Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 583384 times)

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Rebelscum Spam Mail? WTF???
« Reply #1275 on: March 31, 2005, 07:34 PM »
It was posted by "PDub". I got a screen shot of the post before it disappeared. It went quick. LOL

PDub...certainly not PDubs of the Sith...he's been with me for most of the day, and he doesnt post at all anymore.

Weird.

You cant veiw the forum anymore, I see.

Kevin
I can't view that post but can get in to other areas fine so I think it is just that thread.

Edit:  This goes to Zod's post below.  When I reply to sender my email bounced back to me so it wouldn't of work it seems.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2005, 07:48 PM by Darth Kenobi »

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: March 31, 2005, 07:41 PM »
Oh. I have some interesting news, if I can find a link, about a certain service you can pay for that floods back spam to spammers 20 fold. I heard about it on the news a few days ago.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: March 31, 2005, 07:42 PM »
It was posted by "PDub". I got a screen shot of the post before it disappeared. It went quick. LOL

You'd think they could just delete the post in question and not the ENTIRE thread...  ::)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: March 31, 2005, 07:44 PM »
Oh. I have some interesting news, if I can find a link, about a certain service you can pay for that floods back spam to spammers 20 fold. I heard about it on the news a few days ago.

Kevin

Most of the time SPAM is sent from addresses that are either unable to accept email or are unused after the mass emailings.  Also, most of the time requesting to have your name taken off of a SPAM email list only serves to confirm that your email is a valid one and you end up getting  a billion more crappy junk mails.

I'm sure that if something like that were done, Phillip could just delete freeze@rebelscum.com and create a new email address to send from the next time some toy company pays him out the whazoo to send out advertisements.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1279 on: March 31, 2005, 07:49 PM »
I heard about the spam flood thing myself.  I gotta assume that it's more sophisticated than just something that returns E-mails to the sender's address.  Maybe it can track the path of the E-mail and find the original server (though I figure most of those paths gotta be spoofed to begin with).  If they have something that can get past the spoofs... well then that'd be worth reporting on the news.

I wonder if there's a link floating around out there somewhere.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: March 31, 2005, 07:51 PM »
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1281 on: March 31, 2005, 07:52 PM »
Don't drag the Jawa into your tiff with Jimmy_.  Jimmy_ is his own person and hasn't been active with us for about 6 months or more.

I know that Nick.  I wasn't talking about theJawa personally.  I was just pointing out Jimmy_'s sig there.  Out of respect for you and most of theJawa crew, I refrained from posting all the public conversations he and Delvec had about me in your forums there when I wasn't around.  ;)

And Tom, 'Scum never had a link to us up on their site, and we've never had one back to them either.  I assume you're talking about the affilliate type buttons on the main page, right?

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1282 on: March 31, 2005, 07:57 PM »
You'd think they could just delete the post in question and not the ENTIRE thread...  ::)

LJ, Josh or Tommy can correct me on this if I'm wrong, but I don't think the RS forums have all the cool bells and whistles that ours have here.  We can pretty much do anything with member's posts/threads - we can merge them, split them, isolate single posts... pretty much everything, and quite unobtrusive to our members too.  Some very nifty features here, that really help to keep this forum organized and running smoothly, for sure.  8)

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: March 31, 2005, 07:57 PM »
Don't drag the Jawa into your tiff with Jimmy_.  Jimmy_ is his own person and hasn't been active with us for about 6 months or more.

I know that Nick.  I wasn't talking about theJawa personally.  I was just pointing out Jimmy_'s sig there.  Out of respect for you and most of theJawa crew, I refrained from posting all the public conversations he and Delvec had about me in your forums there when I wasn't around.  ;)

And Tom, 'Scum never had a link to us up on their site, and we've never had one back to them either.  I assume you're talking about the affilliate type buttons on the main page, right?
Matt,  on the left hand side of the main page where you have the fourm, chat room, etc buttons one of them is links.  If you click on that there is a RS link which takes you to RS.  I would post a screen shot of it if I knew how and had the time.

Edit: C3 is going to be fun now after this.  How many people here are going to get auto's.  I'm will probally get them but I was thinking about get the auto book for $200 and somethingt but decided against it after this.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2005, 08:00 PM by Darth Kenobi »

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: March 31, 2005, 08:01 PM »
You're right, the one feature that would totally help we dont have, the merge feature. That I would love to see, so much better on the eyes than to see all these locked threads!!! ;)
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent

Offline The Collector

• Youngling
  • Behold! I am The Collector!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: March 31, 2005, 08:09 PM »
>:( >:( >:( WHY HASN'T GNT BEEN BANNED YET? >:( >:( >:(

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: March 31, 2005, 08:10 PM »
Just a little shout out to the staff here since Phillip removed Jedidefenders link at Rebelscum it would seem only fair to remove his link on here since most sites put up each other links as favors for each other.  SInce it is apperant that they is no love between the sites then I don't see why there is a link to Rebelscum here.
Just my 2 cents

I'd like to think we can take the higher road and not sink to the petty level that has brought us to this point.   :)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2005, 08:11 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: March 31, 2005, 08:15 PM »
Even if they don't have a delete post function - I know there is an edit-post function and one could simply remove the item, ban the user, and leave the thread.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1288 on: March 31, 2005, 08:17 PM »
Matt,  on the left hand side of the main page where you have the fourm, chat room, etc buttons one of them is links.  If you click on that there is a RS link which takes you to RS.  I would post a screen shot of it if I knew how and had the time.

http://www.jedidefender.com/links.php

Thanks for pointing it out, I hadn't noticed that...

I'd like to think we can take the higher road and not sink to the petty level that has brought us to this point. :)

You'd think so, but when my ass gets banned for nothing more than being buds with JediMAC?

Gone.   :)

I just went in there and "updated" the page and dumped the RS linky...  8)

Jeff

« Last Edit: March 31, 2005, 08:18 PM by Nataku »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline The Collector

• Youngling
  • Behold! I am The Collector!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: March 31, 2005, 08:24 PM »
Phil doesn't give a rats ass about any of his members. Everyone should come here. Except GNT. Let him rot and rack up another 50000 posts this month.