Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 587165 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: Rebelscum
« Reply #2550 on: January 13, 2006, 12:26 PM »
it's really gone downhill since I joined in September

September 2005?  September 2002 is more like it. . .

---

And, just to play Devil's Advocate for a moment, is it not just a bit uncouth (or at least a little unWise) to use one forum's PM system to invite people to a competitor?  Philip's got such a bug up his ass about anyone even mentioning a competing website over there (wasn't the original Wampa's Cave thread closed and deleted/moved?), that if it were me, I think I'd try to find alternative means of inviting people to a new message board.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
« Reply #2551 on: January 13, 2006, 12:34 PM »
it's really gone downhill since I joined in September

September 2005?  September 2002 is more like it. . .

---

And, just to play Devil's Advocate for a moment, is it not just a bit uncouth (or at least a little unWise) to use one forum's PM system to invite people to a competitor?  Philip's got such a bug up his ass about anyone even mentioning a competing website over there (wasn't the original Wampa's Cave thread closed and deleted/moved?), that if it were me, I think I'd try to find alternative means of inviting people to a new message board.

It's not like this whole thing of sending the invites was a large predetermined operation. I just sent a few PMs to people, nothing more, nothing less. Wampa's Cave isn't trying to be in competition with Rebelscum. Like I said earlier, I've never seen a need to make a choice between the sites. Had I been PMing the people trash talking about Scum, or telling them to ditch Scum, that I could understand. But all I did was show a couple people another forum.

I realize in hindsight I probably shouldn't have done that, and I've apologized. Its Phillip's site and he can make all the rules he wants. I just thought banning was harsh for a petty thing such as this (I also have NEVER gotten so much as a warning during my entire time at Rebelscum).
WTB Autographs and loose vintage, PM me!
"The Dude abides" - The Big Lebowski

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #2552 on: January 13, 2006, 12:39 PM »
Wampa's Cave isn't trying to be in competition with Rebelscum.

But to Philip Wise, it is.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: January 13, 2006, 12:46 PM »
Okay, can we get back to discussing punctuation now that Victor's banning has been resolved?

Personally, I see it as an act of intention. Abusing punctuation is a choice, just like using all capital letters or awkward combinations of caps and lower case. Really out there slang spelling falls into this category also.

People who have poor spelling or grammar are often trying their best. It's different because they're trying to communicate vs. trying to create what someone here called  a "style". They're not making the same choice as someone who misuses punctuation, caps or intentionally awkward spelling.

I'm not in favor of punctuation abuse regardless of which user is doing it. It's in the same category as using all capital letters.
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline Skyhoucker

• Youngling
  • It will be done, my lord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: January 13, 2006, 01:05 PM »
Just thought I'd make it known that I was introduced to this forum from a couple members at 'scum through PM.  It's not like I chose one over the other.  I understand where it's not "proper" to invite people to another site through the messaging system of another one.  But, I bet most people that are members of multiple forums were invited with that method.  There's nothing wrong with it... unless you're an anal tool that's an attention whore.
Finally finished RotS

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #2555 on: January 13, 2006, 01:07 PM »
Okay, can we get back to discussing punctuation now that Victor's banning has been resolved?

Deanpaul's right.

For the love of God...

STOP THE REBELSCUM DISCUSSION!!!

Nobody really gives a flying ****.  Take this pissing match to PMs.

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
« Reply #2556 on: January 13, 2006, 01:18 PM »

Deanpaul's right.

For the love of God...

It's not a pissing match at all...we were just discussing it. This is the Rebelscum thread after all. I've been trying to get the talk about me to slow it down, hence me repeatedly saying its water under the bridge. Everythings resolved, there is nothing more to discuss really. It's not a problem.

For not giving a flying ****, you've posted in this thread a lot.

Not trying to start **** here or start a flame war, of course.

I've said my stuff, and I'm done.

I agree with Deanpaul.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 01:20 PM by Victor_Von_Doom »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #2557 on: January 13, 2006, 02:28 PM »
I always wondered a few things since I left RS:

Do they have a thread in Wuher's discussing JD?

Would you get banned if you posted a link to the Official SW site in your post/signature/profile?

Would you get banned/suspended if you did not use the RS add to get to Master Replicas? PW seems to have a real hard-on for that, does he get a nickel or something everytime someone clicks on that link?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #2558 on: January 13, 2006, 03:09 PM »
It's not a pissing match at all...we were just discussing it. This is the Rebelscum thread after all. I've been trying to get the talk about me to slow it down, hence me repeatedly saying its water under the bridge. Everythings resolved, there is nothing more to discuss really. It's not a problem.

I agree with Deanpaul.

Sorry, Sir.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: January 13, 2006, 03:36 PM »

Deanpaul's right.

For the love of God...

Is that the best you could do on the giant text!??!!!??  Sheesh.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #2560 on: January 13, 2006, 04:10 PM »
Is that the best you could do on the giant text!??!!!??  Sheesh.

I could have gone larger, I suppose, but at that point, isn't it really just overcompensating for small penis size?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #2561 on: January 13, 2006, 04:21 PM »
but at that point, isn't it really just overcompensating for small penis size?
If that's the case, then Colman should type all his posts like this.

Zing!
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2562 on: January 13, 2006, 04:26 PM »
Own3d.

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
« Reply #2563 on: January 13, 2006, 04:51 PM »

I agree with Deanpaul.

Sorry, Sir.

Did I say you could talk?

;)

(its no big deal, no hard feelings or anything)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2564 on: January 13, 2006, 05:09 PM »
And then my text should be like this for reverse compensating.   <--- hah, that worked.  :)

BTW Matt, there's no JD thread, right now.  I have seen threads regarding other sites come up, and as long as all you did was BASH that site and not link to it, that was ok. :)  That's funny.

The most recent example was a thread trashing GalacticHunter where all links got removed.  It was trashing them for some rumors they'd posted, blah blah blah...  You couldn't link to it, but you could talk as much **** as you wanted about the site.  Very childish... 
« Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 05:11 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77