Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 588993 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: How long has that damned RS been down?
« Reply #1695 on: August 15, 2005, 07:28 AM »
It's got a lot more traffic. There's pleny of good info and discussion to found amongst all the rubbish.

Personally, I'd rather not have to wade through rubbish to find decent discussion.  Traffic or not.

Seriously. Newbies are running the forums now with practically no moderation (with respect to the overwhelmed good mods over there.)

Like GNT? ::)
"This is the way."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1696 on: August 15, 2005, 04:50 PM »
How many times must we say it....GNT is not a real person!  "He" is actually a very sophisticated virus/worm/trojan horse created by some people at MIT.

Like the gypsy moth and the love bugs of Florida, "he" escaped from the lab and has been running amok on the internet ever since.  ;)

It is a shame we can't get that vintage forum somewhere else (like here).  But alas, the hard core vintage folks are resistant to change.  :)
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1697 on: August 16, 2005, 12:40 AM »
A virus, a worm, or a condom I could agree with...  Sophisticated?  Hmmmm  I dunno about that.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: August 16, 2005, 01:37 AM »
How many times must we say it....GNT is not a real person!  "He" is actually a very sophisticated virus/worm/trojan horse created by some people at MIT.

The real problem is that he embraces that notion. 

Odd stuff...

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: August 16, 2005, 02:06 AM »
I just checked in and was able to get on the forum. However, the front page anouncement has not been updated to reflect a properly working form. I'm afraid to log in, last time there was trouble when I was using it, I got erased.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: August 16, 2005, 02:14 AM »
I got erased.

Phil and Arnie - good buddies?

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: August 16, 2005, 02:37 AM »
I loathe Phillip wise for being a money hungry, egotistical jerkoff.

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: August 16, 2005, 04:34 AM »
I just checked in and was able to get on the forum. However, the front page anouncement has not been updated to reflect a properly working form. I'm afraid to log in, last time there was trouble when I was using it, I got erased.

I forgot about that. It didn't happen to me, but this time my bookmarked threads disappeared. Looks like that happened to a lot of people.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1703 on: August 17, 2005, 12:05 AM »
This keeps up and the Vintage community may not have a choice but to relocate... 
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #1704 on: August 17, 2005, 12:36 AM »
This keeps up and the Vintage community may not have a choice but to relocate... 

I can only hope.  :)

John

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: August 17, 2005, 01:13 AM »
Well, some of the customs people have moved here.  I've worked very hard at getting some of the "good" people from over there to head this way.

We have developed an excellent customizing community here.  I don't know how much of a big deal that is to the admins here, but to me it's what Star Wars collecting has become.  I've tried to recruit good people and 99% of the time we have a lot of good discussions.

I wish more of the non-customizers here would join in more discussions with us there as well in the ever growing photonovel section.

And, I do post at Scum still some, but mostly only because of customs and there are a few good guys there that I like to keep in touch with.

:P

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: August 17, 2005, 01:27 AM »
It's still down when I try to go to it.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #1707 on: August 17, 2005, 01:50 AM »

I can only hope.  :)

John

Well I'm sure the JD staff would love to see the vintage community hop on by here. I think it would be great to expand the vintage conversations here, and the big plus is no riff-raff!  ;D Pretty much everyone I have seen post in the vintage section here has been collecting for quite some time and/or isn't looking for the quick payoff, but real insight into the toys of yesteryear.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1708 on: August 17, 2005, 02:32 AM »
Dale'd be on the "Riff Raff" so fast their head would spin. :)  That's his baby so he'd not let anything taint the vintage section here.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: August 17, 2005, 02:54 AM »
I'll be honest. The only good thing about scum is the Look What I Found section which helps me and others here in Utah to know when product should arrive (roughly).
I am not into Vintage so I can't talk about that and as far as customizing, I have just started on that so I guess I can link up with Chewie and gang here.
I left RS for almost 2 years since we created our own forum for Utah collectors, and started posting for the hell of it. What I realize is that I feel sick, weird, etc because I'm a 40 year old man and forgive the term, but they are 90% kids over there, and not just in age.
Love this forum far better for reading even because at least it approaches the intellectual standards of an average human being. I just need to get more comfortable posting on the non-SW areas which is what I really love to discuss.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3