Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 583390 times)

Offline CaptainAlex

• Jedi Initiate
  • It's the final countdown.....
    • View Profile
    • Captain Alex & the Shrimp Shack Shooters
Re: Rebelscum
« Reply #2400 on: January 9, 2006, 09:50 PM »
I wasn't taking offensive at what you were posting LJ. I was just making a point. There's a Seinfeld bit about the over use of punctuation. It's very funny.

And thank you for pointing out my spelling error. She is correct it is spelled Democrats.

Must have been thinking of the Western NY spelling of it.
Living and dying in 3/4 time....

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: January 9, 2006, 09:51 PM »
Not really, since a lot of members here already have an opinion of me, and no matter what I do it won't change! Like you, you've brought over from rebelscum a pre-conceived notion of me.

Actually, I only know you from the forums here, and I must say, when I see one of your posts where you overuse the exclamation point, I tend to automatically discount whatever it is you are saying.  It is terribly distracting and unnecessary.
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: January 9, 2006, 09:54 PM »
But the thing is Matt, that you and others still have a prejudice against me, and no matter what I do or say, you will find something against me and use it. Tell me, I'm not right? Honestly!

Alex I just wanted to show that it really doesn't matter if you have perfect puntuation or spelling, it shouldn't!! We all, hopefully, come here to relax and unwind! So someone coming in correcting spelling mistakes or a style of ending a sentence is just unwarranted. Like perhaps that was just your way of spelling "wins", and if it was a mistake, who cares, really? That's all I'm saying, live and let live!

"And the Democrates said the same thing last election and look what happened. Oklahoma goes Red and Bush rins again. Don't take for granted what Oklahoma thinks. "
« Last Edit: January 9, 2006, 09:56 PM by Lady Jaye »
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #2403 on: January 9, 2006, 09:56 PM »
If you have the right to wear out your punctuation keys, just because it's all fun and games, then certainly other people have the right to complain about how annoying it is to them. 

See how that works?  It's all fun and games, right?
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: January 9, 2006, 09:58 PM »
But the thing is, that you and others still have a prejudice against me, and no matter what I do or say, you will find something against me and use it. Tell me, I'm not right? Honestly!

Honestly, you're not right.  I don't know you from Adam -- just what you brought here yourself is all I know of you.  You're supposed to leave your baggage at the door -- not drag it in here with you.
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: January 9, 2006, 10:00 PM »
Actually, I only know you from the forums here, and I must say, when I see one of your posts where you overuse the exclamation point, I tend to automatically discount whatever it is you are saying.  It is terribly distracting and unnecessary.

Well so be it then. It's like the guys who put their names down after their reply. It's not really necessary, but a unique style!! And that's ok, even if it is superfluous.
« Last Edit: January 9, 2006, 10:00 PM by Lady Jaye »
-Vincent

Offline CaptainAlex

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: January 9, 2006, 10:02 PM »
I agree with LJ that her reputation out there with many different forum members on at least two boards that I know of has been cemented in place. That place tends to fall of the "craptastic" side of popular opinion.

For all my deep disagreements and heated rheotric I think LJ is a good person. She's an active forum member and sometimes has a good discussion point and/or observation. I may not agree with her 95% of the time, and I think she comes off as mean spirtited and closed minded when she disagrees with others. And her level of sarcasim, misuse of punctuation and  :) ;) :D ;D :( ::) borders on compulsive and annoying  but there is no doubt she likes what she likes. And I respect her for that.

Hopefully the feedback is accepted for what it is and how many of us hope that change is possible for one that is known to so many on the Star Wars boards.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #2407 on: January 9, 2006, 10:03 PM »
How the **** is excessive punctuation a "unique style?!"  How about having the unique style of using your brain before you hit the "post" key?  Wouldn't that be a little better way to express your unique style?
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: January 9, 2006, 10:04 PM »
It's very appropriate that this thread is titled "Rebelscum".  The way people are whining about nonsense in this thread made me think that for just a second, I logged into the wrong Forum.

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: January 9, 2006, 10:06 PM »
Well like I said, to each his own Matt. Why  do you feel you have to get angry, offensive, and rude. You are capable of having a discussion without reverting to name calling, right?
« Last Edit: January 9, 2006, 10:07 PM by Lady Jaye »
-Vincent

Offline Mattdude

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • mediaworkshop.com
« Reply #2410 on: January 9, 2006, 10:07 PM »
Well....

Here's the Gareth thread in question. The reason why no knows about it is beacuse, dispite the fact that almost all who got taken were in America, Jeremy desided that a thread in the feedback section was not needed and kept only the one thread opened in the Europe section where all the American forum members would natually look.

I could be wrong, but I think Gareth was coddled.

I actually followed that thread from the begninning (or close to it).  It appeared that Gareth was trading items he didn't yet have, weaving a tangled web that eventually came apart on him.  I remember several instances where members suggested he was being coddled, only to be shut down by the moderator, and I believe in once case even threatened with suspension.

-Matt
« Last Edit: January 9, 2006, 10:11 PM by Mattdude »

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #2411 on: January 9, 2006, 10:08 PM »
Well like I said, to each his own Matt. Why  do you feel you have to get angry, offensive, and rude. You are capable of having a discussion without reverting to name calling, right?

That's just my unique style!  That's how I roll!  Deal with it!

Offline CaptainAlex

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: January 9, 2006, 10:09 PM »
It's very appropriate that this thread is titled "Rebelscum".  The way people are whining about nonsense in this thread made me think that for just a second, I logged into the wrong Forum.

Thnaks for checking in Rayne. As always there's always room for more crazy. Thanks!

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: January 9, 2006, 10:09 PM »
It is, you're right. Just like using extra punctuation is mine!!
-Vincent

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: January 9, 2006, 10:13 PM »

Thnaks for checking in Rayne. As always there's always room for more crazy. Thanks!

I may be the only level-minded person in this thread.
 ;)
And that's a scary thought.