Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 581138 times)

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Rebelscumians?
« Reply #60 on: June 8, 2003, 11:57 AM »
I hope this place will always stay as cool.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline paploo

• Jedi Initiate
  • MORE EWOKS NOW
    • View Profile
Re: Should I...
« Reply #61 on: June 9, 2003, 08:03 AM »
Hopefully folks can just check out both sites, or any others, and decide what's the best fit for them personally, and enjoy spending their time there.  Sometimes even a combination of the different forums works well for some people...  But we'd like to think of ourselves here at JD as a community that just wants to enjoy the positive, knowledgeable, and friendly vibe that we've carefully developed here, rather than talking down about any of our online neighbors, as fun or therapeutic as it may be.  Hopefully that's the style we can shoot for anyways.  I know that can be hard sometimes, especially at a time like this, and it's something that we all should work on as part of the JediDefender collecting family...

Anyways, that's just my thoughts on the matter...   :-*

you should go into politics
The secret of success is to know something nobody else knows-Aristotle Onasis

Offline BushiFox

• Youngling
  • Say no to Priority mail.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 9, 2003, 08:59 AM »
To:  Big Bosses of JediDefender

Subject:  Griping about Rebelscum.

It is natural for us that have gripes with another place to want to get said gripes off of our chest.  So, I do apologize that we are griping on your boards about another board, but, when our gripes at the other board are A.  Locked, B.  Deleted, C.  Banned, D.  fall on deaf ears, we feel we need to get our gripes out somewhere.

I'm sure you understand.  Its therapeutic if you will.  

So, please bear with us as we make the transistion from one place to another and we will try to get all of our griping out of the way in an orderly fashion.  Thanks.  :)

P.S.  Josheeeeeeeeeeeee, please point me to some good things to do on the internet while sitting at work with little else to do.  I'm running out of stuff to do!

Some suggestions from me:  www.pvponline.com  Read it from the beginning of the archives.  That is like, 3 years worth of comic strips to read.  Good stuff.  

www.userfriendly.org  is another good one.  They also have some links to some other good web comics, life of riley and nodstrom being two that I can think of right off hand.    Then there is www.snopes.com  Reading about urban legends.  Ummm, I'm going to play star wars galaxies, so I like to play on those forums.  www.comics.com for lots of newspaper comic strips.  www.neopets.com may seem like a kiddy site, but, they have a lot of games, and most of them are based on older atari style games.    Ok, thats it.
Optimists believe this is the best of all worlds.  Pessimists fear the same may be true.

Offline Hung Solow

• Jedi Initiate
  • Public Enemy #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 9, 2003, 10:35 AM »
don't go getting all mushy on us Cory. ;D ;) :)
Blessed be the Maker and his Water, Blessed be the coming and the going of Him, May His passage cleanse the world. --- Dune: Dr. Kynes; Imperial Ecologist

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 9, 2003, 11:32 AM »
I am so happy that I was invited to JD.  Those people over there at Rebelscum were meanies.  That's right they were meanies <sniff, sniff wipes tears from face>!  But now that I've found JD my sad frown has turned upside down!  I am happy!  So happy and free :)  

Just joking around a bit.  I like Rebelscum but for whatever reason it started turning into a fight fest and this place does not seem to have that undercurrent.  Not yet anyway.  So, I'm sticking around here for the majority of my Star Wars pleasure time.  

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 9, 2003, 01:55 PM »
I was over at RS oday, and it sounds like people are starting to rebel against GNT. That place is just turning into a war zone. ::)

One of the main reasons I'm leaving is the politics. For example, we can be talking about movies or something, and somebody will crack a political joke. Another member will take that joke seriously, and we'll have a political debate in a soon to be locked thread. I alsoheard about the trading rule. It doesn't affect me since I don't trade, but I think it is kinda unfair also.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 9, 2003, 02:53 PM »
I know,as soon as we all jumped boat,the war really started.I see why the CSW people went to GH(I did too).
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #67 on: June 9, 2003, 03:09 PM »
I was over at RS oday, and it sounds like people are starting to rebel against GNT

Oooh. Now, you just gave me a reason to visit that site today.

J/K....maybe....  ;D
Got Clones?

Virex

« Reply #68 on: June 9, 2003, 03:29 PM »
I was over at RS oday, and it sounds like people are starting to rebel against GNT

Oooh. Now, you just gave me a reason to visit that site today.

J/K....maybe....  ;D

Hell, dude, weren't you the one campaigning for GNT to be a mod?

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 9, 2003, 04:22 PM »
I think GNT was a natural choice for mod. The dude spends nearly 24 hours a day online at that site.

I was only implying by my post that it would be a funny thread to go see (A rebellion against GNT) but I went there and it wasn't much.

I've never really had a problem with the guy. He's rather neutral across all lines I'd say.

Got Clones?

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 9, 2003, 04:34 PM »
P.S.  Josheeeeeeeeeeeee, please point me to some good things to do on the internet while sitting at work with little else to do.  I'm running out of stuff to do!

Lately, my website of choice, is shockwave.com....where I like to play 80's arcade classics. Particularly, Joust.

My high score is 212000, and I challenge anyone here to top that.  ;D
Got Clones?

Offline Mandalorian Madman

• Youngling
  • He's no good to me at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 9, 2003, 11:52 PM »
just made the migration. woot!
JD

"Open them.  All of them."

Offline Darth Ghidorah

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 9, 2003, 11:55 PM »
It is good to see familiar faces.

(RS rant deleted)

Edit by JediMAC:
Venting a few RS frustrations is fine - to a limited degree, but some of this stuff is going a little overboard and is dragging JD's friendly and positive vibe way down.  Let's try to keep the RS criticisms at least somewhat decent and constructive, if they must be made at all.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2003, 11:30 AM by JediMAC »
You suck at life.

Ewoks own you.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 9, 2003, 11:58 PM »
I am so happy that I was invited to JD.  Those people over there at Rebelscum were meanies.  That's right they were meanies <sniff, sniff wipes tears from face>!  But now that I've found JD my sad frown has turned upside down!  I am happy!  So happy and free :)  

Just joking around a bit.  I like Rebelscum but for whatever reason it started turning into a fight fest and this place does not seem to have that undercurrent.  Not yet anyway.  So, I'm sticking around here for the majority of my Star Wars pleasure time.  

I notice a particularly strong resolve here to keep this place clean with respect all around at all times.

That is the reason why I'm here, to avoid flames, concentrate on Star Wars, and for the fresh start.

This place will stay clean as long as we want it to.  RS is too far gone right now to enjoy.  Unless you want to stay there for the Jerry Springer atmosphere.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline SnowtrooperHoth

• Youngling
  • NoOb Haters ATTACK!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 10, 2003, 12:27 AM »
I dont know, im only here because someone said this place was cool. But im still sticking with RS. Ive made a lot of friends there and met up with some really cool people from my area from those boards. But im always up for doing 2 message boards at once :D