Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 586590 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Rebelscum
« Reply #2535 on: January 13, 2006, 02:08 AM »
I like to think that the Cos' is way above that amateur green day act. 
« Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 02:08 AM by KBZ »

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #2536 on: January 13, 2006, 03:36 AM »
Thanks, KBZ.  That's nice of you to say.  Not very much true, but still nice of you to say. 

---

But at this point, and on a different note, I'd like to nominate "Darth Big Boy" for the "Biggest Dumbass ******bag on 'Scum of the Week" award, for his locking down of at least two separate threads on 'Scum this week in favor of two other previous threads, both of which he started (natch), and both of which haven't been posted to since mid-2004:

Howard Stern On Sirius

Happy Tree Friends

"Let's try and use the search button....it helps with multiple threads on the same subject. " 

Eat a dick, Big Boy.  Searching for "Happy Tree Friends" on 'Scum's horrible search engine gets you nothing but a bunch of garbage for two full pages, and you don't actually get to the Happy Tree Friends thread Big Boy started and linked to until midway down the third page. 

So thanks, Darth Big Boy, for keeping 'Scum's pages free of the dozens and dozens of Happy Tree Friends that have been cluttering up it's pages for weeks upon weeks upon weeks. . .
« Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 03:36 AM by Bill Cosby »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2537 on: January 13, 2006, 03:59 AM »
I was just mother ******* the search function there tonight as I tried to find someone's feedback thread I needed to post in, so that's pretty well beyond a good point that the pudding pop master makes.  For me, I can see the point of wanting to keep things cleaned up around the forums, I know the other guys here are that way, but at the end of the day some things that are pages and pages deep just either aren't worth bringing up or it's better to merge them if it's really that big a deal...

I always get a laugh out of all the 's one may see at any given time of the day on the forums there.  Not that "running a big place is hard" isn't true, but sometimes it's just made comically hard.

And it's true, Bill Cosby is not Greenday.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #2538 on: January 13, 2006, 04:12 AM »
It's just a big joke, how none of their staff is on the same page (or anywhere near each other in the Dewey Decimal System) ;) regarding crap like this.  Just recently, JoshEEE had posted a link to the "Lazy Sunday" parody rap on SNL, which another poster had mentioned was discussed heavily in an also-recent SNL discussion.  And then, of course, Dustin has to come in and layeth the smack down on the guy who pointed out that there was already another thread discussing it:

Darth_Hiryu wrote:
Ok there have been seven thousand comments about this on the SNL thread in fact the SNL thread was practically made to discuss this. Please post comments on the SNL thread.

Dustin wrote:

I tell ya what, you just worry about you and I'll handle the moderation around here. You post is borderline trolling and will not be tolerated. Think before you type.

Yes there was a SNL thread, but how are folks supposed to know that this skit about the chronicals of narnia within it. What if I don't like SNL? That's the only reason I've left this open.

Now back to your regular drama filled forum ;-)

Play nice!

The Chronicles of Narnia Rap

Meanwhile, Big Boy is giving people crap about using the search feature for threads that haven't been posted to in a year and a half.

I just don't get it. 

Is there some sort of unwritten requirement that you have to huff a bunch of spray paint before you can become a moderator there that I don't know about?
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2539 on: January 13, 2006, 04:22 AM »
I'd have never seen that if you hadn't pointed it out, so I thank you for the best laugh of the night...

Yeah, that pretty much is a night and day reaction from both.  I side with Dustin's reaction completely, and I guess DBB just takes the whole "use the search function" overly serious...  I dunno.  I just picture the most FUBAR discussion topic behind the scenes there though that about 80% of the staff didn't read and the other 20% of the staff weren't important enough to have made this "decision" in the first place on their own...  It's weird.

But over-moderating is hardly new for them...  Take my Greg(g), please!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: January 13, 2006, 07:05 AM »
Alex, looks like you've been reinstated over there.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: January 13, 2006, 09:15 AM »

Have you considered the possibility that your PM wasn't reported? Admin's there are probably able to read your sent messages.

I've thought it might be this too. Even if they read the PMs, the PMs were very cordial and nice, so if some douche bag got pissed I sent him a nice PM and reported me he can kiss my ass for now on.

As nice as they were, you can still get banned just for mentioning another site's name over at RS, regardless of which site it is. Hell, we all got banned because we had links to JediDefender in our signatures, or even less - used our JediDefender email accounts as our email accounts when signing up at RS.

So it doesn't matter how nice or cordial you're messages were, you broke one of the golden rules. No one mentions any other site outside of RS at RS. Automatic ban.

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
« Reply #2542 on: January 13, 2006, 10:06 AM »

Have you considered the possibility that your PM wasn't reported? Admin's there are probably able to read your sent messages.

I've thought it might be this too. Even if they read the PMs, the PMs were very cordial and nice, so if some douche bag got pissed I sent him a nice PM and reported me he can kiss my ass for now on.

As nice as they were, you can still get banned just for mentioning another site's name over at RS, regardless of which site it is. Hell, we all got banned because we had links to JediDefender in our signatures, or even less - used our JediDefender email accounts as our email accounts when signing up at RS.

So it doesn't matter how nice or cordial you're messages were, you broke one of the golden rules. No one mentions any other site outside of RS at RS. Automatic ban.

I realize that its against the rules, but its shady that some guy I PMed nicely got pissed and reported me.  ::)

Oh well, its water under the bridge as I've been reinstated. I was told that due to the outcry of me being banned that they have reconsidered. I really truly appreciate everyone who said something.

WTB Autographs and loose vintage, PM me!
"The Dude abides" - The Big Lebowski

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: January 13, 2006, 10:21 AM »
I realize that its against the rules, but its shady that some guy I PMed nicely got pissed and reported me.  ::)

I know it may have been mentioned somewhere in this thread already, but do you know who it was?

It sounds like something Mister Kenobi would do - turn around and act like a little hall monitor tattletale.

Teacher!  Teacher!  We're supposed to have homework!  You forgot to give us homework!

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: January 13, 2006, 10:30 AM »
I really truly appreciate everyone who said something.

No problem.  Us banned RS members have to stick together.
 ;)

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
« Reply #2545 on: January 13, 2006, 11:00 AM »

I know it may have been mentioned somewhere in this thread already, but do you know who it was?

It sounds like something Mister Kenobi would do - turn around and act like a little hall monitor tattletale.

Teacher!  Teacher!  We're supposed to have homework!  You forgot to give us homework!

MisterKenobi wouldn't do that to me; in fact he's the one who made the thread rallying for my return.

I did recieve word though from Phillip though that someone I did PM did email the Rebelscum staff asking what the heck I was thinking. Some jackass obviously cared that much by me PMing him that he took the time to actually email the staff about it. Do people not have lives?

I want to refrain from just listing people, as I don't want to hurt someone innocents reputation. Trust me though, I'll figure it out.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Rebelscum is a Waste of My Time
« Reply #2546 on: January 13, 2006, 11:06 AM »
I, too, was banned during the "Great JD Purge of April 2005" for simply being a JD Staff member, only to be re-instated like the rest of the gang.  But, like Jesse James, I hardly ever used my RS account after that.  In fact, after I was re-instated the only time I posted anything over there again was to defend the GH guys and point out blatent hypocrisy on the part of the RS Mods/Admins.  That of course was unacceptible behavior and I was banned for "my association with JD".

I still think it's so stupid and so hypocritical that members can get banned for having non-RS links in their signature lines, but Moderators and Admins can do that if they want...  even stupider that I got banned for pointing that out.  ::)

In the end, the only emotion I feel about my banning is - "whatever".  If that's how they want to run their ship, making dramatic examples of those who dare speak out against them or question them, who cares?  Whatever.  No skin off my back.  I couldn't care less about not posting over there.  Really.  It's a place filled FULL of greenday101s/yooda_bois and morons.  For every "good" poster, there are 100 illiterate morons.

I would much rather spend the time I have on-line here.  The people are (for the most part) nicer, more literate, and just more mature overall.  Yeah, we have a few "greenday101" types pop up from time to time, but they are swiftly dispatched.  Maybe we will never have the "traffic" that RS has (although by the numbers, our forums are the second most active out there), but who cares if it's crappy ass traffic?  I'd rather read a thread with 5-6 well-rounded posts instead of one filled with 50 "yeah, taht guy looks hella coolz!" posts.

I consider RS to be a waste of my time.  I'll pass on the illiterate morons, the hypicritcal Admins, and Webmasters only in it to make money off their forumites.  I'm not missing anything (other than headaches) by staying away from RS.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Skyhoucker

• Youngling
  • It will be done, my lord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: January 13, 2006, 11:44 AM »
It's just a big joke, how none of their staff is on the same page (or anywhere near each other in the Dewey Decimal System) ;) regarding crap like this.  Just recently, JoshEEE had posted a link to the "Lazy Sunday" parody rap on SNL, which another poster had mentioned was discussed heavily in an also-recent SNL discussion.  And then, of course, Dustin has to come in and layeth the smack down on the guy who pointed out that there was already another thread discussing it:

Darth_Hiryu wrote:
Ok there have been seven thousand comments about this on the SNL thread in fact the SNL thread was practically made to discuss this. Please post comments on the SNL thread.

Dustin wrote:

I tell ya what, you just worry about you and I'll handle the moderation around here. You post is borderline trolling and will not be tolerated. Think before you type.

Yes there was a SNL thread, but how are folks supposed to know that this skit about the chronicals of narnia within it. What if I don't like SNL? That's the only reason I've left this open.

Now back to your regular drama filled forum ;-)

Play nice!

The Chronicles of Narnia Rap

Meanwhile, Big Boy is giving people crap about using the search feature for threads that haven't been posted to in a year and a half.

I just don't get it. 

Is there some sort of unwritten requirement that you have to huff a bunch of spray paint before you can become a moderator there that I don't know about?

I agree... I saw this as it was happening... Dustin basically threatened a user for politely offering that they post it in the section that it's been being discussed for a while... Dustin's a chode.  How many of the "mod's little helpers" direct people to other threads... oh yeah... the borderline trolling won't be tolerated.  Their policies ( or rather what they decide to enforce, and to who) change with the weather.  It's sad really, that the "standard" for Star Wars forums is the biggest joke of them all...
Finally finished RotS

Offline Skyhoucker

• Youngling
  • It will be done, my lord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: January 13, 2006, 11:51 AM »
Oh, and I forgot to mention.  If VVD was as cordial as he said he was (which I believe him), then there are no grounds to ban/suspend him.  Philip Wise himself (in an email) informed me that the whatever happens in PMs is not ground for suspension/banning.  I can produce it on request.  I just thought I'd share that the webmaster over there can't even follow his own direction... ::)

Well, at least Doom got reinstated... yay... I've only been suspended over there twice... (currently instated, though)... I usually only go over there to see what all the schmucks have to say about bull**** subjects... it's really gone downhill since I joined in September (must be my fault).  I lurked for a while but now I just don't care.  Thanks to guys like Chris here, there's a great place to contribute without the thought of being suspended for touching a nerve... so thanks, Chris, and the rest of the staff here!  You guys know how to make outcasts like myself feel welcome!

Oh, and another thing I can't stand is when people like MisterKenobi call people noobs... define noob... is it the "fresh" members in forums?  Or is it the people that just recently have gotten into Star Wars?  I've been a fan of Star Wars for at least 5 years... just because I recently join a forum doesn't make me a noob...
Finally finished RotS

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
« Reply #2549 on: January 13, 2006, 12:06 PM »
For those interested, here is the PM that I sent to those couple people that day I was banned:

"Hey. I would like to invite you to Wampa's Cave, as I think you would make a good member there. Here is a link: (link)

If you chose not to sign up, thats ok, but I hope you do!

Take care!"

Thats all I said. I'm so sorry if that inconvenienced some people so much as to write an email bitching about me to the staff. I'm not angry with the staff really, as I did break the rules, but like I said that is water under the bridge. I'm angry that some loser took the time to report me over that PM above. 
 ::)