Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 589451 times)

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Rebelscum Spam Mail? WTF???
« Reply #1260 on: March 31, 2005, 06:25 PM »
I sent an email right after it happened to Dustin, and then Philip emailed me about it.  

I have just been reinstated, but still feel like this is a stain on the collecting community as so many people got the axe there that it just isn't funny.  And some people asked to be removed too.

There are some things that go on there that I don't like, so from now on the only posting I will probably do there will be in the customs and the trades section.  There are some good members there and I don't want to lose touch with them (but it seems like quite a few have made the switch to here).  I personally don't have a problem with anyone there, but the whole witch-hunt thing just makes me sick and leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth.

That being said, instead of 10% of my posts going here and 90% there, it will probably switch to 90% being here.  You guys are the best and I couldn't imagine not being part of the community here.

I know, some people will ask "Why would you even want to be reinstated after that????"  Only because there are some members there that I do like a lot; and I don't want to give up my friendship with them because of this - and mostly because I enjoy talking about customs over there.  I love it here even more, but I do wish there was some more traffic in our customs section.  

Trust me though, this is now my true home.

:P

I'm feeling the same way at the moment.  I could get over the Spam although I took issue with the get-a-life stuff and the presence of my work email on the list... okay, we move on - but then banning all of these guys who had nothing to do with anything (yourself included) is beyond absurd.  Even if you are reinstated it's too little too late.  I'd prefer not to be banned over there for the same reasons you just gave - there are some good people there I'd like to keep in touch with, but my posting at Rebelscum will probably be limited to the local-finds section from here on out.

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: March 31, 2005, 06:39 PM »
And now the "Missing member" thread is missing.  The last post being posted by your friend Matt, Mr. Lava Scapler, saying how you will be back under a new name in no time, you "are probally already there now". 

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: March 31, 2005, 06:45 PM »
Wow - can't even talk about missing the people who have been terminated now? 

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: March 31, 2005, 06:46 PM »
And now the "Missing member" thread is missing.  The last post being posted by your friend Matt, Mr. Lava Scapler, saying how you will be back under a new name in no time, you "are probally already there now". 
No, the last post had a bad Photoshop of Wise. I think that's likely what did it.

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: March 31, 2005, 06:48 PM »
No, the last post had a bad Photoshop of Wise. I think that's likely what did it.

That probally was it, I just new that that one post about Matt was the last I saw.  I guess who ever put the photo shop up is now going to be missing too. 

Welcome to the club, whoever you are.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: March 31, 2005, 06:48 PM »
I think I know who made the pic...
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: March 31, 2005, 06:52 PM »
It was posted by "PDub". I got a screen shot of the post before it disappeared. It went quick. LOL

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1267 on: March 31, 2005, 07:00 PM »
Well, I don't blame you for wanting to keep contact with friends CHEWIE, and I can see your wanting your account open.  Like Matt often did at Rebelscum, I think it's a good trading community...  I have my likes of it.

And I'm not hell-bent against their staff either...  I think Mark is a cool guy, Dan Curto's cool too and a co-hort of mine over at FFURG.com...  I've even had fair and personable dealings with Philip, despite the things being said of him, but I also can observe that Philip was out of line (whether his site or not) by disrespecting such a large and obviously upset group of people.  Dismissing the feelings of an individual, at times, can be excused...  But dismissing the feelings of a large, and upset group, plus adding insult to their perceived injury, is not tactful or even commonly polite.

Of course, this is all just my opinion on something I can't change.

There's very few people I'd put on my list that I "hate".  Even fewer whom I have never met and know only as a persona online...  Those I often just dislike and think very little off, or simply have no respect for them to act a way online one knows they'd never act if you met them in person.  

Philip Wise I don't hate, despite the things said here, nor Dustin (who I know even less really), but my opinion stands that this is a poorly handled situation on Rebelscum's part...  Their site is nice, and I check Scum daily at least, but their forums seem like a secondary level of importance to them, and to basically insult such a large group of people (unnecessarilly) is just not good form.  

Scum has some conversations I enjoy but those become fewer by the month I find.  This whole mess, and a mess it certainly is, has only added to my dwindling opinion of the forum there I'm afraid.  Before it was being concerned at how there was never any punishment to the "trolls" that reside there, but now it's down to the entire way the site is run, and even what I consider an abuse of their power...  Glad you got let back in CHEWIE, but to me the damage is done as far as how I see the forum there.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: March 31, 2005, 07:04 PM »
I agree, the damage is done.  And I don't see any way they can ever justify people who never said or did anything being kicked out of there.

My postings there will be limited to just the customizing probably.  Sad to see this happen.

Offline D_B_B

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: March 31, 2005, 07:11 PM »
I agree, the damage is done.  And I don't see any way they can ever justify people who never said or did anything being kicked out of there.

My postings there will be limited to just the customizing probably.  Sad to see this happen.

So you're account is back on RS?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: March 31, 2005, 07:15 PM »
I was a little upset to get that spam myself.  I'm surprised and disappointed to see that it erupted into something like this.  Phillip really needs to learn what customer service is.

Frankly, I think that Phillip abused the trust that people placed in his care by sharing email addresses like this.  There should be an express notification AND choice when registering for an account at the RS forums where you can decided whether or not you want to receive promotional offers from that site's business partners.  A lot of websites a lot bigger than RS do this and to their credit it's a good way of doing business.  They understand that their customers want privacy and don't want to be bogged down in spam.  Unfortunately, it seems that Phillip is more interested in money than in the privacy and spam protection of the membership.  Actions like the email that were sent, and his poor handling of criticism related to it are not a good business practice, but even moreso they're not in the spirit of a collecting community.  Shame on Phillip Wise and shame on Rebelscum.

And FYI, I just subtly bombed a thread there to show my displeasure with how Officialpix just snuck in a $5 charge for every photo at the Celebration 3 autograph pavillion.  I guess I'll start counting down to my own banning there now.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2005, 07:18 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1271 on: March 31, 2005, 07:21 PM »
The last post being posted by your friend Matt, Mr. Lava Scapler, saying how you will be back under a new name in no time, you "are probally already there now".

Nope.  If I was back in there as a sock, you most certainly would've known it.  I have a hard time sitting idle when fools (Philip, Jimbo, Katmandu) are lying out of their asses left and right.  Folks would've definitely known if I had hopped back into the mix there, especially that homophobe scalper Katmandu.

Now like I was saying earlier, regarding liars...

As for Jimbo suggesting he hasn't given me a second thought since we had to ban him from JD here long ago, that's absolutely laughable.  He's posted about me incessantly at sites like The Jawa and Trade Fed, where I wasn't even a member.  He even thanked me personally in his main page news post at Trade Fed (after we hadn't even corresponded in months), when he returned to that site since he was banned from all the rest at the time.

Here's a couple snippets showing how often Jimbo "doesn't" think of me:

Jimmy_'s Trade Fed reintroduction  (after we hadn't chatted in several months)

It's been a little while since I've been around serving you up some fresh pipping hot news... but all that is about to change.  I'm officially back and ready to help my bud Sharon Bronson and the familia known as the Trade Federation out (as well as you the readers) with all the latest and greatest Star Wars news you can fit on your plate. blah, blah, blah...

Also thanks to people like my bud Matt Coleman for making this that much more meaningful.

Here's his signature line at The Jawa, from a PM of mine to him:

Jimmy_'s Jawa Profile (must log in to view it)

"It's been said that I am...

"the most unhappy, angry, ego-maniacal, and pathetic member of the entire online collecting community (and greater society as a whole)"

My parents would be proud..."

Just a couple little nuggets, from the many.  Yep, he's not thinking about me at all...  :P  The admiration is mutual, James Souza!  My soulmate...   :-*

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: March 31, 2005, 07:29 PM »
Here's his signature line at The Jawa, from a PM of mine to him:

Jimmy_'s Jawa Profile (must log in to view it)

"It's been said that I am...

"the most unhappy, angry, ego-maniacal, and pathetic member of the entire online collecting community (and greater society as a whole)"

My parents would be proud..."

Just a couple little nuggets, from the many.  Yep, he's not thinking about me at all...  :P  The admiration is mutual, James Souza!  My soulmate...   :-*

Don't drag the Jawa into your tiff with Jimmy_.  Jimmy_ is his own person and hasn't been active with us for about 6 months or more.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: March 31, 2005, 07:31 PM »
Just a little shout out to the staff here since Phillip removed Jedidefenders link at Rebelscum it would seem only fair to remove his link on here since most sites put up each other links as favors for each other.  SInce it is apperant that they is no love between the sites then I don't see why there is a link to Rebelscum here.
Just my 2 cents

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: March 31, 2005, 07:32 PM »
It was posted by "PDub". I got a screen shot of the post before it disappeared. It went quick. LOL

PDub...certainly not PDubs of the Sith...he's been with me for most of the day, and he doesnt post at all anymore.

Weird.

You cant veiw the forum anymore, I see.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...