical Sith Lord, trying his damnedest to purge the community of the Jedi.

I hate that some of you guys have been banned/deleted simply because of your affiliation with this website - but truthfully, it's something I've seen as an inevitability.

Just know that being banned from Rebelscum is far from a blemish on your "image" in this community. Not in my opinion. Instead, it's more like a badge of honor, if you ask me.

Welcome to the club.

::)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: March 31, 2005, 04:36 PM »
I'm  with you Matt and Chewie. I'm going to start posting my customs here and ffurg instead of rebelscum.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1229 on: March 31, 2005, 04:38 PM »
So can we get a tally of who's been banned over this?

banned

JediMAC
Nataku
jokabofe
CHEWIE

Asked to be deleted:

Darth Kenobi
Famine
Jediknight760071

Left on their own:

Sith Lord Chaos
ruiner

You should add yourself to that list as well Scott, since you were technically the first casualty in this supposed site war that Philip apparently thinks is going on...

Would someone who still has an account at RS kindly reply to this stupid scalping jackass and tell him, Matkatnadam, that my banning had absolutely nothing to do with calling him out as a scalper, and everything to do with me being a staff member here at JD, and for talking **** about RS, Philip, and Dustin over here at JD?  Half their board was yelling at him for scalping, and no one else was banned over the matter.

Since I'm rather annoyed with Philip's bull**** attitude right now, what I can't believe, is that after I forwarded most of Matkatnadam's PMs to Philip (and Dustin) the other day, so he could see the disgusting **** he was flooding my inbox with, Philip's response was that he could care less, very akin to his "Get a life" comment to his members the other day.  Here's one sterling example of what Matkatnadam sent me, regarding me and the rest of the JD'ers, that Philip (and Dustin) completely condoned:

I call you and your friends **** because that's about the maturity level that I find you on.  I'm far too mature to engage in a battle of the wits "my dad can beat up your dad" game with a 12-year old in a 34 year old body.  My 2 year old is far more grownup than you are, and he still pees in the bathtub.  Calling you a *** seems to be the only thing you respond to so maybe it's necessary.

Yeah, that's mature stuff from Matkatnadam there alright.  I have about 10 more that are quite similar to that one too, all of which Philip was in complete and total support of.  I'm pretty sure there's some stuff in their forum rules about crap like this, not that they care at all...  ::)

I can't for the life of me figure out why there's still adult members in the collecting community who would actually want to hang out over at RS (speaking primarily of the modern figure and Wuher's boards here).  Yeah, yeah - I know - there's a billion posts to read there.  Just sad that quantity and total zoo-like insanity still matters more to some people than quality, respect, and friendships...  :-\