Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 581164 times)

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
Re: Should I...
« Reply #15 on: June 4, 2003, 04:11 PM »
Yes, if you're going to screw around at work, do it here.

As I understand it, this is about circumventing the profanity filter, is it not? If so, this is a rule that's been in place for some time, Philip's just now getting around to enforcing it. I wouldn't bother raising a stink. Star Wars could use a nice G-rated collecting forum outside the Official Site. If Philip thinks Rebelscum should be it, so be it.

The rule regarding Star Wars-only trades sounds a little fishy to me. I can't help but wonder if Philip's tidying the place up for guests in the wake of Paul Ens' warning in TF.N's Hyperspace Q&A that "there aren't many Lucasfilm 'police', so I imagine they will be keeping their most careful watch on the busiest street-corners," Rebelscum being one of them.

Are Philip and TheForce.net simply vying to become THE free Star Wars fanboy destination on the web?  ::)
Post sober.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #16 on: June 4, 2003, 06:13 PM »
Nah. I really don't care about the profanity thing. I am specifically referring to the trading rules, as they really affect this Simpsons Collector. They also affect me because I've bought a few things that weren't Star Wars from other folks there.

They've refused to talk about it anymore, and they ban people who make a stink (like Jango Fettish).

That to me is not cool.

It seems like a lot of people I liked chatting with are absent, or over here, so I don't see why I should hang out there.

As for what I'm doing with all that spare time, well, work has been a little busier, but I've also taken up playing Joust on Shockwave.com a bit.

I bet I'm better than all y'alls.   ;D
Got Clones?

Offline TopJedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • The Toy Whore!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 4, 2003, 06:49 PM »
Josh I agree man....RS has lost it's pizazz that it originally had ....at least over the last few months.

I used to love the fact that I could pick up a Simpsons,MOTU,TMNT,GI Joe or other random figure as well as the Star Wars figure that I might be looking for......instead they slap us collectors in the perverbial face......and refuse to discuss the situation.......fine,so be it.

I refuse to bow to Phillip's crappy ideas any longer......so I'm now a PROUD JD member!
Brian AKA TopJedi
sniperman76@hotmail.com

Always interested in trading for Clone troopers,Battle Droids and other army builders

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 4, 2003, 08:22 PM »
Not that anyone is particularly concerned with what I think but I really do see it as a poor choice.  Hasbro's distribution sucks lately, probably even more than usual as lots of folks are having a terrible time finding stuff all over the US, never mind Canada.  Being collector's, there's a bit of an addiction thing going on and we need to hunt, to buy, and possibly to trade.  No new SW toys?  Grab another line or lines.  Simpsons, MOTU, LOTR, McFarlane whatever.  

I'll grant you, I've seen trade lists at RS without any SW content, but not many and usually from people with other SW trade lists.  I really don't get it.  Overall the place is dominated with SW content.  90% of the forums are SW only, Wuhers and the trade/classifieds were basically the only ones not.  

Weird decision, but not mine to say why.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 6, 2003, 02:11 PM »
I checked over there today and there was a "rebelscum survey" post in Wuher's, which I responded to with a few of my general grievances and my reason for not being around so much anymore.

It seems that a lot of people are disenchanted with that place lately, and I thought the "survey" post was a good place to get it out there.
Maybe the mods will read the constructive criticism and take note, but somehow....I doubt it.
Got Clones?

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 6, 2003, 02:25 PM »
I checked over there today and there was a "rebelscum survey" post in Wuher's, which I responded to with a few of my general grievances and my reason for not being around so much anymore.

It seems that a lot of people are disenchanted with that place lately, and I thought the "survey" post was a good place to get it out there.
Maybe the mods will read the constructive criticism and take note, but somehow....I doubt it.

Thats why I started it so that people can say what the feel and so that the mods/admins can see what the feeling of the community is.  I had to do the V2.0 since they was another Survey which was moved to they feedback section and after a few more repilies there it disappeared so I figure I will start this one.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 6, 2003, 02:33 PM »
Well, it was a good idea, and I have now posted TWO replies to it. I'm anxious to see what people say as it gets rolling.

Before it gets deleted or moved...
Got Clones?

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 6, 2003, 02:43 PM »
Yeah, I'm going to slowly fade away also. This forum is really nice, so it will be the place where I drop the most posts from now on. The only reason left for me to hang around RS is the Austin Look What I Found thread. It has a nice group of people. Other than that, I'm pretty much through with RS.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 6, 2003, 02:51 PM »
Well, it was a good idea, and I have now posted TWO replies to it. I'm anxious to see what people say as it gets rolling.

Before it gets deleted or moved...

Like I stated in that thread if it get lost I will just replace it and I just saved everysingle comment so far on it so the history of this one will conutine on the next one. ;)

Jango Fettish

« Reply #24 on: June 6, 2003, 02:54 PM »
Shane has a lot of nerve to say what he did. Either he's in denial, or just wants to ignore the fact that RS is in dire straits.

"Heck, i'm a mod and i belong to other boards but i've seen exodus's before and when it comes right down to it they never work out. "

Really. Well, I think I have 20 people, that joined JD in 2 weeks after defecting from Rebelscum that can prove that wrong.

How naive.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 6, 2003, 05:48 PM »
Well, I think it's going to be a constructive thread....so far it hasn't deteriorated. I think I've kept my end of it very civil.....

BTW...Cory, are you still banned?
Got Clones?

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 6, 2003, 06:16 PM »
Just want to ask people that have been to RS and seen the thread if I'm being civil or not.  Just want to make sure and see what people think of what I'm saying.  I will take in comments bad or good, hopefully good. ;D

Offline Hung Solow

• Jedi Initiate
  • Public Enemy #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 6, 2003, 06:17 PM »
Shane has a lot of nerve to say what he did. Either he's in denial, or just wants to ignore the fact that RS is in dire straits.

"Heck, i'm a mod and i belong to other boards but i've seen exodus's before and when it comes right down to it they never work out. "

Really. Well, I think I have 20 people, that joined JD in 2 weeks after defecting from Rebelscum that can prove that wrong.

How naive.
I've honestly tried to find a place in my heart for Shane, but it seem like he's in total denial!  We've had our in's and out's, but he's spewing drivel.  I've gotten the same responce from a few of their mods.  What is going on over there!?!?!  Something is up, and they are not saying.  I like how they got all offended about the Hitler reference, but yet no one took the time to look at the similarities.  I guess they were too wrapped up in being offended.  Oh well, I'm not Superman, and I have no interest in saving the world.
Blessed be the Maker and his Water, Blessed be the coming and the going of Him, May His passage cleanse the world. --- Dune: Dr. Kynes; Imperial Ecologist

Jango Fettish

« Reply #28 on: June 6, 2003, 06:58 PM »
Totally civil. Alls you are doing is posing a question, no harm in that. Thing is, a few of the mods are "coming to the defense" of RS.

Shane, I dunno, he just doesn't get it.

Whats funny is that Apokolips chimed in with "You people are under a strange notion that this forum is a democracy."

It's never been a democracy, and Philip has never bothered polling his LOYAL (not anymore) forum members as to what they want to see or what they think will better improve the environment HE provides.

Oh well, not sweating it anymore. But if they continue to ignore forum members, and deny that there are better, more professional sites out there, that rude awakening will just be looking even ruder.

Oh, and say Hello to Rebelscum defector 21 in less than 3 weeks, DarthRaider.  :-*

Josh, I am very much eternally banished from RS.
« Last Edit: June 6, 2003, 07:04 PM by Jango Fettish »

Offline CyberScout

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re:RS,the joke that it has become.
« Reply #29 on: June 6, 2003, 07:19 PM »
Josh and Angry Ewok,my hats off to you guys for your comments over there.My feelings are the same on the matter.I'm not sure if Shane is in denial but I think he totally is missing the points being brought up.Cory I'll be glad when the day comes when your ban is up.You seemed to have gotten under their skin and that I do appreciate.

Personally I have my own problems with a certain mod over there and I will go down fighting to the very end if thats what it takes.Pointless? probably.At this point and time I just dont care anymore.