Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 581251 times)

Offline AndyG

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Outpost
Re: RS deletes accounts
« Reply #2055 on: December 3, 2005, 07:41 AM »
What gets on my nerves the most is people who can't figure out how to post a link that isn't 4 pages wide.   :P  That first page was all wonky because the guy coulnd't figure out that you can truncate everything after the topic and post data in RS links.  Or AT LEAST click on the little URL button they provide for you and paste the ridiculously long URL into the first field, and a word or two into the other.

Pisses me off every time...

Especially the feedback thread url in the signature  >:( why they just can't freakin rename it My Feedback Thread - I don't know  ::)

Offline Xander

• Jedi Initiate
  • She-mantis, Ampata, Anya…a true demon magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: December 3, 2005, 08:44 AM »
The drama over there is usually good for a laugh - its kind of the Buster Keaton meets the Keystone Cops of the collecting community (or maybe its Stir Crazy). But this little scalper episode really brought the flamers out of the woodwork. That back and forth was more painful than humorous. Sheesh.  It was like, Level I flaming.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #2057 on: December 3, 2005, 11:55 AM »
Well...what was disturbing to me about it is the amount of 10 year old retards we had arguing that scalping is totally ok.

I backed off my whole "Joe, you're scalping thing" after he calmly explained he would sell them for cost + actual shipping if people wanted him to.  But then we had these moronic little kids come in and say

U suc, U wanna be a mod so ur kissing up to them! Joe Rules!

And it's like....have I stepped into the twilight zone?  Are we actually defending scalping at Rebelscum now?  For me it had nothing to do with the guy that was scalping anymore, it was about the principle of the whole thing.   Is collect to collect just going to fly out the window?

I've always thought that people helping each other out was a big reason for these communities to exist in the first place.  Just yesterday I bought some busts over there from someone who bought a case....and I've been trading with people there (Or there that have moved here) for years.   I'll never go back to Ebay, and I'll never take any figure I have to get rid of to Ebay.

But if we start supporting people using Star Wars collecting communities as a way to make a profit....man....what's the point of them?

I just don't want to see that happen.
Soapbox off. 
Got Clones?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: December 3, 2005, 12:53 PM »
Josh, you and I are in the same boat. I'm kind of glad I missed that thread because I can really come down hard on the scalpers, but what surprises me most is that noone from the staff ever steps in to give policy. If the collect to collect motto is no longer apt, then it should be disregarded. However, if it's a rule, there is absolutely no excuse to let those scalping threads go beyond a staff member stepping in and saying, "if you scalp, it's none of our business, but don't come here and brag about it or try to defend it. Scalping or support of scalping has no place on the forum."

« Last Edit: December 3, 2005, 12:55 PM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: December 3, 2005, 04:26 PM »
I just contacted Joe Michael (33884 at RS) about some stuff he had bought from me.  He said the check was sending the check out a week ago, but just "picked it up today."  Whatever the **** that means.  He said he was waiting for me to contact him.  What???  I contacted him when we had agreed to a sale price on my stuff.

He said in his email the check was headed out to me today.  His typing, or grammar maybe, is absolutley terrible.  Does anybody have any other background info on him?

I may give him a few days and then if the check doesn't show, I'll tell him to **** off and I'll sell my stuff elsewhere.

Anyhow, sorry to bother the board with my rambling this Saturday afternoon.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Killer185

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Rebelscum = Downhill
« Reply #2060 on: December 3, 2005, 07:10 PM »
So who else here thinks Rebelscum has gone hill over the year? 

God its so boring there now...  ::)
"Lose it? I didn't lose it. It's not like, "Whoops! Where'd my job go?" I QUIT. Someone pass me the asparagus. " - Lester Burnham, American Beauty

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Rebelscum = Downhill
« Reply #2061 on: December 3, 2005, 07:12 PM »
How do I report a post? ???

Oh boy, leave it to me to miss the part where it says Report to moderator.
« Last Edit: December 3, 2005, 07:19 PM by Ook »

Offline Killer185

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: December 3, 2005, 07:14 PM »
How do I report a post? ???
What'd I do?! Isn't this sort of thing open for discussion?!  ???
"Lose it? I didn't lose it. It's not like, "Whoops! Where'd my job go?" I QUIT. Someone pass me the asparagus. " - Lester Burnham, American Beauty

Offline Killer185

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: December 3, 2005, 07:26 PM »
The drama over there is usually good for a laugh - its kind of the Buster Keaton meets the Keystone Cops of the collecting community (or maybe its Stir Crazy). But this little scalper episode really brought the flamers out of the woodwork. That back and forth was more painful than humorous. Sheesh.  It was like, Level I flaming.
Totally man... The drama there is horrible! "OH NO SPIES FROM ANOTHER STAR WARS MESSAGE BOARD IS TRYING TO SPAM US!"  ::)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: December 3, 2005, 07:40 PM »
In case your blind there was a topic about the very same thing right above this:P
« Last Edit: December 3, 2005, 07:41 PM by HunterofThePegs »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: December 3, 2005, 07:42 PM »
So who else here thinks Rebelscum has gone hill over the year? 

God its so boring there now...  ::)

Man, for a person who has been posting at RS more than here you tell us that place boring now! Oy!  ::)

Since you found our "RS deletes accounts" thread, this thread really serves no purpose. This thread is now

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: December 3, 2005, 10:15 PM »
It's a  2 or 3 year trend that you've woken up to.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: December 3, 2005, 10:17 PM »
He should have taken the blue pill.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Xander

• Jedi Initiate
  • She-mantis, Ampata, Anya…a true demon magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: December 4, 2005, 10:46 AM »
Well...what was disturbing to me about it is the amount of 10 year old retards we had arguing that scalping is totally ok.

U suc, U wanna be a mod so ur kissing up to them! Joe Rules!

That's what I mean, those kinds of responses, they seem to be on the rise. Not your part of the discussion. I think it was you who had some words of wisdom early on when I signed up there: "Arguing on the internet is like running a race in the Special Olympics..."
That's not always a truism at other sites, but it fits there to a T.

It's a  2 or 3 year trend that you've woken up to.

3 years ago there were still plenty of decent people to have discussions with that rose about the chatter.  2 years ago even.  Its hard to look away whenever the latest installments of the saga are posted.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: December 4, 2005, 12:03 PM »
I wasn't saying it was caput 2 or 3 years ago, but that it was starting to erode 2 or 3 years ago.