Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 586967 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Rebelscum Spam Mail? WTF???
« Reply #1470 on: April 6, 2005, 07:51 PM »
I AM in the middle of it since I'm now the only one who was banned and reinstated...

And apparently I'm right at the very head of it!  I still never got an actual explanation from either Dustin or Philip regarding my initial banning that set this whole thing off in the first place, despite several requests to them to specifically explain things.

I also find it rather laughable that it's continuously being suggested over there to e-mail Philip directly with your issues, and he'll respond to you.  Yeah, right.  Philip hasn't responded to hardly ANY of the e-mails that ANYONE's sent him regarding ANY of the various matters that have popped up over at RS this past week.  That's part of the whole problem in the first place.  He just wants the problems (and people) to go away, and doesn't want to deal with any of them.  He just has Dustin reply on his behalf, with one of their standard form e-mails.  That's it.  They're attempting to make it look like they're actually "trying" over there now (amidst some serious backpeddling due to the major fallout they've gotten), but it still appears to be very much status quo over there...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: April 6, 2005, 09:00 PM »
I wish I had saved the email that Philip sent me.  He was actually pretty nice to me about it and was cool with reinstating me; it was Dustin who initially banned me and then I talked to Dan Curto about it, who told me to contact Philip.  Philip basically said in his email that they thought I was a staff member here, and that all staff from here were no longer allowed because of comments made over there, and that none of his people would ever do that over here, and that this had been going on for too long, which was why they set the ban. 

Now, I still think the way they handled it was wrong.  I think only the people that made the comments should have had something happen, and probably just a warning the first time.  But, it's not my decision and I don't even know what all was said.  But still, I don't think that the owners here would have handled things that way.

Although I don't agree with what happened, I am not going to go over there and start up anything.  I just think this whole situation should have been avoided.

If you guys haven't noticed, the customs section here has really picked up a lot.  Over there it has slowed down some.  I barely post there at all anymore, and with the increased traffic that is going on here, I am loving it more than ever here.

:P

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: April 6, 2005, 09:20 PM »
Well..I must say I'm very proud of Dustin for telling everyone he's going to make a new attempt at the Feedback Section...That's the kind of attitude we needed at the start of this mess. :)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1473 on: April 6, 2005, 09:26 PM »
If you guys haven't noticed, the customs section here has really picked up a lot.  Over there it has slowed down some.  I barely post there at all anymore, and with the increased traffic that is going on here, I am loving it more than ever here.

Indeed we have, so thanks for that Justin!  8)

...Philip basically said in his email that ... all staff from here were no longer allowed because of comments made over there, and that none of his people would ever do that over here, and that this had been going on for too long, which was why they set the ban.

Yeah, that's part of my beef with this whole situation really.  I want Philip to provide a specific list of exactly what the heck he's referring to, especially related to the rest of the guys here (aside from Scott and I).  He'd be hard pressed to find a single link I bet, and that's why his lying about our entire staff badmouthing RS at RS is extremely annoying to me.  It's just that: a flat-out lie.

As for me, he could easily provide a number of links where Jimbo and I have gone at it over there, as well as my recent spat with Matkatnadam's scalping practices.  That's fine.  But those were personal issues, and nothing related to JD vs. RS.  I talked crap to those two clowns, and didn't mention anything about RS in those discussions, aside from possibly that it's rather disappointing that RS now seems to condone scalping over there.

I did take a shot at Philip later on in their Spam thread, but that's unfortunately (and obviously) been removed now, so I can't recall how bad I laid into him there, but it wasn't all that much worse than what most of the other folks were saying in the same thread - most of which weren't even affiliated with JD even.  I think I basically just reiterated that Philip doesn't give a crap about his members there as anything more than a meal ticket anymore, and that his forums are nothing but a business venture to him now, which is pretty much dead-on accurate.

But the RS staff is more than welcome to come over here and attempt to find something to (truthfully) nitpick us on as well.  I think they'd be fairly hard pressed to do so though, as this is a "fan site" of good buddies who all know eachother, and because we run things very differently here at JD.  But hell, who am I to say?  I'm only Numero Uno on Philip's ****list for whatever reason (most likely due to his and Dustin's constant perusal of this very thread)...
« Last Edit: April 6, 2005, 09:29 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: April 6, 2005, 09:45 PM »
Let me dumb it down for myself:

We hit a nerve. Philip saw JD as a threat. He banned everything affiliated with JD.com. He sucks.

End.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Cory Chaos

• Jedi Initiate
  • Musically Inclined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: April 6, 2005, 10:14 PM »
Well..I must say I'm very proud of Dustin for telling everyone he's going to make a new attempt at the Feedback Section.

You mean he's going to field questions, refrain from closing down threads that have the slightest negative connotation, and actually listen to people?  :o

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: April 6, 2005, 10:18 PM »
Would it be wrong to print up a bunch of black armbands withRS printed on them for C3?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Cory Chaos

• Jedi Initiate
  • Musically Inclined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: April 6, 2005, 10:20 PM »
That's one way to make a statement. Lord knows, I'd be there with you in spirit.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: April 6, 2005, 10:25 PM »
Would it be wrong to print up a bunch of black armbands withRS printed on them for C3?

Nope. I had the same thought at like...2 am last night.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: April 6, 2005, 10:34 PM »

Be more blatant about it.  Make up t-shirts that say REBELSCUM SUCKS.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Cory Chaos

• Jedi Initiate
  • Musically Inclined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: April 6, 2005, 10:40 PM »
...with the S's stylized like the S.S.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: April 6, 2005, 10:40 PM »
Another way Wise could make more money - Get some Livestrong bracelets, paint them blue, and print rebelscum.com on them. All the 8 year olds would eat it up with a spoon.

I better shut up, I'm giving them too many ideas!
« Last Edit: April 6, 2005, 10:41 PM by Diddly »
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1482 on: April 6, 2005, 10:41 PM »
I've been a member of those Forums since June 2000 (Back from the old BHC days), and I've seen a steady decline in the quality over there.  A few over there think it's due to the influx of new members because it's a movie year.  I think the lack in quality in the forums started when they were moved from BHC to RS.  Although I'm still a member over there, and still have no intention of completely leaving (although a bunch of my friends have left/been banned I still have a lot over there), but I also felt the need to start a member ship over here instead of just lurking.

Now I applaud Dustin for coming out and saying he's going to try and do better, but the proof is in the pudding.  I made a post in the forum Princes sarted, and I'm kind of curious to see if Philip will respond, although I don't think he will.  I hope it's a wake-up call for him and he'll turn it around.  If not, I get to bug all of you over here!   ;D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Shannon (Princess)

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ooh, Lortab!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Beru has issues...
« Reply #1483 on: April 6, 2005, 10:49 PM »

Now I applaud Dustin for coming out and saying he's going to try and do better, but the proof is in the pudding.  I made a post in the forum Princes sarted, and I'm kind of curious to see if Philip will respond, although I don't think he will.  I hope it's a wake-up call for him and he'll turn it around.  If not, I get to bug all of you over here!   ;D
Even if he doesn't, you can still "bug" everyone over here  ;D
Geez, it's a lot better here than there...
You are starting to damage my calm.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1484 on: April 6, 2005, 10:56 PM »

Be more blatant about it.  Make up t-shirts that say REBELSCUM SUCKS.

DON'T STEAL MY MOTTO!!

Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj