Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 581241 times)

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Rebelscumians?
« Reply #45 on: June 7, 2003, 01:38 PM »
I still go there,but I'm really considering moving here.Nice to see everyone again,I was wondering what happend to some of you.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 7, 2003, 02:08 PM »
There’s another big difference between the 2 boards, but I’m wondering if I’m just imagining it. Is Angry Ewok not very angry over here? I’ve not been here long enough to really judge, but he doesn’t seem to get so ratty at JD. Over at RS, he’s always snapping at people :)

Oh don't you worry, Grumpy Ewok still snaps at people.  It just happens to be certain people. ;D
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #47 on: June 7, 2003, 02:12 PM »
Yea Yea, so I'm not so angry sounding....  :D... The folks here just don't give me a reason to be snappy, so far, at least.  ;)... Not to mention I'm a moderator and so I sorta represent the site, so I've got to be toned down a tad.  :-*

Offline ponda barfly

• Youngling
  • he doesnt like you
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 7, 2003, 03:06 PM »
i pretty much just check here now, it wasnt so much the new rule over there more that it had been getting worse and worse all the time, i probaly will still check over there now and again, it was my forst home on the internet and loyality is very important, however by the time i check there again i probaly wont know any of the members there!

barfly

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Should I...
« Reply #49 on: June 7, 2003, 03:59 PM »
Damn, you're all so sweet :'(  *sniff* :-* :P ;D
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline TopJedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • The Toy Whore!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 7, 2003, 05:49 PM »
I just posted in that thread at RS for what it's worth.

I'm all for making JediDefender THE Premiere place for the friendly faces to hang out....LONG LIVE JD! ;D
Brian AKA TopJedi
sniperman76@hotmail.com

Always interested in trading for Clone troopers,Battle Droids and other army builders

Offline Batman

• Youngling
  • I'm Batman!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 7, 2003, 07:44 PM »
I just signed up with this place about 2 minutes ago and I see no difference in this place and rebelscum ::), but I guess I will be a commoner here too :).  

You're kidding, right? Of course, you've only been here for 2 minutes so you have no clue what kind of exact opposite JD is from RS.  :P

I'm just saying it "looks" exactly the same as rebelscum.  I wasn't dissing the site or anything.  I am looking to switch to frequenting here more often because I like smaller communities better :).  Your right I have not been here long enough to judge this place, sorry :'(.  Jeez :-[.
Corey aka Batman

"Even the smallest people can change the course of the future."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #52 on: June 7, 2003, 07:55 PM »
I'm just saying it "looks" exactly the same as rebelscum.  I wasn't dissing the site or anything.  I am looking to switch to frequenting here more often because I like smaller communities better :).  Your right I have not been here long enough to judge this place, sorry :'(.  Jeez :-[.

Cory's just teasin' you a little Batman!   ;)  2 minutes is just a little quick to pass judgement on a place, but we know that we're very different than RS here at JD, so we didn't take any offense to your comment.  I'm sure you'll enjoy the smaller, friendly and personal community that we've got goin' on here.  Glad you decided to be a part of it!
- Matt

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #53 on: June 7, 2003, 09:59 PM »
Someone must not have seen SSG almost go down in flames in May 2000 to know what a mass forum exodus is...and he still has never recovered from his blunders there

We appreciate you all coming here and what we have always wanted to do is create a community and broad based multi cultural, ethnic, age group of people who share a love for a movie with giant walking carpets and laser swords.  

We invited a lot of you and some of you have come on your own and we welcome you all here and want to continue to strive to make this the best place on the net for all of our members. :-*

And I think Matt said it all above, we at JD have no personal grudge against RS and most of us still do post there (at least the non banned staff do :-*) and it has been my home for a long time as well.  When Chris asked me to join the staff here I was skeptical because I didn't want to give up my posting on other forums and gradually over the last year we have made this site better and better each week to the point where a lot of us have made this our home and the other places our summer cottages and the like.  

The point that we are all geeks at heart and we can all get along is also very salient, I can go talk movies at RS, Music at GH and toys here and have a good time doing it...

Enough rambling, thanks one and all for making this place more and more special  :-*

Scott

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 7, 2003, 10:28 PM »
Matt,the lady said no!Wait,wrong thread,anyway I think when he said it looked similar he meant that the recent post thing made it look similar,but other than that it is completly different,look around,RS is bright colors and JD is darker colors.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 7, 2003, 11:37 PM »
I was never a forum member at RS, I actually have only joined forums here, at a tron site the bothan spy cuase a friend runs it. But I enjoy visiting many SW fans sites dedicated to toy news and general SW info.
I'm glad to be here, if it weren't for meeting Dale, I wouldnt have my clone trooper helmet ;)
thanks again to dale for making that a pleasant transaction.  :)
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline BushiFox

• Youngling
  • Say no to Priority mail.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 8, 2003, 07:57 AM »
Hello.  I've used Rebelscum mainly for trading, so the new classified thing was a bit of a knife to the heart for me.  But, I think the big issue was the unwillingness to compromise.

Ah well.  If you guys don't watch out, you won't be able to tout your "small" group status.
Optimists believe this is the best of all worlds.  Pessimists fear the same may be true.

Jango Fettish

« Reply #57 on: June 8, 2003, 10:26 AM »
Not too worried about that. Our moderator crew is solid and know how to pick out the bad seeds if they come along.  >:(

Batman, I didn't mean anything negative by what I said, bro. It's just that there is no comparison between Jedi Defender and Rebelscum, aesthetically or quality wise.

Offline blimpyboy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Gamorrean lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 8, 2003, 10:51 AM »
Hey everyone, I just registered here.  It's nice to see some old timers who I hadn't seen in a good while.

Jango Fettish

« Reply #59 on: June 8, 2003, 10:56 AM »
Another Matt! That makes 1,001!  :o

Blimpy, fly so high over to our "newbies" section so you can get a proper introduction!