Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 589610 times)

Offline Shannon (Princess)

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ooh, Lortab!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Beru has issues...
Re: Rebelscum Spam Mail? WTF???
« Reply #1455 on: April 5, 2005, 10:42 PM »
I'm about to post... we'll see how quick this one is erased...
question- if you are banned, can you read posts, but just not reply, etc?
« Last Edit: April 5, 2005, 10:45 PM by Princess »
You are starting to damage my calm.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1456 on: April 5, 2005, 10:47 PM »
I was told that it was a mistake, and that I've been around too long to be banned for someone else's actions.  Which is fair (to me at least) - I'd like to see a similar offer extended to Jesse and a few of the others. 

I'm not gonna count on that happening, but thank you for the sentiment, Rob.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: April 5, 2005, 10:47 PM »
Princess, you need to clear your cookies once you are banned to view post.  That is how I saw your post right now.  Only thing is it sets your viewing to the default setting.

I think your post will be there for little while since there are no mods/admins in at the moment according to who online.
« Last Edit: April 5, 2005, 10:49 PM by Darth Kenobi »

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ooh, Lortab!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Beru has issues...
« Reply #1458 on: April 5, 2005, 10:49 PM »
Thanks Darth Kenobi... we'll see what they say...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1459 on: April 5, 2005, 10:50 PM »
I've been around longer than all of you jokers and I was the first one to go.  On top of that I had posted there once in 8 months for feedback and I was not even given a reason for my banning (not that I expected one)  What a crock of two faced ****.  How can anyone take those guys with an ounce of credibility

BTW, thanks to everyone, JediDefender just had their best week EVER for posts, hits and everything.  We're glad you are here, we don't want you to move along.  Thanks :)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: April 5, 2005, 10:52 PM »
You should send PM's Princess.

To the Texas crew.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ooh, Lortab!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Beru has issues...
« Reply #1461 on: April 5, 2005, 10:54 PM »
Well, Kevin, where I live there aren't that many collectors, and I haven't really used RS very much at all- find it rather annoying for the most part... but I might post something in the Texas...

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: April 5, 2005, 10:55 PM »

BTW, thanks to everyone, JediDefender just had their best week EVER for posts, hits and everything.  We're glad you are here, we don't want you to move along.  Thanks :)

I was wondering what the traffic was like here since there seems to be alot of RS people sign up here.  It isn't as big as the great ISP refguees but it is slowly starting to show I think.

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: April 6, 2005, 12:14 AM »
Good luck with that Princess...

Now, am I the only one that thinks if they've banned someone, it would be smart to make it known and show their members what you can get banned for, rather then sweeping everything under the rug?

The 2 guys running the show right now, IMO, are really derailing whatever success RS had before...It seems to me that there are so many past and present mods/admins that could've handled this so much better.

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: April 6, 2005, 12:40 AM »
I certainly hope they intend to block all other staff members from all other sites...

Won't ever happen Rob.  The only site that Philip's concerned about is JediDefender.  I guarantee you that.

Totally bogus.  Man, he's hurting their community boards over there.  But as I've always said, he could care less.  He's said time and time again, we're all easily replaceable over there, and that there's plenty more future members out there to fill our posting voids if/when we leave.

What an *******.

True, but you should have no problem with RS filtering out the old members to make way for Matkatnadam and Dark Kanos.

Did I mention Dark Kanos?

With you guys gone, I'm sure RS is now the forum Philip and crew have always wanted it to be. Everyone there must be SO happy you're all gone.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #1465 on: April 6, 2005, 12:42 AM »
BTW, did anyone save a copy of Jason's spam complaint thread over at RS?  I see that got pulled (not surprising), and now I can't remember how badly I popped off on Philip in there.  Don't recall it being much worse than most people's responses though.  Just as fighting with Jimbo and Katmandu is pretty much completely commonplace around there for most RS'ers.  So it still basically boils down to the **** that I've said over here about them that's the reason for them being pissed off at me.  As always, lame.

Well I'm not surprised the thread I started is gone. Not for it's original content of course, but it was the only evidence on the scum forums for Phil's ridiculous remark which really kicked things into high gear. But then again, by now enough people have seen it and know of it, that if there is any damage to be done from it, it's been done.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: April 6, 2005, 01:12 AM »
I can't say that I was happy to receive this email either, and I think that the situation has been handled poorly at best. Rebelscum, like it or not, is a business. It is a website designed to attract hits and charge for advertising based on the activity and hits. Part of being a business is maintaining a good relationship with the people you do business with. I have read disturbing reports of belligerent emails from the staff to readers who have been displeased with this matter. The readers are Rebelscum's customers, and berating customers with legitimate complaints does not constitute good customer service by any measure.

I received the email in question, and also wondered why I found this in my email inbox. I registered for my account in 2002, and I do not recall being given a choice when I registered as to whether or not I could choose to receive promotional emails or not. As a rule, whenever I register at a website I prefer to keep my personal email information private and when given a choice about such matters, I opt not to receive such emails. I like so many people using the internet value my privacy.

Additionally, I heard that some of the responses from the staff of this website stated that if people did not wish to receive promotional email that they should have stated so upon registration. Looking into things from this standpoint I chose to examine my own Rebelscum profile. And what I found was peculiar. My profile showed that I had never made a choice about whether or not I wanted to receive promotional emails. As I mentioned before, had I been given the choice I would have opted not to receive such emails. This begs the question of when was this option offered to Rebelscum forum members if at all? I think that it's a legitimate question.

I for one am irked by the email, and additionally disappointed by the response. I think that at this time when the final Star Wars movie is about to be released, the collecting community needs to regard each other with respect and courtesy in order to maintain any sense of cohesion in the future. And the websites that serve that community need to respect the people they serve.

My two cents worth in Princess's thread.  I figured I would quote myself here since the thread is likely to be locked or deleted, and I want my comments to stand for some to see.

Counting down to my banning.
« Last Edit: April 6, 2005, 01:14 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ooh, Lortab!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Beru has issues...
« Reply #1467 on: April 6, 2005, 07:09 PM »
First off, I didn't intend to make you feel like you were in the middle of things KBZ.   I'm sorry if you felt that way.
I really don't think ANYONE here said anything - that I have seen- that would be cause for banning, and for those who never said a thing regarding it- at least on RS- to be banned was just ridiculous.   There was more I could have and wanted to say, but I tried to be civil- at least it's not locked- anymore.  I just think that since KBZ was "re-reviewed" that perhaps others should be, too... not that you guys might even want to go there...
but Phillip has stuck foot in mouth again- even if by proxy...

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: April 6, 2005, 07:15 PM »
You didn't do anything wrong, I AM in the middle of it since I'm now the only one who was banned and reinstated - so I'm in a position to be able to say that with perhaps a bit more weight... who knows...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1469 on: April 6, 2005, 07:31 PM »
The post was kind of you Princess, what with the mention and all.  I'm not expecting anything, but that was a nice thought on your part. 

Even if I'm let back in, I'm disappointed and a bit disenchanted as well.  I'll take my place again, of course, as the benefits of having access are there in my eyes, but in the span of a few days I really have grown not to care if I'm there or not as well.  Maybe I'm just too busy with my real life leading into C3.  I got a lot to get done and a short time to accomplish it, so my mind is mostly on stuff that actually has some relevance to my life...  IE: Not Rebelscum and their current "drama/outrageous reaction of the month" club. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77