Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 588053 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Rebelscum Spam Mail? WTF???
« Reply #1350 on: April 1, 2005, 05:19 PM »
Oh JJ - I see that you don't get a long with TK-421-1/2... I know a lot of people argue with him and he sometimes says some stuff that seems out of line.  But I've always gotten along great with him.  He and I have several times been the only ones in a thread acting like real people while in argument with a bunch of newbies...

He's also a stand up guy when it comes to trades.... I've bought a lot of stuff off him in the past with every single transaction being 100% perfect.

He seems to hate it there, as he often says that it's not the place it used to be... if he came here I wonder if he would be welcome.  I always liked him.

Anyways, I bet Dale would be pissed if he got the axe too... wonder if it will happen or not.

How would you feel Zod if you got the axe too?

:P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1351 on: April 1, 2005, 05:47 PM »
Chewie,

If TK could interact well with the majority, fine, but he and I never see eye-to-eye it seems.  I'll be honest and say that I don't see how he could survive here if he kept up his "I am so sick of people complaining" rhetoric.  I'm just being honest with you, but he's very condescending towards anyone who does something like "wait for clearance" on things (saw him laughing at a guy over at scum who missed something because he waited...  What good does that serve anyone, to laugh at the guy, whether you agree with his decision to do so?)...  I know you don't agree with that either, but I also don't believe you'd antagonize (I'd hope not) in the process.  He tends to do that.

He's also a huge hatred of anything critical about Hasbro...  He was one of the chief antagonists when I proclaimed my disdain for Fleet Troopers as I recall...  He was quite vehement during the Saga run when product was shoddy at best.  I've always said of him that, "he acts like his check is cut by Hasbro themselves"...  So I dunno.  He's got rules to follow here that he may not like when it comes to how he's behaved over there, though I don't doubt he's a stand-up guy with trades and things.

Matt/everyone,

Don't worry about the ban, I'm not hurt by it, nor am I really even upset.  It trims my customizing viewing down, but my discussion there was limited lately anyway...  I did enjoy looking at people's works, but I've felt their customizing discussion was really nothing more than a lot of praise.  Most times critiquiing wasn't welcome even.

I won't really miss a lot there... 

Dan Curto's a nice fellow, but I won't put him in the place between Philip and I.  Really I don't even have Philip on an opposing side...  I was simply banned with no reason, so there's no debate to be had.  Dan's a good guy and I wouldn't put him out or anything.  He and I will still run into each other at FFURG's forums I'm sure at some point, or even at their chat maybe. 

If anything, I appreciated teh vintage area more (even though my lack of posting), and if I had any type of loss it'd be the same as Dale potentially.  I too would like to see Gus form a forum for just vintage.  To me that'd be ideal whether I was banned from Scum or not.  It'd be ideal for the hobby itself.

The nice thoughts really are appreciated.  I'm not so sure there's people left at Scum that were "on my side" though.  Not many at least I'd think...  I've made more than a few people upset with me in the past, and I never really cared of course, but I wouldn't expect them to feel bad that I'm gone.  Now they can tell people who complain to "shut up", and "Why don't you just quit the hobby since all you do is complain" all that they want.   ;D  Too bad for the guys left there though, yikes.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: April 1, 2005, 06:07 PM »
I guess that TK and I kinda share the same philosphy - if you like it, get it when you see it.  He may have a different opinion than I do as far as ripping someone for wanting to buy something... for example, let's say Hasbro were making an AT-TE... and it was $80.00, which might be a bit high, but hell it's worth it to someone who really wants it. 

Then people who have always wanted one wait for them to go on clearance... that's just bad for the hobby IMO.  And then if they don't get it, they are mad as hell.  Doens't make sense to me.

But ripping someone for it doesn't either, so you are right.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: April 1, 2005, 06:49 PM »
KBZ, you should get yourself banned. The less good members they have, the more screwed up it will be.

I think we all know that RS is screwed up, but I'm not sure that anyone getting themself intentionally banned is the answer.  Doing something stupid to get banned will just give Philip the ammunition he needs to claim that JD is a "problem". 

The guys that have been banned from RS obviously weren't booted for legitimate reasons, so why should Rob (KBZ) suddenly lower himself to Philip's level and act like an idiot?  That's exactly what the schmuck wants.  Granted, it would piss off some of KBZ's supporters, and we may get a few more Scummers move over here.  But acting with some integrity is what makes JD the place that we respect so much.  Let Philip make the ****tard move, then anyone who is banned without due reason can honestly say they took the high road.

Now, obviously, I don't have nearly the history with RS that my fellow staff members do.  It certainly doesn't speak for Rob's opinions on the matter, and is just my general opinion on the matter.

[/diplomacy]   :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1354 on: April 1, 2005, 06:54 PM »
I think Jesse's right, and I wouldn't want you guys giving them any reason, even if slight, to be upset back.  If Rob wants to quit there he will, and if he's banned he's banned.  I know a lot of the people here in this thread are very upset, but please don't take it out on their forums (who still have members just going about their business of course), and disrupt their flow just as a way of "going out in style" there.

Simply walking away (if that's even what you want) is the better choice, and speaks many volumes more in its more calm tone.

Thanks guys (and girls).
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #1355 on: April 1, 2005, 07:59 PM »
wow JJ I just got your pm and saw the posts here, that is beyond totally ****** up.

I can understand the bannings if actual bashing of scum by JD'ers ON scum's forums, but as we all know that wasn't the case and this is just a bunch of bull****, because phil's gotten his undies all in a wad and innocent people like Dave, a long time outstanding member of the community, are getting in the way. well that's just ****** sick. if you have problems with individuals, deal with it on an individual basis, don't go casting a long reach.

I now await my banishment from scum for making these comments here (note that I made them here and not on scum!). come on scum mods, I know you're reading this thread and sending word back to phil. come on now, prove me wrong!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: April 1, 2005, 08:33 PM »
Simply walking away (if that's even what you want) is the better choice, and speaks many volumes more in its more calm tone.

JJ, that's the conclusion I came to last night when I was debating how I was going to leave the RS forums (with my great big post count of 42 and last login during 2003).  While, on the one hand, my sick sense of humor would have been satisfied from seeing GNT open a thread and find ****** staring back at him, on the other hand, I knew that, in the grand scheme of things, a simple request to be deleted was more poignant.

Somehow I have a feeling that the RS forums will become "pay per use" before too long.  Once the final Celebration has come and gone this summer, and once he can't use his TFN/RS clout to get more newspaper interviews, Wise will begin to grasp at straws.  If this whole mess has proven anything, it's that Wise is batshit insane and all about the money.

Seriously, I am really saddened to hear about so many of you guys being banned for simply being affiliated with JD.com.  It proves rather handily that Wise has a vendetta and that he does not want to hear any dissenting opinions whatsoever, especially those that question his majesty.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #1357 on: April 1, 2005, 08:51 PM »
I am really surprised to read about the banning of a couple of you guys today.  Perhaps it is all just a cruel April Fool's joke, payback for all those jokes over the years?

If indeed this WAS all just a prank, it would go down as one of the funniest ever.  Unfortunately, right now it's not that funny.
Got Clones?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1358 on: April 1, 2005, 08:52 PM »
The banned most of them yesterday, it was March 31st then, I don't think its a joke

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1359 on: April 1, 2005, 09:40 PM »
And even if he said tomorrow "Hey guys, come on back, April Fools!", I'd stay away anyhow.  Like I said, this whole thing has simply lost what respect I did have for Philip.  Sadly, I was someone who did hold some for him, and he squelched it.  I'm sure that means nothing to him, and that is even sadder in and of itself.  To say I'm disappointed in someone in his position acting like this is an understatement.  I expected too much I guess.

I'll be content to not be involved with him, and keep my contact with anyone who is still there off of his site.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1360 on: April 1, 2005, 09:49 PM »
And to show how rediculous this actually is

http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?action=profile;u=428

Greg(g) has been allowed to post here forever (even though he never did)...same goes for LJ and JoshEEE and DBB and RatRobz and all the rest of the people who have been mods there. 

I see nothing wrong anyone did there other than question some rather shady moves by a man who's intellect seems to match his tact.  Ban away Phil!  It just keeps driving people here and you obviously don't realize that.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #1361 on: April 1, 2005, 09:56 PM »
Greg(g) has been allowed to post here forever (even though he never did)...same goes for LJ and JoshEEE and DBB and RatRobz and all the rest of the people who have been mods there.

You know....to take that a step further, you guys have also allowed me to express my opinions freely (in threads such as this one).  When everyone is harshing on RS and I say "It's not all bad" and maybe even point out a few areas I think it excells in, I don't get banned.

That in itself is a very cool feature of this sight. Much broader freedom of expression.

Now if you guys can just start a major marketing blitz and get the masses over here, you'll be set.   ;D

P.S.  I am counting down the hours to midnight madness here on the left coast.

Got Clones?

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #1362 on: April 1, 2005, 11:07 PM »
And to show how rediculous this actually is

http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?action=profile;u=428

Did this tool actually think someone was going to take the "name" GNT?
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: April 1, 2005, 11:23 PM »
I hate GNT also. He's so annoying. He thinks "abit" is one word. Dumbass.

It's not???!?!?!?!!?
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: April 1, 2005, 11:30 PM »
GNT... what a guy.  Though I do think he can be annoying, I have no problems with the guy.  He has been nice to me 99.9999% of the time.  I think we had one small spat in a 4 year period... which another mod there actually settled for me.  Thanks for that - you know who you are.   ;)