Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 583371 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Rebelscum Spam Mail? WTF???
« Reply #1395 on: April 4, 2005, 02:47 PM »
In fairness, I haven't been banned yet.

Yeah, I know Rob.  Just mentioning that you're yet another JD staffer who hasn't done squat over there, as Philip has summarily suggested in his blanket response covering EVERYONE here at JD.  Just lame.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: April 4, 2005, 02:52 PM »
Well, I think I can weigh in on this issue now. Regarding the Spam, I'm not too upset about that. What makes me dissappoint is the rude behavior by the RS staff. It's one thing to stand by your "Policy," but another to be totally unsympathetic and unappologetic. I mean, what's up with, "if you don't like it tough!?" I understand that it's part of a deal that the administation has made, and it is business, but then the forum members must be treated like customers and not told to go elsewhere. I was also dumfounded that KBZ had to explain his totally legitamate case several times and still not have it addressed. That's just goes to show you that no one takes the time to actually read posts.

If they would have handled it better, i'm sure a lot of people from this site would not have attacked RS as openly as they did. But given the administraions reaction, I don't blame anyone. Then, for the administration to just ignore the critisizm is just ignorant. Alot of people like Jessie James thoughtfully and articulately voiced their frustration and concerns. If I would have gotten such a well written post from a long time member, I would have given it serious concideration. Not "If you don't like it - tough!, oh, by the way here's the door." Dissapointing.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: April 4, 2005, 03:24 PM »
One nice thing it seems that my PM's are being forward to my email address.  So thats nice of them.

Edit: Nevermind the person who sent the email just copied and paseted it from his pm.
« Last Edit: April 4, 2005, 04:18 PM by Darth Kenobi »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: April 4, 2005, 04:12 PM »
Welcome aboard Darth Anton!

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: April 4, 2005, 04:48 PM »

Philip disgusts me, and as Gary has already pointed out above, has NO right to have the forums that he does.  Those were Mike's, and Philip stole the **** from him - whether it was figuratively, or literally. 

Are you talking about TFN or am I just not in the know?   ???
« Last Edit: April 4, 2005, 04:48 PM by ruiner »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1400 on: April 4, 2005, 04:53 PM »
Chris was referring to CollectStarWars, the Rebelscum boards were the creation of Mike Sullenger currently of GalacticHunter.  He merged his CollectStarWars site with Rebelscum in 2001-2002

http://www.rebelscum.com/hist200112.asp

You should have seen the **** forums they had before then :P  It doesn't suprise me they turned in to what they did.  Also note that there were plenty of ticked off people at the time.  There were also a fair amount of people who were both wait and see and excited.

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: April 4, 2005, 04:56 PM »

Philip disgusts me, and as Gary has already pointed out above, has NO right to have the forums that he does.  Those were Mike's, and Philip stole the **** from him - whether it was figuratively, or literally. 

Are you talking about TFN or am I just not in the know?   ???

Matt was talking about the actual Rebelscum fourms that they have now.  Those fourms were orginally part of Collectstarwars.com or the Bounth Hunter Collective, a site made by Mike S.  A few years ago the two sites merged and the Rebel Lounge (RS old Fourms) were taken down and the CSW fourms used.  A year or so after the merge Mike decided to start his new site Galatic Hunter.com.  So in the end Phillip got the fourms plus all of the members who where orignally part of CSW.  Most of these people are now over at GH.COm or here with the exception of the Vintage guys.  

Edit: Here is the old CSW site: Old CSW most of the stuff seems to not be working through. :'(
« Last Edit: April 4, 2005, 05:16 PM by Darth Kenobi »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1402 on: April 4, 2005, 04:59 PM »
This guy is still there too

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1403 on: April 4, 2005, 05:03 PM »
No doubt.  All hail God GNT!   :P

I'd still love to know what in the hell that thing is there that Greg(g) made...   ???

« Last Edit: April 4, 2005, 05:04 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #1404 on: April 4, 2005, 05:09 PM »
"I'm God, so live with it."[/size]-Greg(g), GNT

Still my favorite post ever.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1405 on: April 4, 2005, 05:19 PM »
Maybe we should run a poll on which comment was actually worse:

"I'm God, so live with it." - GNT to RS members over his inappropriate moderating tactics

- or -

"Get a life and move along." - Philip Wise to RS members over his inappropriate e-mail spamming tactics

Man, kind of a toss-up really, though I'd have to give the nod to Philip, since he's the actual owner of the site, and not just an attention seeking high school kid from Australia claiming to be 33 years old...  ::)
« Last Edit: April 4, 2005, 05:19 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: April 4, 2005, 05:28 PM »
I thought it was "deal with it" ???

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: April 4, 2005, 05:30 PM »
Sounds like basically the same quote.

Maybe GNT and Pdubs are the same person.

I didn't realize that the big merger happened at the very end of 01' - looks like I only missed it by about 2 months...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1408 on: April 4, 2005, 05:32 PM »
I thought it was "deal with it" ???

Kevin

Actually, that sounds about right, Kev.

Did you screw up the quote Brad?!   >:(

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: April 4, 2005, 05:35 PM »
Sounds like basically the same quote.

Maybe GNT and Pdubs are the same person.

I didn't realize that the big merger happened at the very end of 01' - looks like I only missed it by about 2 months...

PDub.

PDub.

PDubs and PDubsOfTheSith is a good friend of mine whom is coming to indy with me. I don't think he is GNT. In fact I know he isn't Greg(g).

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...