Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 586356 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Rebelscum Spam Mail? WTF???
« Reply #1335 on: April 1, 2005, 03:24 PM »
I'm officially banned for doing not one thing wrong.  :)  Classic.

You can join the "nice JD guys who got banned" club with me and Dave, who also just like us got banned for simply being JD staff members!

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: April 1, 2005, 03:26 PM »
Jesse you got banned???? ??? You were nothing but courteous and respectful to all, I don't think you had a bad thing to say about anyone, and no one had but high respect and esteem for you as well. Sorry to see you go.

Posted by PW at Rebelscum:
"The link was removed today, as well as all Jedi Defender staff were advised they could no longer use the Rebelscum forum.

This was done after constant and repeated use of our forum by some of their staff to bash Rebelscum.
Which isn't very nice, nor acceptable.

They have their own forum to do this on if they see fit.

I consider Rebelscum to be a place where friends of ours can communicate. Some of these people have abused this consideration in a manner we can no longer allow.

This is all that will be said on the subject because it doesn't deserve conversation."

It seems as if all staff members will soon be banned over there since they work here.  SO I guess we need to see what happens to Zod and DSJ now since it seems those are the only two staff members that are not banned there.

« Last Edit: April 1, 2005, 03:27 PM by Darth Kenobi »

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: April 1, 2005, 03:30 PM »
PHIL! YOU SONOFAB*TCH! >:(

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1338 on: April 1, 2005, 03:59 PM »
I can't believe him. JJ you are of the nicest guys I have seen on any forum. You treat everyone with respect and are very curtious, even when you are being flamed. It is truly admirable. I don't think I have ever heard you say anything bad to anyone. Philip has lost ti completely if he thinks you and the other "nice" JD members are the root of all the "problems" at RS. In the last couple of days he has gotten rid of most of the members that held that community together. He is just shooting himself in the foot.
"This is the way."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1339 on: April 1, 2005, 04:01 PM »
Well, thanks for the kind words from you LJ and you Jess...  I appreciate that.

Honestly, I have lots of negative things to say about a handful of people at Rebelscum.com...  Generally the perpetual trolls there like TK-421_1/2, for instance, who is someone I've not respected from the first post I ever saw him make there....  There are others, and they'll be the first to tell you how much they dislike me too. :)  

The thing was that I didn't do anything but debate my difference of opinion with them, so my banning was unjust in every fashion.  I never trashed Rebelscum.com at their site, nor would I.  I thought it was a useful resource for what I used it for...  The sections I visited I enjoyed.  I even posted my reviews there and encouraged people to discuss them with me THERE in the post I made.  If anything, Philip should thank me for the effort, but that's apparantly not going to happen.  ;)

I'm not really worried about it though.  This is my home here...  It's my fun volunteering job too, and I know the people here are quality.  It's a place that I know that the rules are adhered to, and enforced, and that the community is just that...  This is a community.  This isn't a "for profit" business.  This isn't anything that anyone here does to make a name for themselves, they just put their heart into making it a real community for Star Wars fans/collectors.

I was never a person who cut all options off for himself though, and I appreciated Rebelscum, even if I felt it was run rather shoddy most of the time.  Now I just have my confirmation that whatever my opinion was (good or bad), that Rebelscum's in poor management hands.

I'm disappointed though, to say that I gave Philip more credit as a person really.  I've had correspondence with him and it's been nothing but cordial and polite when I have.  He even helped me obtain something I needed once.  I gave him respect that, after this incident, I realize wasn't wholely deserved on my part.  You can't expect people to be anything more than they are though...  

Like my grandmother would have said, "He's as nice as he knows how to be", which has turned out to be less than I'd thought of him.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1340 on: April 1, 2005, 04:03 PM »
BTW, Dave (jokabofe) is far more deserving of these feelings like you expressed SLC.  He really has never even raised anyone's dander there.  He's the kinda guy everyone has to respect and yet he was canned before me...  Apparantly being nice and quiet over there is bad, bad, bad.   

Arrogant, and obtaining 50,000 posts as quickly as possible at the expense of ANY level of quality is what Rebelscum admires perhaps?   ???
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1341 on: April 1, 2005, 04:16 PM »

Arrogant, and obtaining 50,000 posts as quickly as possible at the expense of ANY level of quality is what Rebelscum admires perhaps?   ???

Why the hell is he still around? They complain about post padding, theri own mod is worse than anyone else. He falmes member ands bickers all the time. I've seen him close other people's threads becasue he wanted to start his own on the same topic.
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: April 1, 2005, 04:19 PM »
I can't believe you got banned to JJ... I can't believe that anyone did.  I'm actually surprised that I got reinstated.  It might be a matter of time before I get kicked out of there for good.

Like I said before, the only thing I will post there from now on will be customs.  There are some great people there that I don't want to not be able to talk to anymore.

:P

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1343 on: April 1, 2005, 04:21 PM »
I can't believe you got banned to JJ... I can't believe that anyone did.  I'm actually surprised that I got reinstated.  It might be a matter of time before I get kicked out of there for good.

Like I said before, the only thing I will post there from now on will be customs.  There are some great people there that I don't want to not be able to talk to anymore.

I told them on RS that they should go to FFURG or come here to post their customs , but the thread was deleted when I got banned, so I don't think many saw it.
« Last Edit: April 1, 2005, 04:22 PM by Sith Lord Chaos »
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: April 1, 2005, 04:36 PM »
So... now they don't want people talking over at ffurg.com either then?

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: April 1, 2005, 04:44 PM »
I remember when a newbie asked "how many posts do I need to become a mod?". That was an unbiased assessment of rebelscum's current situation.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1346 on: April 1, 2005, 04:44 PM »
You can join the "nice JD guys who got banned" club with me and Dave, who also just like us got banned for simply being JD staff members!

Hey, I resent that!!!  >:(

;D

Can't believe they canned you Jess.  Have you talked to Dan about it at all?  Not that he'd have a say in the matter, but eventually I'd suspect that some of Philip's staff might want to speak up to the arrogant bastard.

I greatly fear for Dale's life there, 'cause I know he'll be extremely upset to lose his vintage priveleges there.  I'd hope the vintage community would raise a serious ****storm there if the axe drops on him as well.  But maybe if they did that, it would finally encourage Gus and the gang to set up some boards for the TRG site, and just move that whole group over there...

Sorry Jess.  Soon to be very sorry for Rob as well, probably.  But RS just lost one of it's alltime (we're talking Top 5 here) members by giving Jesse James the boot.  As much of a point as they're trying to make against JediDefender, they're really starting to hurt themselves.

Has anyone pointed out JJ's banning at RS yet?  He had a lot of friends and fans there that I'm sure would be more than interested in knowing this...  (not that the thread would survive for more than 5 minutes)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1347 on: April 1, 2005, 04:52 PM »

Hey, I resent that!!!  >:(

OK, you're a nice guy... you can be in our club too.  ;)

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: April 1, 2005, 05:03 PM »
So Dale and I are the last of the Mohicans eh?

Maybe this is just all one brilliantly executed April Fool's gag courtesy of the Rebelscum staff.  Yeah... that's the ticket.
« Last Edit: April 1, 2005, 05:06 PM by Kneel Before Zod »

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: April 1, 2005, 05:19 PM »
KBZ, you should get yourself banned. The less good members they have, the more screwed up it will be.